Anyone Have Legitimate Criticisms of Romney?

We could probably argue this forever and never agree. Parts of the federal government serve no apparent purpose. What has the Departments of Energy and Education ever done to improve things?

We could and we should. I argue with you a lot but at this point I'll call this one discussion. At this point I'm limited though the girlfriend is watching trueblood and demands I pay some limited amount of attention that qualifies as "watching with her" so I'm on fly by status for the immediate future.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We could and we should. I argue with you a lot but at this point I'll call this one discussion. At this point I'm limited though the girlfriend is watching trueblood and demands I pay some limited amount of attention that qualifies as "watching with her" so I'm on fly by status for the immediate future.

Girlfriend? Doesn't she object to those nightly changes of pajamas caused by your Fantasy-in-Chief?

He's a republican, therefore he is evil incarnate. Thus sayeth the MSM.

Growing up in WNY, I remember it being very Republican. Is it still? How's that working out for you guys there? I hear not so good.

• He's very tall.
  • He's very thin.
  • He's very rich.
  • He has two advanced degrees from Harvard.
  • He's a self-made multimillionaire.
  • He speaks French fluently.
  • His wife is into dressage. (Love this criticism of Anne - like the Liberal shills would ever say a bad or catty thing about Jackie O. or Teresa Heinz Kerry.)
  • Back to Mitt:
  • He hob-knobs with money.
  • The hoi polloi can't identify with him like they can BO, because the hoi polloi have BO.
  • He was a governor of an uber liberal state - so the liberals naturally hate him for that.
  • He had the balls to run against Ted Kennedy. Are you !@#$ing kidding me? Ted !@#$ing Kennedy!!! NOBODY !@#$s with Ted.
  • He's been married to the same woman for about forty years.
  • He's got five sons and none of them have a criminal record.
  • He ran the Winter Olympics in the US and he failed to have the US team have the most Gold medals (10 to Norway's 13 and Germany's 12), and most overall (Second place with 34 to Germany's 36). So he's an obvious cheat, and fraud who sold out to international special interests.
  • He has better hair than President BO.
  • He's a Mormon, and nobody knows what THAT means.
  • He doesn't vacation on Martha's Vineyard.
  • He doesn't drink beer.
  • He's a Republican.
  • He's going to kick BO out of the White House.

Enough?

You forgot; he's not African-American. How big are the wheels on your 4x4? yeeeee haaaaw!!

Growing up in WNY, I remember it being very Republican. Is it still? How's that working out for you guys there? I hear not so good.

Your memory appears to be cloudy. Buffalo is heavily Democratic.

How'd that work out for them up there? I hear not so good

Really? Has it always been so? I honestly don't remember. I actually was a "young republican" at the time, but the years have mellowed my stance a bit. Now I work with at-risk urban youth, so I see and feel the socio effects of the distribution of wealth. Pardon me if I get a little worked up about these issues. No disrespect intended.

Up here in Wisconsin (I call it North Mississippi) our Rep. Governor is lying about fixing the state's budget woes and sharing money with his cronies. So, about the same as you guys apparently.

Really? Has it always been so? I honestly don't remember. I actually was a "young republican" at the time, but the years have mellowed my stance a bit. Now I work with at-risk urban youth, so I see and feel the socio effects of the distribution of wealth. Pardon me if I get a little worked up about these issues. No disrespect intended.

Up here in Wisconsin (I call it North Mississippi) our Rep. Governor is lying about fixing the state's budget woes and sharing money with his cronies. So, about the same as you guys apparently.

Politicians sharing money with their cronies :o That's never happened before. Quick, somebody call Obama. Only he can save us! <_<

And I just felt the socio effects of the distribution of wealth. Went to the gas station to pick up a beer and paid with cash. Guy in front of me was picking up some doritos and a bottle of pop and paid with an EBT card. I just bought his dinner :thumbdown:

Edited by /dev/null

Actually, we are doing pretty damn good right now.

Every elected official in Buffalo is a Democrat. Crazy! The rest of WNY is probably more Republican besides Niagara Falls.

You guys have a child daycare bullying epidemic?

Actually, we are doing pretty damn good right now.

Every elected official in Buffalo is a Democrat. Crazy! The rest of WNY is probably more Republican besides Niagara Falls.

No offense to you dude as either a Democrat or somebody from Buffalo. But seriously, things in Buffalo have been pretty crappy for decades. Then the Great Recession hit and things got pretty crappy across the country.

So now instead of seeing how far behind Buffalo has fallen, Buffalo sees how far the rest of the country has fallen and thinks maybe they're catching up.

People in Buffalo who think they're catching up to the rest of the country are like Charlie Sheen thinking he's WINNING!

It's like listening to a radio talk show, or HBO's Newsroom... Anytime someone professes to be a Republic, my scepto-meter goes on alert. You "were" a young republican, but now that a epublican governor is dismantling the last 60-100 years of liberal, pro-union, pro-big government policies, he's lying. OK . . . .

And were you in a coma while growing up in WNY? How does anyone think Buffalo and WNY were bastions of fiscal conservatism and small government? :blink: :blink: :blink:

No offense to you dude as either a Democrat or somebody from Buffalo. But seriously, things in Buffalo have been pretty crappy for decades. Then the Great Recession hit and things got pretty crappy across the country.

So now instead of seeing how far behind Buffalo has fallen, Buffalo sees how far the rest of the country has fallen and thinks maybe they're catching up.

People in Buffalo who think they're catching up to the rest of the country are like Charlie Sheen thinking he's WINNING!

No, Buffalo is an awesome place to be currently. It weathered the recession like you said. But, it's not just because the rest has been dragged down. It has nothing to do with political party either.

There are things to do here. Businesses being opened. Great college atmospheres with UB and Buff St. All of the Buffalo Public Schools have been remodeled. (Now they have to fix the system!)

Go to BuffaloRising.com to see all the great things going on here...