An optimistic view of our chances game by game in '12

Hplarrm

These predictions are probably worth less than the photons they are printed on as injuries starting in week one will likely change the outlook. However, at this point in the season the Bills are simply undefested so optimism seems appropriate

@ NY Jets 1:00 - Normally I would log this one as a likely loss since we are on the road. However, the story of this game is likely to be how Sanchez/Tebow get a long and how the Jets braintrust deals with it and the team ends up feeling about. It may work but I do not think it bodes well. The Bills will simply need to pressure the Jets O as quickly and as much as the can. If Sanches makes a mistake under duress from Mario and his brothers it is only gonna take .5 milliseconds for palpable pressure to bring in Tebow begins and the ride starts. I really like the Bills stealing one here!

Sept. 16 Kansas City 1:00 - The one factor which I think often plays a significant role in each game is who is at home. Ironically, by setting up an immediate irritant of a road trip against the Jets in the first game it may well be the case the first jets home game is a bigger problem for them as the media figures out how it is going to tell the Tebow/Sanchez story. The Bills however get a real home game advantage against KC and this should be quite winnable for the Bills to end up 2-0 as the season begins

Sept. 23 @ Cleveland 1:00 - Will be a tough game as it will be a road trip for the Bills, but it is a short one with the team practicing at the Ralph until the last minute and actually only going on the road on Saturday after practice if they want and simply sleeping in Cleveland the night before. The Brown also are rebuilding so this game is certainly winnable though we will see. Call us 1-2 even though I am optimistic one should be realistic gettin a W in merely one of the first two roadgames would be a big get!

Sept. 30 New England 1:00 - In many ways the course of the season will be set in this game. The Bills have already beaten a heavily favored NE team at home last year and my guess is that the Bills will be seen as a much more even threat for the Pats and may even be favored at home this year. If we win and are 3-1 we will end up holding our destiny in our own hands, if we lose next year will be a struggle all season. I see us at 3-1 at this point.

Oct. 7 @ San Francisco 4:15 - Difficult game against a team which was good last year and the first cross county trip for this team. It should be competitive but I fear a loss giving us 3-2 at this point.

Oct. 14 @ Arizona 4:05 - another long trip but this is now something the Bills have experienced and I hope for a win here that will reinforce a positive tone for the season. 4-2.

Oct. 21 Tennessee 1:00 Back home and with a chance to really establish something and enjoy the bye week leading to a W and 5-2

Oct. 28 Bye

Nov. 4 @ Houston 1:00 a real test on the road but Gailey has a chance to prepare and install giving this team a chance to either make the rest of the season positive or a struggle. I think ironically Houston also may be have a bye to prepare and Gailey needs to be really up to his game or the season merely will be a life death struggle. The optimist looks for us to really steal one we should not. 6-2

Nov. 11 @ New England 1:00 Nice but I do not see it 6-3

Nov. 15 Miami 8:20 Squish the fish in this "home" game.

Nov. 25 @ Indianapolis 1:00 I hope they are as bad this season as they were last. The odds say they will be. Even if Luck is even better than hoped Peyton Manning himself raised Indy from the 3-13 record that got him picked to a record of 3-13 which allowed them to pick Edggerin James. I make a rediculous prediction of us being 8-3 at this point.

Dec. 2 Jacksonville 1:00 Back home against a marginal team makes us likey to end the playoff drought even if we stumble in as we should be 9-3

Dec. 9 St. Louis 1:00 Home win gives us double figures for the first time in a long time

Dec. 16 Seattle* 4:05 - Long road trip brings a stumble 10-4

Dec. 23 @ Miami 1:00 - Even though road squish the fish and spit on the corpse 11-4

Dec. 30 NY Jets 1:00 - Finish at home beating Sanchez to death with Walking Dead Tebow for an amazing 12-4. season and substantial home field advantage in playoffs

Even figuring that my wishful think is wrong I still see us making the playoffs at 11-5 or 10-6 at worse.

The best thing I like about us is the depth of the rotation on DL, at RB and also at QB (I thibk both Fitzy and VY are pretty flawed but Gailey specializes at winning with flawed QBs so probably Fitzy being streaky or VY doing a kordell imitation are both fine with me.

2 errors I see. One, Miami on Thursday night is a home game, not a "home" game. Seattle is not a long road trip, Toronto is only 90 mins away

These predictions are probably worth less than the photons they are printed on as injuries starting in week one will likely change the outlook. However, at this point in the season the Bills are simply undefested so optimism seems appropriate

@ NY Jets 1:00 - Normally I would log this one as a likely loss since we are on the road. However, the story of this game is likely to be how Sanchez/Tebow get a long and how the Jets braintrust deals with it and the team ends up feeling about. It may work but I do not think it bodes well. The Bills will simply need to pressure the Jets O as quickly and as much as the can. If Sanches makes a mistake under duress from Mario and his brothers it is only gonna take .5 milliseconds for palpable pressure to bring in Tebow begins and the ride starts. I really like the Bills stealing one here!

Sept. 16 Kansas City 1:00 - The one factor which I think often plays a significant role in each game is who is at home. Ironically, by setting up an immediate irritant of a road trip against the Jets in the first game it may well be the case the first jets home game is a bigger problem for them as the media figures out how it is going to tell the Tebow/Sanchez story. The Bills however get a real home game advantage against KC and this should be quite winnable for the Bills to end up 2-0 as the season begins

Sept. 23 @ Cleveland 1:00 - Will be a tough game as it will be a road trip for the Bills, but it is a short one with the team practicing at the Ralph until the last minute and actually only going on the road on Saturday after practice if they want and simply sleeping in Cleveland the night before. The Brown also are rebuilding so this game is certainly winnable though we will see. Call us 1-2 even though I am optimistic one should be realistic gettin a W in merely one of the first two roadgames would be a big get!

Sept. 30 New England 1:00 - In many ways the course of the season will be set in this game. The Bills have already beaten a heavily favored NE team at home last year and my guess is that the Bills will be seen as a much more even threat for the Pats and may even be favored at home this year. If we win and are 3-1 we will end up holding our destiny in our own hands, if we lose next year will be a struggle all season. I see us at 3-1 at this point.

Oct. 7 @ San Francisco 4:15 - Difficult game against a team which was good last year and the first cross county trip for this team. It should be competitive but I fear a loss giving us 3-2 at this point.

Oct. 14 @ Arizona 4:05 - another long trip but this is now something the Bills have experienced and I hope for a win here that will reinforce a positive tone for the season. 4-2.

Oct. 21 Tennessee 1:00 Back home and with a chance to really establish something and enjoy the bye week leading to a W and 5-2

Oct. 28 Bye

Nov. 4 @ Houston 1:00 a real test on the road but Gailey has a chance to prepare and install giving this team a chance to either make the rest of the season positive or a struggle. I think ironically Houston also may be have a bye to prepare and Gailey needs to be really up to his game or the season merely will be a life death struggle. The optimist looks for us to really steal one we should not. 6-2

Nov. 11 @ New England 1:00 Nice but I do not see it 6-3

Nov. 15 Miami 8:20 Squish the fish in this "home" game.

Nov. 25 @ Indianapolis 1:00 I hope they are as bad this season as they were last. The odds say they will be. Even if Luck is even better than hoped Peyton Manning himself raised Indy from the 3-13 record that got him picked to a record of 3-13 which allowed them to pick Edggerin James. I make a rediculous prediction of us being 8-3 at this point.

Dec. 2 Jacksonville 1:00 Back home against a marginal team makes us likey to end the playoff drought even if we stumble in as we should be 9-3

Dec. 9 St. Louis 1:00 Home win gives us double figures for the first time in a long time

Dec. 16 Seattle* 4:05 - Long road trip brings a stumble 10-4

Dec. 23 @ Miami 1:00 - Even though road squish the fish and spit on the corpse 11-4

Dec. 30 NY Jets 1:00 - Finish at home beating Sanchez to death with Walking Dead Tebow for an amazing 12-4. season and substantial home field advantage in playoffs

Even figuring that my wishful think is wrong I still see us making the playoffs at 11-5 or 10-6 at worse.

The best thing I like about us is the depth of the rotation on DL, at RB and also at QB (I thibk both Fitzy and VY are pretty flawed but Gailey specializes at winning with flawed QBs so probably Fitzy being streaky or VY doing a kordell imitation are both fine with me.

The KEY to the Bills 2012 Season is Fitz. Mario Williams Can't score TDs. If Fitz plays the same or better than last season, we have a chance at a winning season, with a better defense backing him up. If he relapses or becomes inconsistent, Nothing goods gonna happen here...

The KEY to the Bills 2012 Season is Fitz. Mario Williams Can't score TDs. If Fitz plays the same or better than last season, we have a chance at a winning season, with a better defense backing him up. If he relapses or becomes inconsistent, Nothing goods gonna happen here...

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Fitz will start out decent but opposing defensive coordinators will have an easy job planning against him quick!

Wake up, my fellow Bills fans!!

:bag:

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Fitz will start out decent but opposing defensive coordinators will have an easy job planning against him quick!

You should be ashamed of yourself. That is all.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Yep. Honestly I'm scared. We have no WR Deep Threat to stretch the defense, and even if we did, Not so certain Fitz could accurately deliver the ball to him...

2 errors I see. One, Miami on Thursday night is a home game, not a "home" game. Seattle is not a long road trip, Toronto is only 90 mins away

Agree with this... :thumbsup:

Edited by BRAWNDO

13 and 3. Easy.

What are your three losses?

Green Bay, New England, Chargers.

We could easily beat Green Bay.

14 and 2.

Oh. Oh, man.

What?

New England, December 20th.

I get out that week.

Oh, ****.

Patsies are toast.

There's no way we're losing

with us in the parking lot. Not a chance.

15 and 1.

Totally realistic.

I think that's very optimistic. To me, best case is Fitz is average, and the new D does everything that it has promised. Worst case, Fitz cant pul it together, Jackson goes down to injury again and the D is a bust. To me, best case we go 11-5. Likely 9-7, bad we do another 6-10."

13 and 3. Easy.

What are your three losses?

Green Bay, New England, Chargers.

We could easily beat Green Bay.

14 and 2.

Oh. Oh, man.

What?

New England, December 20th.

I get out that week.

Oh, ****.

Patsies are toast.

There's no way we're losing

with us in the parking lot. Not a chance.

15 and 1.

Totally realistic.

What are you on bud?

The Bills don't play GB or the Chargers this year.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Fitz will start out decent but opposing defensive coordinators will have an easy job planning against him quick!Wake up, my fellow Bills fans!!

They have an entire year to look at. Fitz played in Gailey's system last year. So if he starts out good it is not because teams didn't have film on him. That is just silly to say

Is it possible that the Bills just stay on the west coast after the ninets game? Maybe use their facilities to prepare for the cardinals?

It is possible. Maybe find a college that would let them use a practice field(s)/facilities. Not sure how to look at that one. On one hand, Jet Lag/time change comes into play. On the other you keep the guys away from their families for a week? Pro's and Con's?

Is it possible that the Bills just stay on the west coast after the ninets game? Maybe use their facilities to prepare for the cardinals?

The probably are going too. Russ Brandon was interviewed on GR after the schedule came out and said the plan is to stay out West for the week.

What are you on bud?

The Bills don't play GB or the Chargers this year.

Sorry, It's a quote from the movie Big Fan. It's the first thing that comes to my mind when people are predicting an upcoming season.

good movie.

Thank you!

Thank you!

Thank you!

Fitzy is gonna be important if the Bills run an O that depends upon him playing well as a standard QB. I doubt he would be able to do it. In fact, I like Fitzy as a QB. He is a smaart guy and a smart player. He is a bit more athleticlly gifted than what I would expect from a Harvard boy.

However, even with better upsides than I would have expected, he needs to show this observer a lot more before I would count on him as my starter.

Yet, there is a lot more and his name is Chan Gailey who is operating as OC as well as HC. The very good news for the Bills is that Gailey has demonstrated at ;east time and again (and I think again) that he can run an effective O with a very flawed QB like a Fiedler or his revival of Kordell.

The VY signing is so great not because VY is such a great (or even good at times) player it is because he is an athletically gifted player with a set of different flaws that Gailey can work with. Again the good news for the Bills is that while there unfortunately no proof or even incidence (yet) of Chan being able to even make (much less win) an SB, if the Bills even make the playoffs (with a flawed QB or not) this will be a serious step forward for this team.

Is Fitzy Peyton Manning (or even Eli)?

Nope (don't make me laugh I am trying to disarm a bomb).

Heck Fitzy is not even near Brad Johnson or wharhisname the recovering alcoholic who won an SB wuth Ray Lewis and the Bal defense carrying his butt).

The goal is simply to make the playoffs this year and I am pretty confident that a smart streaky guy like Fitzy (backed up by a mentally challenged but athletically gifted streaky guy like Vince can QB a solid D into the playoffs.

To me the Jets game will set the tone for the season. The gamne I'm most scared of is the KC game as revenge games always are tough, but since it's at home this year I like ourt chances. Cleveland, we win, NE we win, I say 4 -0 is very possible, but if we lose to anyone it will be NE in the fourth game, getting beat by screens and a running game.

The key to any Bills victory this year is going to be in getting a lead early and forcing teams to open up in the passing game.

Tim-