Drew and Saints reach deal

mead107

100 million

40 mil this year

i was really concerned drew's deal would only be for 20-25 this year and 80 million overall. phew! this poor bastard has suffered so much, being pushed out of san diego and all. has anyone suffered more? i'm just happy that this money will provide him the resources he needs to buy enough hats to keep that ever-encroaching bald spot safely hidden for years.

Edited by Dirtbag

I just don't understand how you field a team or sustain a franchise paying a quarter of your payroll to 1 of 53 guys...

Think about it. By cap definition average salary is approximately 2.3 mil.

I just don't understand how you field a team or sustain a franchise paying a quarter of your payroll to 1 of 53 guys...

Think about it. By cap definition average salary is approximately 2.3 mil.

By definition, New Orleans has nothing else. Nothing. Not one thing on that team. No coach, GM, anything. Sadly, this deal is great for him now but he could easily be cut in a year or two.

By definition, New Orleans has nothing else. Nothing. Not one thing on that team. No coach, GM, anything. Sadly, this deal is great for him now but he could easily be cut in a year or two.

This will be looked back on as the final nail in the coffin for them. Guy padded his stats last year big time so he could cash in. When he let it be known he would sit out the franchise tag i would have withdrawn their offer - already making him highest qb - right then and there. A team that's looking at a write off year sinking that much into an ego maniac malcontent is suicide

Unlikely. The dead space will be 7.5 mil per year early, on the signing bonus alone. If cut in 2 years, the dead space would be near 25m.

The only spot to cut is after three years. The backend is decently guaranteed if he makes it to camp year 4 and it would "only" be a 15m dead space. Can't even restructure really without blowing year 5 over 30m so it's likely he plays it out.