Remember when the Jets signed Derek Mason?

The we signed Mario Williams a year later :thumbsup:

!@#$ the Jets!

There are clearly days when even if I have had enough coffee that I cannot understand the reason for some of the threads on this board ... every team in the NFL signs free agents and most never turn out to be the player that they had hoped for (Just ask the Philadelphia Eagles and Washington Redskins). Obviously, from all indications our big two this year are exceptions to that rule but we'll have to wait to find out.

Time for a little more coffee and then maybe I can figure out why this was posted and what I should have written in reply to it.

I think the Captain meant it as an F-U to the Jets. Nothing more, nothing less. Just a guy excited about the upcoming season. Everybody relax and start bashing the Jets with our boy Hindsight. We are all rooting for the same team around here.

How is it an FU to the Jets if the Jets weren't trying to sign Mario or if Mario was never a member of the Jets? Still don't see the connection here.

The point is gone are the days when the Bills sign a name guy to fill seats, ala Derek Mason, TO or Ochostinko. We signed the best player in FA not named Peyton Manning. The Jets got Tebow, and laron landry

I have serious doubts that Manning will be the Messiah in Denver, much less return to his old self. He looks good in practice. Great. Let's see how he performs on the field after MAJOR neck surgery. I think we signed the best FA of this offseason, period.

BA

Because we signed a guy in his prime who actually has skills, not a wash-up like Mason or a ... whatever Tebow is like the Jets did. Our guy, Mario is better than theirs. Thats all. Its actually pretty simple.

Our guy is also not a big mouth like Holmes, a colossal dumbass like Cromartie, or an ex con like Plaxico.

Because we signed a guy in his prime who actually has skills, not a wash-up like Mason or a ... whatever Tebow is like the Jets did. Our guy, Mario is better than theirs. Thats all. Its actually pretty simple.

And the Bills have never signed a washed up player? C'mon. Still doesnt make sense but o well.

peyton taking denver to the playoffs this year is about as sure a thing as you can get. theyve got that neck surgery down pat now and he should have no lingering effects from it whatsoever. i have no idea how many more years he has left but i know hes got at least one more at elite level production. i just hope they dont end up taking a wc spot away from us