What the Browns deal might mean for the Bills

Reading the latest from John Clayton on the situations in Cleveland and Buffalo and when reviewing the possible ownership change in Cleveland, he says:

The first thing I think is "He's going to come for Whaley!" :o

Tell me Im wrong :unsure:

The Bills have gone out and built a strong Front office. Whaley being apart of that. Now mind you they put all their eggs in one basket when it comes to Fitz. So ultimately if this team fails and Fitz has a bad year, and the Bills do worse than 6-10, it puts them all in a bind, since all they've created here may very well fall apart, and that may make Whaley expendable depending on how far Ralph will go if we have a bad 2012 season...

If the Browns sold for more than a billion dollars, what does that make the Bills worth?

It's a bit apples and oranges. Cleveland metro is more than twice the size of Buffalo's metro (2.9M vs. 1.2M). The stadium is better and, most importantly, Cleveland supports a more lucrative business market which translates to luxury boxes. My SWAG is that the Bills would sell for 70-80% of the Browns price mostly due to TV revenue.

My 2 cents.

Forbes had the Browns valued at $977M, so that $1B figure is a fair price. Forbes has the Bills valued at $792M in case anyone is curious. Of course, if the new owner had the intent of moving the team to LA, then the Bills could easily go for over $1B in that scenario.

Forbes had the Browns valued at $977M, so that $1B figure is a fair price. Forbes has the Bills valued at $792M in case anyone is curious. Of course, if the new owner had the intent of moving the team to LA, then the Bills could easily go for over $1B in that scenario.

I agree. Any franchise that would be put up for bid will sell for 1B or more IMO. The Browns sale was private and already vetted by the league to an extent. Teams don't come up for sale often and their are plenty of billionaires out there.

Where are we getting any idea from teams around the league that they are just dying to give Whaley a GM job?

Whaley has experience and a resume that would be desirable to some owners.

If the offer is right, well, sucks for us. Big Time.

i consider Doug our future and glad of it.His influence has already started to show i think.

CAN YOU HEAR ME MR WHALEY?

Browns sold today ... apparently

http://sportsillustr...t2_a4&eref=sihp

If the Browns sold for more than a billion dollars, what does that make the Bills worth?

That is exactly what I was thinking, although I will say there stadium is worth much more then ours so that has to add to the value.

Does the sale include the "Factory of Sadness?"