Underage Drinking Sting at the Ralph

Tolstoy

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of course I think that obeying the law is important. However, I can't help but think that there is something absurd about a law that brings about a "sting" operation at the Ralph to nab 20 year olds for drinking what was probably a few beers. For heaven's sake, these are grown men and women who can and often do have families, full-time jobs, and can fight and die for their country. They can't enjoy a beer legally???? I'm sorry, but this law needs to change. We should clamp down on drunk driving--yes, but lower the drinking age for wine and beer. We need to teach teenagers how to enjoy beer responsibly (i.e., in our presence), not force them to drink cheep swill in private.

Good Topic. I agree. These stings are pretty ridiculous. We need to lower the Drinking age to say 19-20, and DO a better job of educating kids/teens on use of alcohol instead of going on benders before Bills games and such. I know kids get caught up, but we're all responsible for what we do. If you can die for your country, you should be able to have a beer.

That could have just as easily been a 21 year old driver, or a 45 year old one for that matter. Under 21=/=stupid and reckless. Stupid and reckless=stupid and reckless.

Under 21 may not have a causal relationship to being stupid and reckless, but it does have a correlation - any of the auto insurance actuarial tables will show you that - I tend to believe those - insurance companies are pretty good and crunching those numbers.

Publicity stunts to justify more funding

You tax dollar at work. Actually these "stings" are just another form of taxation. Ever since 9/11, we are loosing more freedoms and being taxed more to support this lost.

Not to sound like a nut job, but really gov't has become your enemy. It thrives to take money out of your wallet as its main purpose. Other than snow plowing my street and picking up my garbage, what do I really need?

Under 21 may not have a causal relationship to being stupid and reckless, but it does have a correlation - any of the auto insurance actuarial tables will show you that - I tend to believe those - insurance companies are pretty good and crunching those numbers.

Under 21 age drivers are a higher risk for sure. My son is 18 and I let him drink beer because him and his friends are responsible. They always have a DD or they sleep over at the friends house if no DD is available. Or call a cab and I'll pay the cab when they get home. I have pounded into their heads to not get behind the wheel if you have had a few beers.

But he used to drive waaaay more buzzed and nothing happened.

LOL - yeah, that logic is a little strange. I got super lucky in my life. I don't drink anymore, but I probably drove drunk 1000 times, and nothing happened (except for one small accident when I was going 70 mph on prom night with probably 8 people in the car - and hit a small sign. If I hit anything else, it would have been the biggest news of the month or year).

I was so stupid and just blessed that nothing bad ever happened. Not even a well deserved DWI........Not many people are going to get that lucky.

You tax dollar at work. Actually these "stings" are just another form of taxation. Ever since 9/11, we are loosing more freedoms and being taxed more to support this lost.

Not to sound like a nut job, but really gov't has become your enemy. It thrives to take money out of your wallet as its main purpose. Other than snow plowing my street and picking up my garbage, what do I really need?

A beer?

I honestly think it's sad that alcohol plays such a large part in the culture of our fanbase as well as others around the NFL. To be clear - I don't advocate banning alcohol in the lots, but I do think that enforcing underage laws for those under 21 and cracking down on those in their 20s that can drink legally but do so to excess greatly enhances the experience for those who simply want to have one or two beers and enjoy the game.

Bottom line - if an underage person's judgment while sober is so impaired that they decide to drink in public yards away from police cars, what does that say about their judgment while drunk?

This. If you can't refrain from doing something illegal in public what does that say about other judgement choices like when to stop drinking how to act at the game or whether or not to have a designated driver.

Under 21 age drivers are a higher risk for sure. My son is 18 and I let him drink beer because him and his friends are responsible. They always have a DD or they sleep over at the friends house if no DD is available. Or call a cab and I'll pay the cab when they get home. I have pounded into their heads to not get behind the wheel if you have had a few beers.

That is just it, there are responsible under 21's. Largely in part because of their upbringing. I used to ride around in my dad's car when he was smashed as a kid, and it scared the living **** out of me that I never have driven completely hammered, let alone over .08.