25th year of Shark Week

Mark Vader

I caught the new Air Jaws episode last night. The super slo-mo HD footage of those great whites propelling themselves out of the water is mind blowing. And the guys who sprawl out on a mini raft 10 feet away from the seal "bait" to get those shots are certifiably insane.

I caught the new Air Jaws episode last night. The super slo-mo HD footage of those great whites propelling themselves out of the water is mind blowing. And the guys who sprawl out on a mini raft 10 feet away from the seal "bait" to get those shots are certifiably insane.

They are replaying that episode tonight. Can't wait to see it.

They are replaying that episode tonight. Can't wait to see it.

Beware Colossus!

I'm looking forward to this show tomorrow night:

ADRIFT: 47 DAYS WITH SHARKS

Premiering Tuesday, August 14, 10PM e/p

During a routine search and rescue mission over the Pacific in WWII, an American plane crashed into shark-infested waters. This is the inspiring true story of two war heroes — one an Olympian, one a pastor's son — who managed to survive a record-breaking 47 days at sea in a life raft. They subsisted on only the food they were able to catch from the ocean and the water they were able to collect from the rain, all while fighting off a gang of sharks that were their constant companions. But when they finally did reach land, it was only the beginning of their troubles. What happened to these men is one of the greatest tests of faith, will and endurance of our time.

This is part of the story presented in this book: Unbroken. An incredible story of a true American hero.