Pittsburgh Steeler Fans..... Unreal....

OC...I have come to enjoy your posts...but man, you are delusional sometimes! I guess that helps when you are a Bills fan. :thumbsup:

For me, I have never lived in Pittsburgh, but I have known many Steelers fans over the years. I think they are, in general a pretty solid lot. No problems with them whatsoever. Nearly every sports bar in town has a very large contingent of Steelers fans on board every Sunday. They are loyal.

btw- as for point #1- I hate to say it, but I have heard the same thing amongst Bills fans. Part of me was so wanting the Bills to get Cam Newton...not that I was so sure he would be a great NFL player, but just to carpet bomb the idiots in "Bills-nation"

Actually he's pretty much spot on with regards to the Steeler fans. I've lived most of my life in WNY but I spent 11 years living in Pittsburgh (have since moved to NC) and while I admire the die hard enthusiasm for their team they can be the most arrogant and nasty SOBs (some are still very racist in those parts, too) when compared to any team. Yes, there are a lot of cool Steeler fans, many of my friends from up there are in that category, but I would highly advise against attending a game at Heinz field following my last visit there, where a group of 20 guys were taunting and pushing a fellow Bills fan who was just trying to get into the game, where I was sucker punched and someone spat in my friend's face following our loss. I have actual examples if you need specifics of their doucheness.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<---Hot steelers fan

Also, I remember at the Bills Steelers game in Buffalo last game of the season where Willie Parker and the rest of their backups beat Bledsoe to keep us out of the playoffs. There were 2 Steelers fan chicks behind us, one cute, one chunky. We tried to get the cute one to flash us, they both did and the chunky one had long curly hairs around her nipples. I don't know how I didn't throw up all over her. Me and my buddy have been scarred to this day, and that's all I can think of when someone says "Steelers fan".

On the plus side, it distracted me from one of the most disappointing games I have ever attended.

Edited by Turbosrrgood

It's funny...of course the Steelers have a lot of "band wagon fans"...because they have had a great history, for the most part. So many here get excited when an ESPN talking head says they think the Bills will contend for a playoff spot, 3 months before the season starts. Honestly, having a lot of "bandwagon fans" (think Packers, as much as you think Patriots or Cowboys) is kind of what most franchises aspire to.

As for "Steeler fans", I don't think you can paint all of them the same with one brush stroke. I have been to about 2/3 of the stadiums in the NFL for games, and I have to say, if I were to simply judge a franchise by the way their fans act at a game (or a sports bar), Bills fans would rank among the lower end, for being "classy", if we are just judging things on how a handful of fans act. I have seen some pretty bad behavior at the Ralph/Rich stadium.

Doesn't mean I don't love going to games at the Ralph...no place better. Honeslty, as an adult male who doesn't scare easily, I would much rather attend a game in a raucus atmosphere, even if there is a little danger element involved, than a placid stadium. I would never expect to go to a visiting teams turf where all the fans, each and every one, is classy, and tells me how great my Bills are. It wouldn't happen at the Ralph, in regards to fans of other, why would I expect it at Heinz field, or any other stadium and expect anything more?

Making fun of Pittsburgh fans is, in my opinion, pretty ridiculous in itself. There are plenty of bandwagon fans out there; Pittsburgh is as solid a fan base as you will find. But maybe that's just me.

Could not agree more, making fun of their history when your a Bills fan is even more ridiculous. So what, we beat them during our Super Bowl runs, I am sure there really distraught about that as they admire their league leading 6 Lombardi Trophys. There fans are obnoxious & arrogant for the most part. I guess that comes with the territory when you have won more Super Bowls then any other team in the league.

Actually he's pretty much spot on with regards to the Steeler fans. I've lived most of my life in WNY but I spent 11 years living in Pittsburgh (have since moved to NC) and while I admire the die hard enthusiasm for their team they can be the most arrogant and nasty SOBs (some are still very racist in those parts, too) when compared to any team. Yes, there are a lot of cool Steeler fans, many of my friends from up there are in that category, but I would highly advise against attending a game at Heinz field following my last visit there, where a group of 20 guys were taunting and pushing a fellow Bills fan who was just trying to get into the game, where I was sucker punched and someone spat in my friend's face following our loss. I have actual examples if you need specifics of their doucheness.

When it comes to racism in rust belt cities, my experience is Buffalo leads the pack!

When it comes to racism in rust belt cities, my experience is Buffalo leads the pack!

Have you lived in Pittsburgh? I have lived in both for more than 2 years each.

There's no comparison. Pittsburgh is far and away more racist than Buffalo.

I can prove this if necessary.

OC...I have come to enjoy your posts...but man, you are delusional sometimes! I guess that helps when you are a Bills fan. :thumbsup:

For me, I have never lived in Pittsburgh, but I have known many Steelers fans over the years. I think they are, in general a pretty solid lot. No problems with them whatsoever. Nearly every sports bar in town has a very large contingent of Steelers fans on board every Sunday. They are loyal.

btw- as for point #1- I hate to say it, but I have heard the same thing amongst Bills fans. Part of me was so wanting the Bills to get Cam Newton...not that I was so sure he would be a great NFL player, but just to carpet bomb the idiots in "Bills-nation"

:thumbsup:

Have you lived in Pittsburgh? I have lived in both for more than 2 years each.

There's no comparison. Pittsburgh is far and away more racist than Buffalo.

I can prove this if necessary.

:doh:

Now that would be something.