8/4 camp report from Buff News

I was there today and saw a lot of really good things. I watched the oline vs dline in individuals for awhile. Both Cordy Glenn and Chris Hairston looked good at tackle from what I saw. Glenn just seemed to be a wall in front of whoever was facing off against him. Held his own against Anderson and Merriman.

Fitzys balls seem to have more zip on them then from what I remember in the past, although he did throw an out route for a pick six by Stephon Gilmore who read it right away.

I was somewhat far away during team drills but the DLine looks as advertised. Constant pressure on the QB. CJ looked explosive running the ball and I was impressed with Dickerson who was working the safeties in individuals. I also loved what I saw of Sheppard. He's going to be a fun player to watch behind that line.

Freddy had something wrong with his ankle so he didn't do much. Kelsay, Stevie, and Nelson didn't practice.

Met Wannstedt after practice who seemed very pleased with his goal line defense and the dline in general. Seems like a really cool guy.

A few things jumped out at me about the report.

Corey McIntyre scored in goal line drills on a 2-yard run. He was also unsuccessful on another run. Will we see CMac used as a short yardage back this year?

Also, Gailey said the defense won 5-3 on the 8 plays on the goal line. But the first team offense was 2-2 while the second team offense was 1-3 with three of those plays being runs.

Seems like Gailey is oversimplifying a bit… maybe to motivate the offense.

Mario Williams had yet another batted ball. At 6'6" and long-armed and athletic and lined up on the left side of the defense, he's gonna wreak havoc on passing lanes on the offensive right side.

I was there today and saw a lot of really good things. I watched the oline vs dline in individuals for awhile. Both Cordy Glenn and Chris Hairston looked good at tackle from what I saw. Glenn just seemed to be a wall in front of whoever was facing off against him. Held his own against Anderson and Merriman.

Fitzys balls seem to have more zip on them then from what I remember in the past, although he did throw an out route for a pick six by Stephon Gilmore who read it right away.

I was somewhat far away during team drills but the DLine looks as advertised. Constant pressure on the QB. CJ looked explosive running the ball and I was impressed with Dickerson who was working the safeties in individuals. I also loved what I saw of Sheppard. He's going to be a fun player to watch behind that line.

Freddy had something wrong with his ankle so he didn't do much. Kelsay, Stevie, and Nelson didn't practice.

Met Wannstedt after practice who seemed very pleased with his goal line defense and the dline in general. Seems like a really cool guy.

My biggest worry.....the out pattern pick sixes