(OT) On my Way to the Game

Guffalo

Sorry had to vent

We leave Long Island at 10:30, cruise traffic free upstate, getting over the bridges in record time, we are travelling in my conversion van and my wife's 2000 Taurus. My 16 year old son is coming to see his first NFL game live (more importantly his first Bills tailgate)

The Taurus was bought from her Mom with 28K on it. As we pass through the EZpass lane on 87 North at Woddbury, the transmission completely revolted. Car is now dead.

We get towed to the nearest Ford dealer, they inform us after an hour wait, that yes the patient has died, and no, our warranty doesn't cover it. cost $2850.

The people were very nice and said we could wait till maybe today, maybe monday for the car. I told them we were headed up for the game , so they said ok, get a rental and we will help. The girl was great she located an Enterprise in the town, and we waited about 2 hoursfor a car, nothing doing (small town, 3 cars in the fleet it seemed). The woman at the dealer located another enterprise in Goshen and we picked it up and resumed the trip. After 11 1/2 hours I am in Buffalo, hoping that I can have a Visa experiance

Taurus Transmission - $2850.89

Rental Car - $ 267.35

Tickets to game - $80.00

Hats/Cowbell - $73.72

Bills win and get in -Priceless

Sorry had to vent

We leave Long Island at 10:30, cruise traffic free upstate, getting over the bridges in record time, we are travelling in my conversion van and my wife's 2000 Taurus. My 16 year old son is coming to see his first NFL game live (more importantly his first Bills tailgate)

The Taurus was bought from her Mom with 28K on it. As we pass through the EZpass lane on 87 North at Woddbury, the transmission completely revolted. Car is now dead.

We get towed to the nearest Ford dealer, they inform us after an hour wait, that yes the patient has died, and no, our warranty doesn't cover it. cost $2850.

The people were very nice and said we could wait till maybe today, maybe monday for the car. I told them we were headed up for the game , so they said ok, get a rental and we will help. The girl was great she located an Enterprise in the town, and we waited about 2 hoursfor a car, nothing doing (small town, 3 cars in the fleet it seemed). The woman at the dealer located another enterprise in Goshen and we picked it up and resumed the trip. After 11 1/2 hours I am in Buffalo, hoping that I can have a Visa experiance

Taurus Transmission  - $2850.89

Rental Car                - $ 267.35

Tickets to game          - $80.00

Hats/Cowbell              - $73.72

Bills win and get in      -Priceless

184898[/snapback]

What are you worried about? You still have CowBell to pull you through. Give it a few extra clangs and things will be OK! :doh:

Ouch - dealership for repairs?

I had a 96 Taurus that needed a new Tranny. I got it rebuilt for $1600... But, yeah... a new one would have ran me about $2500.

Got rid of that car since.

All I have to say is that is is obvious your car has a fever.... and there is only ONE prescription.

What are you worried about?  You still have CowBell to pull you through.  Give it a few extra clangs and things will be OK! :)

184908[/snapback]

My heart just dropped!!, Until now, I didnt even think of going to Aamco or a transmission guy, we has assumed we were covered and we were towed to the dealer, :doh::)

I wish I had thought about that......damn