Bills OTAs begin May 29

Merriman just tweeted he is cleared to practice starting.

Mario said being away from Houston has allowed him to keep weight on and that the Bills have a boatload of talent.

Gilmore took all first string reps today as well.

Paul Hamilton was just on WGR talking about the practice.

-More contact than usual, more hits than you'd expect and "probably not what the Player's Association had in mind." However, they were player initiated, not directed by coaches, for what that's worth

- Justin Rogers looked really good

- Gilmore ran with the first team opposite McKelvin, with Aaron Williams coming to to spell McKelvin

-Vince Young made some nice throws but also had a number of over throws

-Defensive line was awesome (shocker!)

-Fred and CJ alternated taking first team reps

-Stevie, Kyle, and McGee are there, but working out on their own.

The Buffalo Bills twitter had some additional insight: http://twitter.com/#!/buffalobills

Edited by uncle flap

Best comments not mentioned:

Fitz on Mario: "he looks like one of those Madden characters you create" with his speed + athleticism

Fitz on Vince Young: "I don't have all the tattoos that he does, but we have similar personalities....it's a good QB group"

Merriman an hour ago: "Got the thumbs up can't wait to join my teammates in practice tomorrow"

Edited by Astrobot

Best comments not mentioned:

Fitz on Mario: "he looks like one of those Madden characters you create" with his speed + athleticism

Fitz on Vince Young: "I don't have all the tattoos that he does, but we have similar personalities....it's a good QB group"

Got beat by an hour and a half. :oops:

And here's the BIlls Blog update: http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-1/OTA-report---Day-1/1c9f19f1-97a4-4050-af83-72f42120a46c

Good news:

DT Kyle Williams participated in individual position drills, which was a bit of a surprise for onlookers who weren't expecting him to do any football work until training camp.

"I've really kind of I guess gone to another level I guess with my training the last couple three weeks or so," said Williams. "I go from running to light change of directions, and the last couple of weeks really been doing some hard change direction stuff. It felt good. We kind of talked about it this morning, did some individual, felt really good and hopefully we're on an uphill climb."

Buffalo Bills ‏@buffalobills

Gailey surprised on speed of Kyle Williams' recovery, want to be on the field every day. Sometimes have to hold him back.

Video highlights to come soon.

EDIT: Here they are

Edited by uncle flap

Merriman just tweeted he is cleared to practice starting.

Mario said being away from Houston has allowed him to keep weight on and that the Bills have a boatload of talent.

Gilmore took all first string reps today as well.

Gee thanks, Teen. :ph34r:

How about Merriman's news: "Got the thumbs up can't wait to join my teammates in practice tomorrow"

Sorry Astro got you there as well.

In my case it is equivalent of a blind squirrel finding a nut every once in a while, when it comes to posting information first.

BTW Astro thanks for all your draft tidbits, I really enjoy reading the info. :thumbsup:

K Williams looks good in the highlights. Nice to see him being able to change directions going at a pretty high speed. Hopefully he feels good tomorrow and can keep up the progress.

Can not wait to see how Merriman looks out there too.

If Merriman and K. Williams can both come back from achilles surgery this D is going to be a real force.