Romney support among independents taking a hit

Some interesting conclusions here. Romney's lead grew but he's taking a hit among Independents, who he must get to vote.

That's a Fox poll, so maybe it's even worse for Romney.

In April, the poll found independents favoring Romney by a massive 13-point margin, now it's 5 points. But the closing of the gap didn't come from a surge in support for Obama among indies. The president dropped four points. Romney's problem in this poll is that independents checked out.

Come election time, Romney can expect that the Republicans, who are terrified at the thought of a second Obama term, will vote for him. Things like Rick Santorum's post-campaign-suspension attack mailer in Iowa and grudging endorsement will have faded from memory.

But there are considerably more Democrats than Republicans in the country, so the only way the GOP can win elections is by winning the independent vote. As younger voters become increasingly unwilling to form the lifelong party affiliations of their parents' generation, the task becomes increasingly important.

http://www.foxnews.c.../#ixzz1v8tGreNB

Edited by John Adams

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In what way do you think an uglier campaign will make Romney lose more independent votes? Who would be creating the uglier campaign? Only Romney? Would it be the actual ACT of an ugly campaign that would turn off independent voters?

Oh, wait. It would probably be helpful is I posed these questions to an actual independent voter.

Nevermind.

Edited by LABillzFan

In what way do you think an uglier campaign will make Romney lose more independent votes? Who would be creating the uglier campaign? Only Romney? Would it be the actual ACT of an ugly campaign that would turn off independent voters?

Oh, wait. It would probably be helpful is I posed these questions to an actual independent voter.

Nevermind.

Hey stupid, I was quoting the FOX article.

Dimwit.

The Romney Super PACs will create an ugly campaign, as will the Obama campaign. If you don't think this will be ugly on both sides, you're naive.

Edited by John Adams

Another "independent" view, lol

I guess Fox polls are celebrated when the results are "acceptable"

Perhaps instead of pointing out Romney and Independent voters, those in the Obama campaign should worry a little more about the dems....

One of the under-reported stories of the year is the resistance that many Democrats have manifested toward the Obama administration during the primary process. Obama has no meaningful opponent for his partys nomination, yet in a number of states, Democrats have rebelled against his policies by casting votes for anyone-but-Obama.

In Oklahoma, a motley crew of opponents got 43% of the primary vote against the presidents 57%. In Massachusetts, Obama got 89% of the vote, but someone else got 11%; the numbers were the same in Tennessee. In Alabama, Obama could muster only 80% of the Democratic vote. In Louisiana, it was 76-24, in Rhode Island, 83-17. Obama won North Carolina 79-21. West Virginia was the most stunning result so far: Obama eked out a 59-41 win over a felon who is incarcerated in Texas.

Next up, on Tuesday, is Arkansas. A poll taken last week showed Obama narrowly leading another flake candidate named John Wolfe by a mere seven points, 45-38.

What is remarkable about this is that Obama has no real opponent. He is running weakly among his own Democrats against unknowns, cranks and felons. By rights, this should be a huge story. In 1968, Lyndon Johnson was driven from the White House when Eugene McCarthy garnered 42% of the vote in the New Hampshire primarycoincidentally, the same showing that the incarcerated felon made against Obama in West Virginia, and that a group of nobodies made in Oklahoma. So far, Americas reporters and editors have studiously averted their eyes from what is happening in the Democratic primaries. They have refused to cover the rebellion in the Democratic ranks, and will continue to do so unless and until Obama actually loses a primary. If that happens, they will have no choice but to report the fact.

John Hinderaker

....And, no, these were not all "open" primaries, there were closed and caucuses.

Edited by B-Man

Hey stupid...

Dimwit.

Spoken like a true independent.

Oh, wait.

Editor's Note: It appears the Fox poll is done of "voters," not "likely voters," which real pollsters rely on for accuracy. Like I said before, if you want accurate polls, look to Gallup, Ramsussen and Quinnipiac. Anything else is mindless fodder for mindless people.

Edited by LABillzFan

Nevermind.

I've been questioning his independent status since I was first made aware of him. He posts similar to DiN in that it always seems to be a cut and paste of some article or poll against conservatism.

I've been questioning his independent status since I was first made aware of him. He posts similar to DiN in that it always seems to be a cut and paste of some article or poll against conservatism.

You guys are stupid and stupider.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/145395-obamas-new-campaign-ad/page__view__findpost__p__2453672

When someone says your guy is wrong, it doesn't make them liberal. Hard concept to grasp, I know, but it is possible to criticize Romney and not also be a liberal.

Good job by Romney for rejecting the ads RE Rev. Wright. Not sure how much control he can exercise over the mud-slinging but the less he does, the better for him. And if Obama starts slinging, it will be hard for him not to sling back.

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/145395-obamas-new-campaign-ad/page__view__findpost__p__2453672

When someone says your guy is wrong, it doesn't make them liberal. Hard concept to grasp, I know, but it is possible to criticize Romney and not also be a liberal.

Good job by Romney for rejecting the ads RE Rev. Wright. Not sure how much control he can exercise over the mud-slinging but the less he does, the better for him. And if Obama starts slinging, it will be hard for him not to sling back.

The slinging has already started, JA. Look at the report about Romney's hijinks in prep school.

if?

Big f'n deal. You were able to find a post from a couple of weeks ago when you criticized Obama. It still doesn't change the fact that you often criticize conservatives. Maybe, I'm wrong though. Maybe it's just that you seem to take such pleasure in doing it in a very snarky manner that leaves me with that impression.

The slinging has already started, JA. Look at the report about Romney's hijinks in prep school.

I never said it didn't. Romney put a dog on his car. Obama ate dog. Romney cut someone's hair. The first lady hates America. Obama's birth certificate. Mitt bankrupted companies. Michelle Obama goes on expensive trips to Mexico. Romney is filthy rich. Obama changed biographies on the WH website. What a bunch of crap...and yet LA and 3rd question that Independents would get disgusted by it and vote "no thanks" to the choices presented.

Big f'n deal. You were able to find a post from a couple of weeks ago when you criticized Obama. It still doesn't change the fact that you often criticize conservatives. Maybe, I'm wrong though. Maybe it's just that you seem to take such pleasure in doing it in a very snarky manner that leaves me with that impression.

Good god. You want me to post where I called Obama a pu$$y on the gay marriage issue? How many posts do you want me to find you ninny? You just prickle when I attack your dumb posts.

if?

Ha. Touche. I'm more anticipating once the pres. campaign kicks into high gear. To me, now that we have candidates, this is the calm before the storm.

Edited by John Adams

Ha. Touche. I'm more anticipating once the pres. campaign kicks into high gear. To me, now that we have candidates, this is the calm before the storm.

Agreed. I am anticipating a campaign as bitter as the epic Jefferson vs. your namesakes edition...

I never said it didn't. Romney put a dog on his car. Obama ate dog. Romney cut someone's hair. The first lady hates America. Obama's birth certificate. Mitt bankrupted companies. Michelle Obama goes on expensive trips to Mexico. Romney is filthy rich. Obama changed biographies on the WH website. What a bunch of crap...and yet LA and 3rd question that Independents would get disgusted by it and vote "no thanks" to the choices presented.

Good god. You want me to post where I called Obama a pu$$y on the gay marriage issue? How many posts do you want me to find you ninny? You just prickle when I attack your dumb posts.

I'm not sure that was an insult in most of our eyes. We tend to like pu$$y.

I'm not sure that was an insult in most of our eyes. We tend to like pu$y.

Yeah, that retort makes sense. Talking to you and Eryn is like arguing with a 4 year old, minus 3 years of life experience. LA has half a brain when he isn't being sensitive to attacks on his party.

Yeah, that retort makes sense. Talking to you and Eryn is like arguing with a 4 year old, minus 3 years of life experience. LA has half a brain when he isn't being sensitive to attacks on his party.

OK, Mighty Mouse. Sure.

:lol: :lol:

The sad fact is that electing a president is a matter of choosing the lesser of two evils. A 3rd party candidate won't be winning the presidency anytime soon.

Edited by Doc