OTA Report Day 5

& I hate when people downgrade how important the QB position is. In today's NFL, if you don't have reliable triggerman under center you really don't have a chance. I compare the importance of a QB to a pitcher in baseball or a goalie in hockey. Yeah they are not the whole team but it makes every part of the game alot easier if you have a probowler/allstar at that position.

That goes without saying...Doesn't mean that QB is entitled to carry a "record" around with him. That's going too far to me.

& I hate when people downgrade how important the QB position is. In today's NFL, if you don't have reliable triggerman under center you really don't have a chance. I compare the importance of a QB to a pitcher in baseball or a goalie in hockey. Yeah they are not the whole team but it makes every part of the game alot easier if you have a probowler/allstar at that position.

Face it, if you don't have Brees, a Manning, a fruit named Brady or Rodgers,...well you don't have anyone. Unless you have Newton, Luck, Rivers, RG3, Stafford, Ryan, Falco, Romo, Vick, Schaub, Smith, Cassel, or Dalton. Because we have heard of all of them and they have to be better then Fitz.

All the VY doubters and denigrators overlook one fundamental fact - VY is a proven winner with an overhelming success rate and converting more wins than losses.

Who really cares about Jeff Fisher anyway???

The closeness of Jeff Fisher and VY (at one point in time) may have been the biggest problem. Naturally, you will react and take things more personally from a close friend vs a coach/boss because it cuts deeper. What happened between the two probably deeply saddens both of them. Jeff Fisher is a very respected and accomplished coach in the NFL, dare I say Championship caliber and many would say the same about Vince Young. What happened between the two of them turned their lives upside down and almost ruined their careers.

On the football side of things Jeff Fisher is a strict coach and demands respect,its his way or the highway. Jeff Fisher tried to make VY something he's not which is your typical pocket passing QB. When Cam Newton came into the league he vowed to never stop using his legs, because Newton realizes its part of his game, part of what makes him hard to defend and a big part of what makes him great. VY has the same skill set as Cam Newton, the new age power forward/QB Gruden likes to call them.

Chan Gailey is going to do great things with Vince Young...

Face it, if you don't have Brees, a Manning, a fruit named Brady or Rodgers,...well you don't have anyone. Unless you have Newton, Luck, Rivers, RG3, Stafford, Ryan, Falco, Romo, Vick, Schaub, Smith, Cassel, or Dalton. Because we have heard of all of them and they have to be better then Fitz.

I never even mentioned Fitz in my post. What is your point? I would rather have Fitz over Falco, Cassel, Dalton.

The closeness of Jeff Fisher and VY (at one point in time) may have been the biggest problem. Naturally, you will react and take things more personally from a close friend vs a coach/boss because it cuts deeper. What happened between the two probably deeply saddens both of them. Jeff Fisher is a very respected and accomplished coach in the NFL, dare I say Championship caliber and many would say the same about Vince Young. What happened between the two of them turned their lives upside down and almost ruined their careers.

On the football side of things Jeff Fisher is a strict coach and demands respect,its his way or the highway. Jeff Fisher tried to make VY something he's not which is your typical pocket passing QB. When Cam Newton came into the league he vowed to never stop using his legs, because Newton realizes its part of his game, part of what makes him hard to defend and a big part of what makes him great. VY has the same skill set as Cam Newton, the new age power forward/QB Gruden likes to call them.

Chan Gailey is going to do great things with Vince Young...

My opinion, is that VY ill be the one to lead the Bills into the playoffs, along with Mario and Darius.

I never even mentioned Fitz in my post. What is your point? I would rather have Fitz over Falco, Cassel, Dalton.

I wasn't arguing your point, I was merely echoing it. People only want the names they have heard of...

My opinion, is that VY ill be the one to lead the Bills into the playoffs, along with Mario and Darius.

Fitzy will lead the Bills into the playoffs this season,

Fitz will also be very instrumental in the career turnaround for VY in my opinion.

I don't mean to in any way underscore the importance of Ryan Fitzpatrick.

Myself personally, Fitzy is future coaching material and would make a great OC one day for the Buffalo Bills...

he had the Titans playbook down evidently, he won a lot of games over there.

young>thigpen.

young may ell be.fitz.

sorry for this reality, haters.

but you are all right about one thing, Kelsay is servicable and 'quality depth'. And the Emporer IS wearing clothes, can't you see them?

Young didn't win any games over there. The defense won games. The coaches won games. ST won games. I don't recall him single-handedly winning any games. The team's W-L record was good. VY's own stats weren't stellar.