Big Brother Starts This Thursday

Rico

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't seen a single promo yet, and if not for the Glass House and the controversy surrounding the former BB staffers, I likely would have assumed it wasn't going to be on this year. So glad that it is, though, cause I've really looked forward to it every year since S2. Hopefully they chose a solid cast...can't wait!

I haven't seen a single promo yet, and if not for the Glass House and the controversy surrounding the former BB staffers, I likely would have assumed it wasn't going to be on this year. So glad that it is, though, cause I've really looked forward to it every year since S2. Hopefully they chose a solid cast...can't wait!

Did Glass House officially get cancelled? I was kinda looking forward to that one to see if it was a fresh spin on BB.

Oh, apparently there's already been three episodes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_%282012_TV_series%29

Did Glass House officially get cancelled? I was kinda looking forward to that one to see if it was a fresh spin on BB.

Oh, apparently there's already been three episodes....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Glass_House_%282012_TV_series%29

I've seen each episode...it's okay, but not nearly as good as BB. There are a couple of interesting participants that have kept it interesting, and things got stirred up with some social issues this week, so I'll probably keep watching. Some of the ideas are clever but I don't know how it will do in the ratings.

Kara YUM!

Russ-hole's brother get him out of here now! I wonder how many Immunity Idols production will plant for him, oh wrong show.

Couple of babes for sure...I like how they're doing the coaching thing...I think that will make things more interesting. Janelle looks as amazing as ever! I could do without Britney being a coach...she was one of the most annoying players ever. I would have rather seen them bring back one of the most unstable women from the show's past to make it interesting. Have three legit coaches and one coach of death :)

I'm so happy the show's back!!

I've been checking out BB after dark on Showtime 2 at night while I'm playing online, and I've come to the conclusion that the coaches twist is brilliant. It completely mixes up the game and keeps it moving, because even though the coaches aren't playing directly against the main houseguests, they share common interests. Further alliances are multi-layered, which also keeps things very interesting. I think this is a better way to go than to have them directly competing like they have done in the past on here and on Survivor. It sets the stage for someone having interests that may be in-line with his alliance, but in conflict with his coach and/or his "team". It also threatens their sovereignty to a degree because the coaches have their own goals and will attempt to maneuver the players as pawns in a chess game, which may or may not be fruitful. Whoever thought of this should get a raise...it really adds some depth to the game in terms of the strategy and psychology.

Also, JoJo is a babe.

*****SPOILER*****

Is anyone watching?

Apparently Willie got booted today for behavior...what a d-bag.

Edited by ajzepp

Is anyone watching?

Apparently Willie got booted today for behavior...what a d-bag.

Good riddance... just like Russell when he doesn't get his way. They should bring Kara back, I didn't know she was Playmate Of The Year.. I thought that kid Ian was annoying, but Joe the cook is the one who really needs to go next, he reminds me of Adam from last year. :thumbdown:

What?? Dude? Spoiler alert? I thought Thursday night was the most recent.

It's in the news, so I figured it wasn't really spoiler worthy...my bad bro. It wasn't through game play that he was evicted...he was threatening people in the house and they kicked him.

Good riddance... just like Russell when he doesn't get his way. They should bring Kara back, I didn't know she was Playmate Of The Year.. I thought that kid Ian was annoying, but Joe the cook is the one who really needs to go next, he reminds me of Adam from last year. :thumbdown:

Really? You'd rather have a really boring person that is likable in the house over someone you hate but keeps things stirred up? I thought Kara was a sweetheart and very hot, but DANG she was boring.

Really? You'd rather have a really boring person that is likable in the house over someone you hate but keeps things stirred up? I thought Kara was a sweetheart and very hot, but DANG she was boring.

She was very boring indeed, but I could've used more bikini scenes, at least for a couple more weeks. I'm just tired of all things Hantz... Thursday night's show was pretty damn good though!

She was very boring indeed, but I could've used more bikini scenes, at least for a couple more weeks. I'm just tired of all things Hantz... Thursday night's show was pretty damn good though!

I see your point...I think I'll feel that way more once they put the damn show in HD...I can't BELIEVE it's still SD...just inexcusable! Especially since Glass House is in HD, you'd think they want to finally get into the 21st century.

I see your point...I think I'll feel that way more once they put the damn show in HD...I can't BELIEVE it's still SD...just inexcusable! Especially since Glass House is in HD, you'd think they want to finally get into the 21st century.

+100000000

• 2 weeks later...

Still watching, but this season is pretty meh so far. I don't have anything close to a favorite player.

Unfortunately the ratings are "meh", too...they need to get this train moving or else a long time summer favorite will come to an end.

I think I'm starting to get on the Ian bandwagon...he's one weird dude and he keeps it interesting. One of the main problems this season is that there isn't anyone for me to hate. I don't really feel much concern over who stays and who goes at this point. I thought the coaches thing gave the game more layers, so to speak, so it'll be interesting to see how things develop now that they have entered the game as players. Pretty smart to have that be an "Americas Choice" vote since they could be about 99% sure which way the vote would go. Keeps some of the heat off the producers' backs in case it ends up not being a good move.

I have to say that the HOH comp rolled over into the BB after Dark show thursday night, and the winner REALLY impressed me...I really like when that happens, cause you get to see some of the deals that get made when it's down to just a couple or a few players left in the end. I remember a competition during Dan's first season where they were sitting on these small platforms connected to a swinging rope, and they were repeatedly thrust into a huge tarp covered wall...last one to hang on was the HOH. It was toward the end of that season and the stakes were pretty high...it lasted well into BBAD and it was fun seeing how it all went down. BB had to tend to them medically afterwards, preventing them from taking a warm shower since that could have thrown them into shock. They were soaked for hours and ended up hypothermic from the competition. Pretty intense stuff.

Unfortunately the ratings are "meh", too...they need to get this train moving or else a long time summer favorite will come to an end.

I think I'm starting to get on the Ian bandwagon...he's one weird dude and he keeps it interesting. One of the main problems this season is that there isn't anyone for me to hate. I don't really feel much concern over who stays and who goes at this point. I thought the coaches thing gave the game more layers, so to speak, so it'll be interesting to see how things develop now that they have entered the game as players. Pretty smart to have that be an "Americas Choice" vote since they could be about 99% sure which way the vote would go. Keeps some of the heat off the producers' backs in case it ends up not being a good move.

I have to say that the HOH comp rolled over into the BB after Dark show thursday night, and the winner REALLY impressed me...I really like when that happens, cause you get to see some of the deals that get made when it's down to just a couple or a few players left in the end. I remember a competition during Dan's first season where they were sitting on these small platforms connected to a swinging rope, and they were repeatedly thrust into a huge tarp covered wall...last one to hang on was the HOH. It was toward the end of that season and the stakes were pretty high...it lasted well into BBAD and it was fun seeing how it all went down. BB had to tend to them medically afterwards, preventing them from taking a warm shower since that could have thrown them into shock. They were soaked for hours and ended up hypothermic from the competition. Pretty intense stuff.

Hard to get any kind of ratings going up against the Olympics though. I'm sure it'll be back next year. I don't hate anyone but I really don't like Joe and I don't care much for Janelle at all. Britney is annoying but I like looking at her. If I am going to cheer for anyone, it would be Frank seeing as he is Sycho Sid's kid.

Hard to get any kind of ratings going up against the Olympics though. I'm sure it'll be back next year. I don't hate anyone but I really don't like Joe and I don't care much for Janelle at all. Britney is annoying but I like looking at her. If I am going to cheer for anyone, it would be Frank seeing as he is Sycho Sid's kid.

I was glad they did a piece on Sid the other night...cool to see him in that environment. He ranks up there with the Ultimate Warrior as the two most physically intimidating people I've ever seen in real life.

Agreed about britt...she's annoying, but pretty hot at the same time. Janelle had a hilarious nip slip on the BBAD show the other night...I was lmao.

I was glad they did a piece on Sid the other night...cool to see him in that environment. He ranks up there with the Ultimate Warrior as the two most physically intimidating people I've ever seen in real life.

Agreed about britt...she's annoying, but pretty hot at the same time. Janelle had a hilarious nip slip on the BBAD show the other night...I was lmao.

Thanks, I just looked it up on 1 of the BB nudity sites lol. Too bad that wasn't Brittney, her nip slip didn't show nearly as much.

Thanks, I just looked it up on 1 of the BB nudity sites lol. Too bad that wasn't Brittney, her nip slip didn't show nearly as much.

LOL I agree...janelle was already in playboy and for some reason she seems to look better with clothes on...Brit seems to have quite the bod and I'm pretty sure she's alll natural.