Dogg Jr to UCLA!

Buftex

I understand the philosophy of offering these two (Broadus and Combs) scholarships based on athletic merit. However, couldn't that money, given to two individuals whose family can afford double their tuition, be spent better elsewhere? I guess they need to attract the talent somehow and if they are legitimate talents, as I have understood from previous articles on each, then so be it.

Must be tough to pass drug tests when dad passes down his blood type, THC.

I understand the philosophy of offering these two (Broadus and Combs) scholarships based on athletic merit. However, couldn't that money, given to two individuals whose family can afford double their tuition, be spent better elsewhere? I guess they need to attract the talent somehow and if they are legitimate talents, as I have understood from previous articles on each, then so be it.

:P

i imagine the offer was more for show, and the right to claim they are scholarship D1 athletes. odds are the money will come back 50 fold over time.

i imagine the offer was more for show, and the right to claim they are scholarship D1 athletes. Odds are the money will come back 50 fold over time.

Give one scholarship then hopefully get a series of generous gifts that will pay for many more.

PTR