Interesting tidbit re: NFL Network's Top 100 list

NONE have ever even played in a Super Bowl, let alone won one.

MJD

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

Frank Gore

Matt Forte

Stephen Jackson

Darren McFadden

Fred Jackson

Darren Sproles

Michael Turner

Marshawn Lynch

Willis McGahee

Chris Johnson

NONE have ever even played in a Super Bowl, let alone won one.

MJD

Ray Rice

Arian Foster

Frank Gore

Matt Forte

Stephen Jackson

Darren McFadden

Fred Jackson

Darren Sproles

Michael Turner

Marshawn Lynch

Willis McGahee

Chris Johnson

Haven't seen the show...but I am assuming this is supposed to be active players? How many great running backs have been on a Super Bowl winning team, in the last 10 years or so? Haven't thought about it with any research, but I would bet it is not many. So that list doesn't look all that off to me. It's a passing game, baby!

Haven't seen the show...but I am assuming this is supposed to be active players? How many great running backs have been on a Super Bowl winning team, in the last 10 years or so? Haven't thought about it with any research, but I would bet it is not many. So that list doesn't look all that off to me. It's a passing game, baby!

That's kinda the point. Adrian Peterson will be added to the list and it'll still be a true statement.

Makes one wonder why spend a first round pick on a "feature back". I've been somewhat disinclined to buy into the whole "running backs are a dime a dozen" thing but even back in history some of the best never made a Super Bowl. OJ, Earl Campbell to name a couple. Denver was always able to effectively plug in someone new because they had a real good OLine.

"Niners ran the ball 28 times on third downs with five or more yards to go; the only teams who did so more frequently had injured quarterbacks (Houston, Kansas City) or sainted ones (Denver)"

:lol:

And the QB to complete the most passes on 3rd down with five or less yards to go and not get a first down was Trent Edwards.

Edited by The Wiz