QB Coach Lee: I'm going with the expert.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the same Tony Romo who seems to choke ON CUE in big games. :lol:

And the same Romo wo hasn't beat the Giants since 2008!

-How many playoff games has Romo won?

No offense, but Tony Romo isn't the type of achievement a so-called "QB GURU" should hang his hat on. -JMO.

You will not find a bigger proponent of the concept that both Tony Romo, and Mark Sanchez, are choke artists that have been over-hyped by ESPN, than me. IMO, the reason for the hype is primarily due to ESPN's marketing strategy. Telling a lot of people what they want to hear is a good way to make money.

However, I've never seen either one's mechanics be the reason why they choke. No. They've been mechanically perfect...throwing balls into the other team's chest in the 4th quarter. :lol:

Romo/Sanchez's problem is that they are dimwits, who aren't good at looking off, who've had the benefit of a great O line for their entire career, and largely a defense that gives them the ball a lot, which has made them look a hell of a lot better than they are. When the game is on the line, when the O and D lines aren't enough, and you ask either to carry their team? They can't. And most of the time, they massively hurt their team when they try. However, all that has little to do with mechanics.

On the flip side, I have seen Fitz do things that were mechanically unsound from day one.

We know Lee is a good coach, as evidenced by the bidding war for his services, and, we know that Fitz has been mechanically...goofy at times. No guarantees, but certainly we are on the right track. I don't see how this makes Fitz worse or the same. It will make him better. How much? Who knows?

Don't forget that one of the items on the list of improvements for Fixtpatrick by coach are.... looking off the defender. Hmmm..

You need to put that in context. It was looking off the defender, but giving Fitzpatrick enough time to throw accurately. So the problem Lee is helping to fix is getting Fitzy to look off defenders LESS.

Utter Simplicity

Numbers do not lie, of course, numbers are incapable of lying, because they are not human. Numbers are not human.

Fit's career numbers are average, so the average for every other quarterback = Fitz's numbers. Hmm, it would be a miracle if his numbers were actually the average. Maybe I should be arsed to look it up some day.

He played well for 4 weeks, yeah, yeah, and he wasn't Aaron Rogers, right, and that's all there is to it, or not.

He is rag-armed, but he can throw the ball on a rope when he needs to, and can throw 60+ yrds, on film.

He's not a decent QB. Your opinion, but mine is different.

Well hopefully your opinion is correct, I see him as a 60 mil weak link.

Romo/Sanchez's problem is that they are dimwits, who aren't good at looking off, who've had the benefit of a great O line for their entire career, and largely a defense that gives them the ball a lot, which has made them look a hell of a lot better than they are. When the game is on the line, when the O and D lines aren't enough, and you ask either to carry their team? They can't. And most of the time, they massively hurt their team when they try. However, all that has little to do with mechanics.

Interesting. I always thought Romo was a pretty smart QB.

Sanchez, well, the wheel is spinning

I do agree they are both hyped, but that's not their fault.

Well hopefully your opinion is correct, I see him as a 60 mil weak link.

Wait I thought you were a *reformed* Fitzhater, at least until the fourth game of the season?

Backsliding already or am I mistaken about the "reformed" part?

Ok, how about we go with mentally weak...as in drop the hold on a critical FG...mentally weak?

Or in both their case, make the super-hero off the back foot throw...when nobody is within 5 yards...to the other team :lol:, because "I gotta make a play"?

Mentally weak...dimwit....you make the call.

Wait I thought you were a *reformed* Fitzhater, at least until the fourth game of the season?

Backsliding already or am I mistaken about the "reformed" part?

I try and try but these meds will not quell the Fitzhate! Haaa I always go back to what I know. Lets go Buff, there are tons of talent elsewhere to make up for our lack of a brady, cam, romo type qb. I don't think Fitz will kill this teams chances, I just don't want to see people think Fitz will be the main factor.