Big Brother is watching. And He wants your vote

In a close election, he may be able to have the infrastructure to turn the tide. If he keeps saying brilliant statements like 'the private sector is doing fine' and then holding press conferences to essentially say 'I didn't say what you heard me say' then it won't matter how fine tuned or skilled his organization is.

I expected to see the campaigner from '08 on the stump in '12. Can't say that I've seen that yet. (I'm referring to the skilled politician that made statements that didn't really say much but could get interpreted positively by the listener (more or less) regardless of the listener's point of view; not the politician that was saying the last guy screwed up badly and left a big mess for the '08 election winner to clean up. We're still seeing the latter.) Unless the plan is to lull the opposition into a false sense of security, make gaffs now so that he can have the momentum on his own side heading into November, or go nuclear (dropping Biden for Hillary Clinton) at the convention; I'm really not sure what he thinks he's currently accomplishing with the campaign.

In a close election, he may be able to have the infrastructure to turn the tide. If he keeps saying brilliant statements like 'the private sector is doing fine' and then holding press conferences to essentially say 'I didn't say what you heard me say' then it won't matter how fine tuned or skilled his organization is.

I expected to see the campaigner from '08 on the stump in '12. Can't say that I've seen that yet. (I'm referring to the skilled politician that made statements that didn't really say much but could get interpreted positively by the listener (more or less) regardless of the listener's point of view; not the politician that was saying the last guy screwed up badly and left a big mess for the '08 election winner to clean up. We're still seeing the latter.) Unless the plan is to lull the opposition into a false sense of security, make gaffs now so that he can have the momentum on his own side heading into November, or go nuclear (dropping Biden for Hillary Clinton) at the convention; I'm really not sure what he thinks he's currently accomplishing with the campaign.

Yeah, all that high-tech equipment won't stop Barry's low-tech brain from making stupid statements. And you won't see that campaigner from '08. He has a record now, whereas before it was all "hope and change." Now it's "divide and (hope to) conquer."

• 11 years later...