IS MICH ST A LEGIT NATIONAL CONTENDER?

this d for michigan state looks crazy good.

rush, gholston, white, hoover... that might be the best dline in the bcs... and they go 2 deep, their backups of heath, calhoun, reynolds, and kittredge as really good.

i think they have the best lbs in the country, norman, allen and bullough will all play in the nfl, and lawrence thomas is a 6-4 280lbs freak lb from detroit...

their secondary in lewis, dennard, and adams are scrappy and solid.

i think their o will pound it and not make mistakes and i think their d will be close to alabama last year. jmo...

its very possible they go undefeated... :worthy:

this d for michigan state looks crazy good.

rush, gholston, white, hoover... that might be the best dline in the bcs... and they go 2 deep, their backups of heath, calhoun, reynolds, and kittredge as really good.

i think they have the best lbs in the country, norman, allen and bullough will all play in the nfl, and lawrence thomas is a 6-4 280lbs freak lb from detroit...

their secondary in lewis, dennard, and adams are scrappy and solid.

i think their o will pound it and not make mistakes and i think their d will be close to alabama last year. jmo...

its very possible they go undefeated... :worthy:

I suppose anything is possible. Like you have stated their defense should be unreal. There offense is going to take some time to develope though. They are only returning 4 starters & starting a QB that is pretty talented in JR Andrew Maxwell but he is unproven at this time. Looking at their schedule they have a tricky opener at home against Boise State. I know Boise has lost alot especially on the offensive side of the ball but they are still talented & still dangerous especially given the fact that Peterson has a whole offseason to game plan for this one & this is going to be a tough game. The good news is if they come out of this game looking good & get the W that should catapoult them right into the National Title discussion. Looking down the line they have Notre dame & Ohio State at home. I like their chances in both of those but later in the season they got to play at the Big House, @ Camp Randle & then come home to play a tough Nebraska team to end a brutal 3 game stretch. I doubt they make it thru that without a loss. I also doubt they play for the NC if they do not go undefeated. It seems like only SEC teams are allowed to lose a game/games & play for the NC.

They should have a good squad. How is their QB situation going to be with the loss of cousins?

I don't see them going undefeated. Boise, ND, Ohio St, and then the 3 game stretch of Michigan, Wisconsin, and Nebraska? Looking at those games individually, yes they can win each one. Looking at those games collectively, i don't see them winning all of them. However, if they can go 12-1 with a b1g 10 championship and that schedule, i'd put them in the title game (barring 2 undefeated teams)

The good thing about this season is that after last year's debacle, no matter how good the teams are, the SEC is getting a MAX of 1 team in the title game.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mr. B

NC talk for Sparty??? I dunno.... Big Blue looks poised to to run the table. -Thats IF they can beat Alabama in the first game of their season. Michgan has 13 starters coming back, so it's entirely possible. I see the Wolverines strugging against Illinois, Iowa, and Ohio State. If they can pull two of those three games out, plus defeat reigning NC's Alabama, then that crystal pigskin is theirs.

• 1 month later...

yeah

maxwell should be really good at qb, and they have 7 wrs that are young but can play... and a massive te dion sims 6-6 285

4 starters back on the oline

3 rbs back...

the d could be historic...

gholston/rush/calhoun/thomas at de.... that might be the best in the ncaa

and at dt, reynolds is 6-6 330lbs- he replaces worthy

white, kettridge- a transfer for georgia, knox and hoover... they have 5 starters at dt... its the best dline in the country...

best lbs

and a top 15 secondary with 3 starters coming back...

probably the best spartan team since the 87 rose bowl team

• 2 weeks later...

Is Mich St a legit national contender? Depends on what they are contending for. BCS? No.

its very possible they go undefeated... This question just got answered - no.

i think their d will be close to alabama last year. jmo... Three weeks in, and this looks like - no.

• 1 month later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.