America's Got Howard!

boyst

Wow. This has been amazing. Some good acts have blown it. All the right calls have been made so far, I feel. I knew there was something "dramatic" going on when they put the Earth Harp guy on stage without his name being on a list.

The self proclaimed "freak" opera singer choked but they have to give him another shot!!!!!!

Also, those two light effects shows MUST combine forces win lose or draw. I would pay good money to watch them perform and combine those acts.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree totally with you...that one girl guitar player really looked like she didn't want to be on stage, and as cruel as it was to call her out like that, they probably did her a favor. too bad that puerto rican group had that mistake, but much like de leon(who i am pulling for), i think they may deserve a second shot. Too bad about Flo-Jo/Al Joyners kid, she was good in the auditions, but nerves got the best of her. Not a fan of the canonballer, but from Howard talking about him leading up to that, i sensed they were all uber impressed. that earth harp guy didn't need to prove anything else in vegas. the sand artist and that light performers as simply awesome to watch...they should team up and win, lose or draw, go on the road together. I loved that dog ventriliquist too, he was frigging hilarious. can't wait to see how they deal with the fake military guy...you know they are gonna drag that out to the end of the week....

Wow. This has been amazing. Some good acts have blown it. All the right calls have been made so far, I feel. I knew there was something "dramatic" going on when they put the Earth Harp guy on stage without his name being on a list.

The self proclaimed "freak" opera singer choked but they have to give him another shot!!!!!!

Also, those two light effects shows MUST combine forces win lose or draw. I would pay good money to watch them perform and combine those acts.

I've actually wondered why in the world more acts haven't considered that. Especially when the criticism is, "you guys can't hold an audience's attention for a 45 min set in Vegas". So just join up with another act, or even two acts, and create a mini-variety show. I'd sure as hell rather see that than to have to endure more singers...we get enough singers on the singing shows. I want to see something INTERESTING.

How did the goth kid not make it? You have to find a way to put him through! He is the guy you cheer for, the one you say ok he made it. Fat man lady in pink made it...

Also, I was got twice. Once by Howard saying "You guys are not going....home" to the two singing duets (country and father daughter). Also, I hope that he gets with her, she is gorgeous. The other was saying the dog guy doesn't get to go to Vegas...yeah, because he goes to NY.. EFFFF YOU HOWIE!

The kids, though, it's so hard to compete with them. I hope the funky thin dance guy from SF makes it tomorrow.

I can't believe they kept the transvestite singer and sent andrew de Leon home...also the TV theme song guy should not have advanced and the opera singer should have been moved on to ny. Glad the cloggers and the Puerto Rican team got through..

Happy to see they downplayed Poe....

Disagree with those who say they should have passed Andrew (goth opera) through. I thought they gave him great advice -- he has a talent, but he is nowhere near ready to perform in front of an audience.

Can't figure out why Howie and Sharon like the big black guy who sings TV songs; that's a head-scratcher.

VERY happy Tim Poe just plain wasn't good enough to advance, so we don't ever have to see his lying face again.

Really an excellent show last night; superbly edited and you could feel the emotion from the judges and contestants. Can't wait to see the "Standbys" perform tonight.

Big Barry goes through??? If I was one if the good acts that got cut I'd be really pissed. Despite the drama & suspense, did you really think they weren't gonna send Turf through? Wish the bluegrass band or the chick band with the singer with the unique voice got to advance. Really enjoying the show and I like the realization on all their parts how hard it was to tell people no.

Big Barry goes through??? If I was one if the good acts that got cut I'd be really pissed. Despite the drama & suspense, did you really think they weren't gonna send Turf through? Wish the bluegrass band or the chick band with the singer with the unique voice got to advance. Really enjoying the show and I like the realization on all their parts how hard it was to tell people no.

I fell asleep. I am bummed. It was right after turf danced. I hope the "east coast" guy didn't. Hope the 17 yr old solo ballet chick made it, the two lil cuties- tho the tapper was far better.

The neck hang chick is not $1mm. Neither seethe two physical freaks that dress way too weird.

• 2 weeks later...

The season has been less then great. I haven't posted because there has not been many acts that are worth the $$$! I think if you combined the two light shows and the Earth harp guy you'd have a billion dollar act.

USA Today Article that tells just what is going on with this season - it's sucking.

The season has been less then great. I haven't posted because there has not been many acts that are worth the $$$! I think if you combined the two light shows and the Earth harp guy you'd have a billion dollar act.

USA Today Article that tells just what is going on with this season - it's sucking.

I've already stopped watching. I will record the results show, watch the recaps, fast forward through the guest acts, and see who advances.

i have no point of reference for the show...some acts are good, some not so good...i still like how howard interacts with sharon & howie as well as the contestants...i did think howard was over the line last week when he was constantly criticizing howie on big barry et al, often times howard fixates on things and can't seem to let it go...

i am still a big enough fan to watch the show for howards sake

Felt bad for the balancing guy last night...really wanted to see what he was going to do.

The dinosaur light people are fantastic. Bike act was good, but may not have presented well enough on TV.

I was really surprised all three judges liked the nervous comedian. I thought his material was SO much weaker than in Vegas. Tom Cotter will wipe the floor with him head to head if he makes it through.

Agreed with Howard on the R&B/rap band.

i like the 'break dancer'(for lack of a better term), i liked how the three of them kept talking about a killer dance-off between him and the contortionist dancer, that would be fun to watch...but not for a full show

Felt bad for the balancing guy last night...really wanted to see what he was going to do.

The dinosaur light people are fantastic. Bike act was good, but may not have presented well enough on TV.

I was really surprised all three judges liked the nervous comedian. I thought his material was SO much weaker than in Vegas. Tom Cotter will wipe the floor with him head to head if he makes it through.

Agreed with Howard on the R&B/rap band.