Marcus Easley....the new James Hardy

K-Gun10

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that sees this but Marcus and the injuries and the lack of play just makes me think of James Hardy ; an athlete that just doesn't seem to be the answer.

Anyone else think this way

No.

When we drafted Hardy the team insisted that he was really a 1st-round talent. No one has said that about Easely.

Hardy was a high 2nd round pick, Easeley was mid-4th. It's not good that he's not playing well, but it's also not nearly as bad as Hardy was a bust.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Easley people (I was one) but he's as good as gone. Seriously if this guy had any chance of doing anything even remotely productive for this team he'd be in there making plays against backups. Roosevelt will make the team over him. Time to move on, roll with what we have and expect next years draft to be WR and LB early and often

Sorry Easley people (I was one) but he's as good as gone. Seriously if this guy had any chance of doing anything even remotely productive for this team he'd be in there making plays against backups. Roosevelt will make the team over him. Time to move on, roll with what we have and expect next years draft to be WR and LB early and often

Nailed it.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one that sees this but Marcus and the injuries and the lack of play just makes me think of James Hardy ; an athlete that just doesn't seem to be the answer.

Anyone else think this way

Based on last night Rooseveldt passed him on the depth chart.

Hope something good happens for him. I don't know much about Hardy off the field other than the arrest before his rookie year, but Easley seems like a really good dude. The camp he ran for kids in Connecticut says a lot about him - two years, two IRs, never even made it to the regular season and he's still trying to do what he can for kids with the little NFL cred he has. It's gotta be tough - the guy went from UConn to the pros - that's got to be a huge leap. I don't know if he'll make the roster - odds seem stacked against him. But I'm pulling for him both on and off the field.

Hope something good happens for him.

I know what you're saying but something good has already happened for him.

He was a member of an NFL team for 2+ seasons and signed a contract which paid him a $500,000 signing bonus, and a base salary of about that much for both 2010 and 2011.

In other words he's pocketed about $1.5 million. Not bad for a 24-year old.

I know what you're saying but something good has already happened for him.

He was a member of an NFL team for 2+ seasons and signed a contract which paid him a $500,000 signing bonus, and a base salary of about that much for both 2010 and 2011.

In other words he's pocketed about $1.5 million. Not bad for a 24-year old.

Let's hope he doesn't/didn't blow it