Best political speech's

As much as Clinton takes flack for his tax hike, and although he did have the good fortune to preside over the internet explosion, he also facilitated that economic growth with market friendly policies.

From Arthur Laffer:

Read more: http://business.time.../#ixzz1x3roDt4z

This should be required reading. And, I love the looks on people's faces when they bash Laffer and call him an idiot....and then I tell them he voted for Clinton twice, like they did, so what does that make them? :lol:

Obama basically repeated the Clinton presidency....until 2010.

But, instead of hiring a Dick Morris type and being a real pragmatist like Clinton was the next 6 years...we got even more nonsense ideology.

It's bizarre really. We are seeing what happens when you do the exact opposite of Clinton...yet, liberals seem to be completely baffled by, or oblivious to it.

I don't understand why they would ignore the things Clinton actually did. They only talk about his results, not what he did to get them.

Jesus...H...Christ...you guys are taking something I thought was funny....as hatred? I don't hate Obama the way you hated Bush. Think about that, and deal with it already.

I assure you: this is less about me, and more about you. I think Obama's a nice, smart, good guy...who is simply incompetent. You're not going to see me calling him a liar, stupid, or an excellent liar but completely stupid, at the same time :blink:, evil, or any of the ridiculous crap you guys said about Bush.

No matter how much you wish I would, I'm not going to do it. I don't need to assassinate someone's character, because I can't construct a logical argument based on fact. Now, I have no trouble assassinating the characters here. That's because: they largely deserve it. :lol:

Also, please refrain form the "Lincoln was a Liberal" canard on this board. It is historically ridiculous. Yes, the guy who created corporate America...was a liberal :wallbash: Perhaps the "killing vampires" thing is accurate? After all, he made it so that the vampires of England, France, those in the South, all could not continue to profit off of our natural resources, agricultural products, and cheap labor. Now...cue YOUR JOKE: he killed those vampires, just to replace them with new vampires.

:facepalm: (God I wish we had that emoticon)

I'd love to see you find one negative thing I have ever posted about Bush. Because you won't because I never posted about him. But if I don't hate Obama, I must hate Bush. Great job with assuming though. :doh:

This one??

:doh: :doh: :doh:

That's a doh, as in "my mistake"

Facepalm is different. It's like "I can't believe Obama followed Jimmy Carter's model, instead of Bill Clinton's"....:facepalm:

Or, "I can't believe we are talking about Fitz/Vince Young, at this point in time, along the same lines as Flutie/Johnson"...yeah, that's a :facepalm:

I'm on record as being a fan of H.W. He was a good president who ran up against a superior politician.

But Clinton presided over one of the most prosperity laden times in this country's history. Whether fortuitous or not, that was a period of strong economic growth and the street was a fan for his impact on business and policies that facilitated economic development.

Of course you can find something here or there that would allow you to nitpick his tenure, but in large measure, that is how those 8 years went.

That prosperity was primarily due to policies enacted years before Clinton took office and the balanced budgets largely due to Bush's compromise on taxes during the 1990 budget deal. Clinton didn't screw it up, but giving him that much credit for the '90s prosperity is as nutty as blaming Bush for the housing bubble or blaming Obama for the current recession.

I'd love to see you find one negative thing I have ever posted about Bush. Because you won't because I never posted about him. But if I don't hate Obama, I must hate Bush. Great job with assuming though. :doh:

I said "you guys" didn't I? "You know, the royal we"? :lol:

Whatever, I don't hate the President. There are only a very small group(count on one hand) of people that I truly hate, and you don't know any of them. That is all.

I said "you guys" didn't I? "You know, the royal we"? :lol:

Whatever, I don't hate the President. There are only a very small group(count on one hand) of people that I truly hate, and you don't know any of them. That is all.

You stated "I don't hate Obama the way you hated Bush." How else should I take that? And when something is a complete lie, of course I'm going to take offense.

Here's my thing that people probably don't like around here. I have my ideas of who I want to be the President but if the person I want doesn't win, I'll root for whoever is elected. Too many people in this country would rather spend their energy rooting against the person they didn't vote for instead of hoping the one in office does best job possible.

You stated "I don't hate Obama the way you hated Bush." How else should I take that? And when something is a complete lie, of course I'm going to take offense.

Here's my thing that people probably don't like around here. I have my ideas of who I want to be the President but if the person I want doesn't win, I'll root for whoever is elected. Too many people in this country would rather spend their energy rooting against the person they didn't vote for instead of hoping the one in office does best job possible.

Yeah...I know. That's why I said..."the royal we". What? Do I have to explain Lebowski quotes to now? :lol:

You are exactly wrong: having your own ideas about anything, especially who you want to be President...is what we DO want around here.

We have plenty of turds who have other people's ideas...and re-post them in every friggin thread.

It's whatever you want it to be, you !@#$ing numbnuts. :doh:

Really? Ok, then from now on: :unsure: means "avoid looking at DC_Tom's small pee pee".

And, ^_^ means "yes, I had Chinese yesterday, and it was great"!

Hey, you said it's whatever we want it to be...:lol:

Really? Ok, then from now on: :unsure: means "avoid looking at DC_Tom's small pee pee".

And, ^_^ means "yes, I had Chinese yesterday, and it was great"!

Hey, you said it's whatever we want it to be...:lol:

Yes...and every time I see those from now on, I'll know that you want to be stupid.