If I were Indy

SF Bills Fan

well it all boils down to whether the jets win or not

185518[/snapback]

Yep, all of my eggs are in the Rams basket. Thats scares me to no end. I'm relying on the team speed of the Rams and their experience to carry the day. The Jets are having one of those lucky years, that bothers me. They are so overrated. We deserve their spot.

in the first round and not the Bills. If they have thought of this (I'm sure they have), they might reconsider the finish strong strategy.  Would you rather finish with a win and (potentially) face the Bills? Or a loss and face the Broncos.  I'd take the later.

185515[/snapback]

The Indy fans may be hoping they don't play the Bills in the wild card round, but I really doubt Dungy, Manning & Co. are "hoping" for a certain team. They're a good enough team that they feel they can beat whoever comes into the dome.

Having said that, I think what Peyton said the other night about learning their lesson from the 1999 game in Buffalo (about mailing it in) was partly for show. He knows - just as the coaches do - that they don't want to risk anything by actually playing.

The Indy fans may be hoping they don't play the Bills in the wild card round, but I really doubt Dungy, Manning & Co. are "hoping" for a certain team. They're a good enough team that they feel they can beat whoever comes into the dome.

Having said that, I think what Peyton said the other night about learning their lesson from the 1999 game in Buffalo (about mailing it in) was partly for show. He knows - just as the coaches do - that they don't want to risk anything by actually playing.

185542[/snapback]

Mannings words were encouraging. It all boils down to Dungy and his decisions. You are certainly right, no team goes in hoping to lose. Our best hope is that Manning goes big while in and racks up some TDs. I'm going to be a huge Manning/Harrison fan on Sunday.

Yep, all of my eggs are in the Rams basket. Thats scares me to no end. I'm relying on the team speed of the Rams and their experience to carry the day. The Jets are having one of those lucky years, that bothers me.  They are so overrated. We deserve their spot.

185531[/snapback]

Dunno it the Jets can be called overrated. The OL has been a surprise, and Martin remains a very tough, smart rb.

But sure, St. Louie can beat 'em on their home race track. They are murder with their 15 - 20 yard middle pass game, and Jackson does well in wide runs.

Faulk has caught 49 so far, missing 2 games, and demands attention from the safties and that helps with clearing out the middle.

Hate to break this to some of you, but not all teams (or their fans) are blown away by the Bills and their winning streak. People like to point out the Bills' 9 victories are against weaklings...and for the most part it's true. Yes, there is parity "on any given Sunday" and we've blown some of these team away but Indy is not afraid of playing the Bills at home. They've had our number big time and I do believe they would love to dispatch Denver to the ski slopes and take their chances w/ Buffalo in the Dome. We haven't played a team like Indy all year.

Miami- crap

Arizona- crap

Jets- nice win against an overrated team

St. Louis- crap

Seattle- road win was nice but they also lost to Dallas at home. yuk!

Cleveland- complete crap

Cinci- No Carson & doing a usual nosedive

San Fran- worst SF team in decades

Pitt- might be a good win against their 2nd stringers though

:D

Go Bills!

You getting those big rains there?

185658[/snapback]

It was raining when I got back here Tuesday night and rained straight through until last night when it started to pour. People drive poorly in the rian here. worse than back east in the snow. There are big snows forecasted for the Sierra and all my friends going up for New Years will be faced with major travel problems. I know they are requiring chains in the major passes to Tahoe/Reno. The skiing will be great though. We have a nice let up on the rain right now, so Im going to try to take a run.

No, he was referring to me. And as for calling me an idiot- here is a tall glass of shut the !@#$ up.  Take a big drink.

185652[/snapback]

Yeah sorry, maybe the idiot part was overboard.

I still cant believe that you would think a 12-3 team would be afraid of the Bills. (I'll remind you the Bills are 9-6) No way, they don't care about us.

Yeah sorry, maybe the idiot part was overboard.

I still cant believe that you would think a 12-3 team would be afraid of the Bills. (I'll remind you the Bills are 9-6) No way, they don't care about us.

185684[/snapback]

Apology acceppted. I think were all a little nervous here. You are right- teams are out to beat whoever comes there way noa matter what the situation is. I'd expect nothing but a serious effort out of Indy. I hope Manning gets at least a half. I'll take a full quarter even.

Yep, all of my eggs are in the Rams basket. Thats scares me to no end. I'm relying on the team speed of the Rams and their experience to carry the day. The Jets are having one of those lucky years, that bothers me.  They are so overrated. We deserve their spot.

185531[/snapback]

Even eternal patriot fan bill simmons said the bills deserve it. ALso, he picked the bills to cover this week(-9) and the Colts and Rams both to win.