Comments from Gailey, O-line: cause for concern?

We have a rookie 2nd round pick starting at LT, Wood who hasnt played in months, our RG usually at center, a back up at RG to fill for him, and a backup swing tackle at RT. This is not a formula for a clicking offensive line. Hopefully they get healthy and form some coesion in a few weeks rather than watching them get injured and the unit dismantles by week 7.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Levitre and the line are putting pressure and expectations upon themselves as a way to motivate and focus?

Personally I have zero concerns about our offensive line. They and the defensive line will not be the culprits if the Bills season undershoots expectations.

That would be very scary for me as a Bills fan if these professional athletes at the NFL level need that to motivate or focus them.

My original post was more about posturing.

Levitre's not gonna pass up an opportunity to motivate his teammates or the opportunity to say "the right thing" to the media. I doubt that he's actually concerned and I doubt the O-line needs any motivation.

To Hopeful, I'm not concerned too much about the Pears-Hairston situation. I think Hairston will be fine if pressed into service.

I do agree that Wood's health is the most critical factor in the success of the O-line. The difference between Wood-Urbik and Urbik-Rinehart seems pretty significant.

In other words, IMO if Wood is healthy the Bills O-line will be fine.

We have a rookie 2nd round pick starting at LT, Wood who hasnt played in months, our RG usually at center, a back up at RG to fill for him, and a backup swing tackle at RT. This is not a formula for a clicking offensive line. Hopefully they get healthy and form some coesion in a few weeks rather than watching them get injured and the unit dismantles by week 7.

Wood played in the Minn game last week. But yes, it will be nice to have him at 100%.