QB will be the reason we still can't get it done

Toshiero

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's not a winner. That's all that matters.

Fred Jax and Stevie, and I could go on and on have all been on the same team. They are also not proven winners, should the Bills be looking to replace them also?

It's a team game and the QB is just a piece. Geeze!

Fred Jax and Stevie, and I could go on and on have all been on the same team. They are also not proven winners, should the Bills be looking to replace them also?

The search for the next savior is one of the continuing frailties of us humans. One would think that Bills fans who lived and breathed the great early 90s Bills teams should be among the first to realize that though a lot of the winning ways was about Jimbo, the thing which made this team a TEAM was far more than the starting QB.

How can they ignore the pivotal role of HOF'ers like Thurnan, Bruce and Marv Levy and perennial almost HoFers Tasker and Reed.

Add to this that many fans found the difference makers to be folks like Kent Hull or leadership types like Darryl Talley or episodic contributions from consensus MVPs like Paup.

Finally, for those who want to insist it all started with the essential role of Jimbo then please account for Frank Reich leading the team to victory in the Greatest Game Ever Played.

It simply makes a mockery of theory that it is all about the play of one QB.

Gailey has demonstrated in multiple other gigs that his O can vastly improve the production of a formerly thought to be wahed up QB. This is by far the best hope this team has of making the playoffs. The neurotic and often psychotic quest for a franchise QB at any clear reason for many failure over the last decade plus.

It simply makes a mockery of theory that it is all about the play of one QB

Nice strawman :)

I guess we'll see at the end of this season what the Fitz apologists have to say.

But he's won games, making him a winner. :huh:

So VY is more of a winner then?

Edited by ETD66SS

Fitz isnt there to win us games, he is there to manage games and give us the opportunity to win.

Really? What about Gailey's pass happy offense the last two years has made you think that?

Thursday night, the first team offense had 15 pass plays and zero run plays. Not even one of those pass plays were from under center and for about half of them we were 5 wide. In fact, the first run play and snap from under center wasn't until there was 9 mins left in the 3rd quarter.

This is not a run first team. This is a pass it every play team.

Sure. just like the steering wheel is just a "piece" of an automobile.

Dilfer gets a ring on the heels of of one of the most vaunted defenses in the history of the NFL, and now folks think that ANYONE can do it. -That's simply not the case.

I love F-Jax, but if he starts fumbling frequently then his usefulness to this team is in question. -Same thing for Stevie if he drops too many balls.

Why does Fitz get an eternity to get his crap together, and an indefinite amount of strikes before he's called out?!

Chan's sentimentality, and unwavering allegiance to Fitz is getting tiresome. If Fitz can't get the offense going by game 3, he should be put on notice.

Really? What about Gailey's pass happy offense the last two years has made you think that?

Thursday night, the first team offense had 15 pass plays and zero run plays. Not even one of those pass plays were from under center and for about half of them we were 5 wide. In fact, the first run play and snap from under center wasn't until there was 9 mins left in the 3rd quarter.

This is not a run first team. This is a pass it every play team.

Are you being serious? I can't imagine anyone getting this conclusion after watching a preseason game.

Fitzpatrick seems to be a great guy, highly intelligent, and has truly epic facial hair. I understand that he has some very good games and some bad ones. That also can be said for most of the back-up QBs as well.

I cheer for the logo on the helmet not the name on the jersey. I hope that he does well. I doubt that he's able to.

Fitzpatrick seems to be a great guy, highly intelligent, and has truly epic facial hair. I understand that he has some very good games and some bad ones. That also can be said for most of the back-up QBs as well.

I cheer for the logo on the helmet not the name on the jersey. I hope that he does well. I doubt that he's able to.

Don't understand this? What are you looking for from the QB position? 50 TDs 5000 Yds, me too, but that guy is not readily available each and every year. The guy we have 25 TDs and 4000 Yds is the next best option, and we have that,(numbers very comparable to J Kelly I might add) so I don't understand the Fitz hate! Nobody seemed to complain when Kelly was only going for 25TDs 3500 Yds and 19 picks.

I can't disagree with the issue of not running the ball. If I were RW I would pull nix and gailey aside and tell them cut this run and shoot bull ****. As per an earlier post by me, we don't have WR's we need to cut the 4 WR bull **** sets, go with a normal set including our FB who can block DAMN Well and run the freaking football and play D

You mean like when we had like 8 consecutive running plays inside the Redskins' 10 yard line and still couldn't punch it through? You do realize this was a scrimmage, right?

You mean like when we had like 8 consecutive running plays inside the Redskins' 10 yard line and still couldn't punch it through? You do realize this was a scrimmage, right?

You're wasting your time my friend........you can be rational all you want, but they didn't win the game, so some fans are going to say the team is no good.

Even though it was the first preseason game, even though there was no game plan, even though they didn't implement any of their regular season looks, even though they didn't mix the run and the pass............they still lost, so there will be much complaining.

Can't fix the whole team in one off season. This year we improved our D. Next year we will work on the O.

QB, WR's.

GO BILLS!

Let's hope you are correct, because those two areas are far and away the two glaring weaknesses on this team and the ones that will ultimately keep this team from competing for the playoffs this year.

Don't understand this? What are you looking for from the QB position? 50 TDs 5000 Yds, me too, but that guy is not readily available each and every year. The guy we have 25 TDs and 4000 Yds is the next best option, and we have that,(numbers very comparable to J Kelly I might add) so I don't understand the Fitz hate! Nobody seemed to complain when Kelly was only going for 25TDs 3500 Yds and 19 picks.

Nonsensical gibberish. No where was any "hate" expressed towards Fitzpatrick in my post. Questioning his ability does not equate to hate. So you can save that particular tactic to try and shame others, it doesn't work on me.

To compare the QB today with someone from 20 years ago is even more nonsense. It's not the same game. The rule changes are such that it is now a passing league and will be even more so in the future. What Kelly did 20 years ago has no bearing on today. Unless of course you're suggesting Fitzpatrick is every bit the QB Kelly was because their stats may be similiar, but I don't think you're that silly.

Uh Our Qb is definetly a piece but keep living in fantasy world. Until we get one that is not a turnover machine. But keep believing in somebody that has proved nothing other than he is three- and out or turnover waiting to happen. Oh yeah i forgot... it ws the broken ribs ! ! :w00t: