Fitz's accuracy

With Fitz's working on his mechanics wouldn't it increase his accuracy. I dont play football, but if he was not throwing the ball correctly then wouldn't he be more be consistent on his throws if he learned the right way. Look at his deep balls all season long last year. They were very inconsistent. With him learning how to throw the ball correctly and him hopefully practicing vigorously at it then wouldn't his accuracy improve.

The only thing I can compare this to is golf. After years of learning how to correctly hit a golf ball I finally was able to consistently hit the ball. Once I was consistent my accuracy sky rocketed because I was able to hit the ball the same exact distance every single time and straight.

Maybe Fitzpatrick last year had a hard time throwing the deep ball because his throws were inconsistent. I heard that he sometimes did not plant his feet. If this is true maybe accuracy can be learned because his throwing motion will be the same for every throw. If I am right then maybe he will be able to cut down on his ints and become what he needs to be for this team to be successful.

1340669720[/url]' post='2492856']

With Fitz's working on his mechanics wouldn't it increase his accuracy. I dont play football, but if he was not throwing the ball correctly then wouldn't he be more be consistent on his throws if he learned the right way. Look at his deep balls all season long last year. They were very inconsistent. With him learning how to throw the ball correctly and him hopefully practicing vigorously at it then wouldn't his accuracy improve.

The only thing I can compare this to is golf. After years of learning how to correctly hit a golf ball I finally was able to consistently hit the ball. Once I was consistent my accuracy sky rocketed because I was able to hit the ball the same exact distance every single time and straight.

Maybe Fitzpatrick last year had a hard time throwing the deep ball because his throws were inconsistent. I heard that he sometimes did not plant his feet. If this is true maybe accuracy can be learned because his throwing motion will be the same for every throw. If I am right then maybe he will be able to cut down on his ints and become what he needs to be for this team to be successful.

Hooray for a new fitz accuracy thread.

Yes, it should improve his accuracy.

Yeah and it's not just the deep balls, I think the intermediate stuff is being worked on as well. A lot of the picks i remember he threw last year were in the 10-20yd range, and he got into that habit of dropping his front shoulder when he was throwing and he was low quite a bit.

It's really hard to change muscle memory for something you've done tens of thousands of times though. The idea is that he can do enough reps with proper form in 6 months time so that he doesn't have to think about it in the games. I think he'll improve his mechanics when he's getting good pass protection, and regress when he's getting pressured and trying to make a play.

He only needs 5 or 6 passer rating points to get into the 90's, and that's plenty good for playoff ball if the running game is solid and the defense productive.

Personally I love the way back foot throws look (ala Fitz, Cutler, Elway etc) when they're on the money, it's just that it's a less accurate way to get it done and should only be a last resort approach. Like the ludicrous speed lever.....

Would it have changed anything if the title read "Fitz's consistency" or did you actually read my post?

Was hail, Stein! Nothing intrinsically unreasonable about your post, it slipped and fell into a Sar Chasm 'cuz there have been about a dozen threads since OTAs about Lee, Fitz, mechanics, accuracy, consistency in various flavors. Yours was just the Strawberry Cream Cheese Moose Pie post at the bottom of the list of flavors.

Drinc hail!

Edited by Hopeful

Lol. I couldn't help but die laughing at ur replies. I stopped reading the op after he said something about mechanics and accuracy being linked

If you finished what I said, you would have known that mechanics is related to consistency and that consistency helps accuracy.

Sorry i did not read the 100s of posts about this topic. I didn't remember reading about this from the posts i did read so if you dont like it dont respond. If it is to hard for you I will happily spam your threads.

If you finished what I said, you would have known that mechanics is related to consistency and that consistency helps accuracy.

Sorry i did not read the 100s of posts about this topic. I didn't remember reading about this from the posts i did read so if you dont like it dont respond. If it is to hard for you I will happily spam your threads.

Yeah! I get that mechanics is related to consistancy and consistancy helps accuracy. There's not 100s of posts but there are quite a few. Last I checked it's a public forum and if I want to respond I can however or as much as I want. I'm sure others read this thread and wanted to post the same thing as me only didn't because they have more manners. Truth is I don't. I don't really care and prolly never will. If you dint like my replies or posts you can always block me. I won't block you though. It takes a really special person for me to block them and you just aren't that special. At least not yet. Thanks for the laugh tho. Have a great night.

Yeah and it's not just the deep balls, I think the intermediate stuff is being worked on as well. A lot of the picks i remember he threw last year were in the 10-20yd range, and he got into that habit of dropping his front shoulder when he was throwing and he was low quite a bit.

It's really hard to change muscle memory for something you've done tens of thousands of times though. The idea is that he can do enough reps with proper form in 6 months time so that he doesn't have to think about it in the games. I think he'll improve his mechanics when he's getting good pass protection, and regress when he's getting pressured and trying to make a play.

He only needs 5 or 6 passer rating points to get into the 90's, and that's plenty good for playoff ball if the running game is solid and the defense productive.

Personally I love the way back foot throws look (ala Fitz, Cutler, Elway etc) when they're on the money, it's just that it's a less accurate way to get it done and should only be a last resort approach. Like the ludicrous speed lever.....

I like the point that you made when you said that Fitz needs to get to a point where he does not think when he throws. I know its only preseason, but if he does really bad people will be calling for his head. Same thing happened with bell last year. To bad he got hurt midseason.

Yeah! I get that mechanics is related to consistancy and consistancy helps accuracy. There's not 100s of posts but there are quite a few. Last I checked it's a public forum and if I want to respond I can however or as much as I want. I'm sure others read this thread and wanted to post the same thing as me only didn't because they have more manners. Truth is I don't. I don't really care and prolly never will. If you dint like my replies or posts you can always block me. I won't block you though. It takes a really special person for me to block them and you just aren't that special. At least not yet. Thanks for the laugh tho. Have a great night.

I never said that you could not post on my thread or at least I did not mean it that way. All I wanted which you obviously lack because you are some internet tough guy was some manners. Its not very hard concept. If you don't like my thread leave it alone. Everyone else so far was able to do it why cant you? Im not going to block you. I Really dont see the point because I look forward to your future posts.

You can do you what every you want, but just remember that you are solely responsible for your actions.

Edited by b stein 22

1340686084[/url]' post='2493032']

I never said that you could not post on my thread or at least I did not mean it that way. All I wanted which you obviously lack because you are some internet tough guy was some manners. Its not very hard concept. If you don't like my thread leave it alone. Everyone else so far was able to do it why cant you? Im not going to block you. I Really dont see the point because I look forward to your future posts.

You can do you what every you want, but just remember that you are solely responsible for your actions.

I wasn't able to do it either. Sorry you didn't read the other threads and posts about this subject. You would've found your answers.

My sense is the biggest factors which will influence Fitzy performance are:

1. A far better DL, a potentially rejuvenated Merriman, a prettt deeo secondary and the hope that a bunch of acquired ST talented LBs will develop into solid back-up LBs at least gives Fitzy reasonable hope he will get the ball with good field position and/or this rejuvenated D wo;; bail out the Bills when we turn it over. I think by far this should have the greatest impact on his performance.

2. It is pretty clear the Bills drafted with ST firmly in mind as the picked up a number of players in the draft whose primary contributions to their college teams was on ST. Many of the mutant projects they drafted were generally not position players who might develop but ST animals. One of the biggest flyers they took was spending a last day draft pick on a strong legged player who if he sticks will be solely as a kickoff guy aspiring for 75%+ tounchbacks. If DeHaven makes this stuff work look for Fitzy to be given the benefit of winning the field position battle every game and though I think that this ST effort is likely to produce until late in the season I think this is the second most likely thing to improve his performance.

3. WR is pretty much a wildcard right now as our #1 is very good but needs to mature, and oue #2 is up in the air. Whether Fitzy improves his mechanics is far less likely to determing his performance than whether we have consistent threats and performance from the WRs.

Fitzy is what he is right now, an incredibly smart and more athletically gifted QB than one would think for a Harvard boy.

However, anyone who thinks that after spending a high school, college, and early pro career throwing a certain esy (and in particular using this style to incredible success that he is going simply because of good tutalege change to a new style or new mechanics you have not been paying attention when you watch the game.

Fitay likely is a smart enough player to actually absorb change in his mechanics, but change will last until the first head slap to his noggin and he will go back to the default which got him this far.

These D ans ST items are by far the most likely things to improve his performance and as far as his O teammates, Jackson and Spiller being successful runners who draw defenders attention away from his pass threat and the OL remaining consistent and most of all his WRs standing up are the most likely things to determine his performance and fate as a starter.

I wasn't able to do it either. Sorry you didn't read the other threads and posts about this subject. You would've found your answers.

This-----^

he acted like I was responding to HIS post. When in actuality I was only responding to your reply.

I've been put on notice as an Internet tough guy apparently and I now must make sure that any future topics I start have real meaning because he's going to really let me have it.

Cmon dude. If you get this upset over what I posted then maybe this isn't the site for you.

Your post was actually valuable. It told me that my post was useless. His post was unneeded.

This-----^

he acted like I was responding to HIS post. When in actuality I was only responding to your reply.

I've been put on notice as an Internet tough guy apparently and I now must make sure that any future topics I start have real meaning because he's going to really let me have it.

Cmon dude. If you get this upset over what I posted then maybe this isn't the site for you.

and reading the post today I did over react. Well it was fun while it lasted and hopefully no hurt feelings.

Your post was actually valuable. It told me that my post was useless. His post was unneeded.

and reading the post today I did over react. Well it was fun while it lasted and hopefully no hurt feelings.

No feelings Hurt on my end Bills Bro. At the end of the day were all fans and that's what's important. We all have bad days sometimes and I've had the worst week I've had in probably 2+ years so maybe I was just being an @$$hole. Anyway, enjoy your week.

Was hail, Stein! Nothing intrinsically unreasonable about your post, it slipped and fell into a Sar Chasm 'cuz there have been about a dozen threads since OTAs about Lee, Fitz, mechanics, accuracy, consistency in various flavors. Yours was just the Strawberry Cream Cheese Moose Pie post at the bottom of the list of flavors.

Drinc hail!

Lets call it the Chasm of Sar !