Los Angeles Kings: Stanley Cup Champs

I would say it's conservative more so because of the amount of wealth in OC compared to LA. But that's an LA perspective so it may be wrong?

Not sure which came first. The religiousness, wealth or the conservationism. But they all due tend to go hand in hand. And you have to admit there's a shitload of money in LA. Sure they do have their poor areas but Orange county has Santa Ana. I imagine it has to do also that it was very rural for along time compared to LA.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure which came first. The religiousness, wealth or the conservationism. But they all due tend to go hand in hand. And you have to admit there's a shitload of money in LA. Sure they do have their poor areas but Orange county has Santa Ana. I imagine it has to do also that it was very rural for along time compared to LA.

Why is LABillsFan not OCBillsFan? Are you there LA? :D

I would say Orange County is one of the most conservative places in the country. O.C. has lots of wealth, nice beaches, pricey property and lots of beautiful women.

One summer day while in Huntington Beach, I was walking down Main Street when a cop pulled over a car at a stop sign. The cops suspected that the kids in the car were smoking cigarettes and underage. Apparently, they were right.

When going to Ducks games, my Buffalo brethren always create a stir by openly popping beers like they were outside the Ralph. Orange County cops don't like that. They are a little uptight up there in O.C.

When the young ladies of Orange County come down to San Diego for college they go off. All those rules get tossed aside. Not all bad!!! The young ladies of San Diego State!!!

I don't know if this happens anymore but historically on Independence Day, the locals revolt in Huntington Beach. People go around lighting up dumpsters and couches as the cops try to chase them down. The business ditrict (mainly the bars) gets shut down. I was there one year not knowing the tradition. I couldn't leave until the next morning as moving vehicles got pelted with bottles, rocks and water balloons. Kind of like snowballs in WNY. From what I have been told, the back story is that one year there was supposed to be a bikini contest and the cops shut it down so the locals rioted.

Edited by Spun