Bills mentioned in Saints bounty ledger

JPL7

After watching the Hargrove video i am completely amazed at these guys. Do they not realize how deep they are digging the hole?

Sorry but i will take Roger Goodell's word over theirs any day of the week. What possibly does he have to gain from this??? These guys are complete and utter fools. This is one instance where Hargrove and Vilma hope that people will listen to them and believe them. Not me. Good luck if you do. You also must believe in many more comspiracy theories.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After watching the Hargrove video i am completely amazed at these guys. Do they not realize how deep they are digging the hole?

Sorry but i will take Roger Goodell's word over theirs any day of the week. What possibly does he have to gain from this??? These guys are complete and utter fools. This is one instance where Hargrove and Vilma hope that people will listen to them and believe them. Not me. Good luck if you do. You also must believe in many more comspiracy theories.

It doesn't bother you that Hargrove didn't even make the hit on favre? How do you reconcile that?

im sure some are sick of the bumps of the thread but....

florio is now saying all evidence turned in friday might be thrown out for being too late. it wouldnt be a proud victory, but if true - the suspensions of all 4 players would be void.

could be a BIG twist, and a MAJOR mistake on the side of the nfl.

"As Article 46 of the Collective Bargaining Agreement goes, there aren’t many technicalities in the appeal process. Here’s one of them, from Article 46, Section (f)(ii): “In appeals under Section 1(a), the parties shall exchange copies of any exhibits upon which they intend to rely no later than three (3) calendar days prior to the hearing. Failure to timely provide any intended exhibit shall preclude its introduction at the hearing.”

Key language: Failure to timely provide any intended exhibit shall preclude its introduction at the hearing.

Key word: Shall.

As every law student learns when studying “civil procedure” (i.e., the rules for litigating cases), the word “shall” always should (or, I suppose, “shall”) be regarded as a red flag. It conveys a mandatory requirement. No discretion. No exceptions. No wiggle room.

Here, failure to deliver the exhibits on time “shall” prevent them from being used at the hearing.

Commissioner Roger Goodell previously scheduled the hearing in the bounty case for 10:00 a.m. ET on Monday, June 18. The NFL delivered its packet of 16 exhibits to the NFLPA at roughly 1:30 p.m. ET on Friday, June 15.

Three calendar days prior to the hearing translates, in the normal sense of the term, to at least 72 hours before the hearing. Actually, it could reasonably be argued that the exhibits were due by 11:59 p.m. on Thursday, June 14, since that would have given the players “three calendar days” (Friday, Saturday, and Sunday) to digest the evidence and prepare accordingly."

Edited by NoSaint

And todays update on the circus - The vitt pledge of 5k on favre that showed up in the players evidence on the mysterious handwritten note: vitt and lawyer had immediately not only refuted it but said that they had never been accused of it in the entire suspension process. that struck me as odd - through his hearing and his appeal no one EVER mentioned him pledging 5k to the pool, but now it comes out as part of $35k in the evidence this week.... now they apparently have gone to the nfl. Shefter tweets:

Per Adam Schefter

@AdamSchefter

Part 1: Joe Vitt called Roger Goodell this morning to tell him he never offered any bounty money and the allegations against him are false.

2: Vitt told Goodell he will take a lie-detector test to prove innonce or sign sworn affadavit that he never participated in bounty program.

3: Vitt: "They're lies. What is on that paper (shown to NFLPA and media) is false. How can anything else on that paper be considered?

4: Joe Vitt is outraged at the accusations the league directed at him that he offered money and corrobated evidence. 100% Untrue, he insisted.

https://twitter.com/#!/AdamSchefter

that said, the circus is actually in new orleans and we had elephants walking to the dome today. how fitting.

Edited by NoSaint

And florio confirms with birch of NFL, vitt never accused of bounty funding as they found that the note by itself was not sufficient:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/20/league-confirms-vitt-wasnt-accused-of-contributing-to-bounty-pool/

ps. adolpho birch is the same character that got in some hot water with the handling of the starcaps investigation and was chastised by judges for his handling of that case (which involved 2 saints, one of which is suspended here)