UB 2020 effect on the bills

Ub 2020.....huge for the western ny economy.....I think this is one of the big pieces of the puzzle that keeps the bills here along with the new stadium lease in the short term. Thoughts ? And if any of you have some good inside info on ub 2020 I would love to hear it. I only know what I read but am very encouraged. Thanks.

The reason it was scaled back is the NYS assembly, Sheldon Silver in particular. They had a problem with UB having more autonomy than the rest of the SUNY schools, so they shat on UB2020. We should be grateful we got what we did. I've been told that few if any UB grads are in power in Albany, so no one stands up for the school in the legislature.

That said, the UB expansion downtown will hopefully bring new professionals to the city. It's already having an effect. Just go on Realtor.com or Zillow.com and look at real estate prices around Roswell Park. Even the Fruit Belt becoming expensive.

But I don't think that alone is what is keeping the Bills in WNY.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

An expanded football program that could get in on a new downtown stadium (or even nudged over to Niagra Falls) would be the dream scenario b/w the two.

Not going to happen in the near future. It'll take the next owner to decide on whether, where and how to build a new stadium. And I don't envy the amount of tonnage it'll take for him/her/them to do to see it through among the numerous levels of government in NY and groups that want their say.

Ninety-something-year-olds don't routinely go building new houses. At best, they paint. Which is essentially what Ralph is going for.

Edited by UConn James