Talking Heads

Fouts does color on games, I think..or does he only do college now?

I know I will get crucified for saying this, but Dan Dierdorf is really good doing Sunday afternoon games...he really toned his act down, post MNF, and is less of a hype master, and more of a football guy... he is really good at breaking down line play, during the games, and pointing out small things you might not notice, that are impacting a game. Of course, he has a face for radio, so doing color is perfect for him.

I think you're right, Fouts only does college. He always struck me as a bright guy, I thought he might be good. It seems like football lacks bright former players who are excellent commentators. Orel Hershiser, for instance, I could listen to for hours.

Since all you masochists are stepping in here and taking heat for assertions, I'll go...

Collinsworth. The observations he makes and points out about the strategies, subtleties of the game are beyond what I ever got from captain obvious madden or the coaching decision second guesser dierdorf.

He pointed out the two play in huddle kill call used by no. Quickly points out and identifies what about a one on one match up teams are exploiting, and really adds some valuable insight more than just cheer leading or second guessing a throw on 3rd and two after it fails.

Flame away...