SIXERS!!!!

*VICTORY DANCE!!!!!* :thumbsup:

Gotta enjoy this one while it lasts, cause I don't think we'll make it past the Celts...but that being said, well done boys!!

I have to admit I "lol'd" today when I was listening to Anthony Gargano on WIP. He had on a radio guy from Chicago who said he was advising the Bulls coach on strategy...his plan was basically to let Iguodala take as many shots as possible and the Bulls would surely win. AI2's percentage is horrible, but I admit I'm a fan...and he loves playing in Philly. There's no way we win a game if Rose was playing, but still...this team is young and scrappy and I like the direction we're going in.

Gotta enjoy this one while it lasts, cause I don't think we'll make it past the Celts...but that being said, well done boys!!

I have to admit I "lol'd" today when I was listening to Anthony Gargano on WIP. He had on a radio guy from Chicago who said he was advising the Bulls coach on strategy...his plan was basically to let Iguodala take as many shots as possible and the Bulls would surely win. AI2's percentage is horrible, but I admit I'm a fan...and he loves playing in Philly. There's no way we win a game if Rose was playing, but still...this team is young and scrappy and I like the direction we're going in.

Bring it on!!!!! :devil:

I dont think they win if noah was playing last night...chicago seemed to completely disrupt them and didnt give them anything inside. Be interesting to see what kind of strategy Collins comes up with against the Celtics

Congrats to the Sixers! Haters will try to say it doesn't mean much w/o Rose, but Chicago put together a pretty nice record (somewhere around .667 I think) while Rose was injured during the regular season.

In the NBA, in particular, the regular season and playoffs are very different. My Celtics have fared very well against the Heat in the regular season...not so much in the playoffs. When you are playing, and preparing to play the same team for two weeks straight, it is harder to get an edge on team, unless you are just better. For whatever reason the 76ers beat the Bulls, you have to give Doug Collins and his squad credit. After a surprisingly great start, they kind of backed their way into the playoffs, but were prepared to pounce on an opportunity when it presented itself against the Bulls.

A Texas size Congrats to the Sixers!!

Bring it on!!!!! :devil:

lol, I just hope the Sixers put up a respectable fight...Celts obviously are battle tested with far more post season experience...but we play good team D and have some talent. I don't watch much hoops during the regular season, but I LOVE the NBA playoffs :thumbsup:

A Texas size Congrats to the Sixers!!

Philly teams having solid years...just wish we could get one of them over the top! It'll probably be the one Philly team I don't care for - the Phillies - who will win it all lol.

lol, I just hope the Sixers put up a respectable fight...Celts obviously are battle tested with far more post season experience...but we play good team D and have some talent. I don't watch much hoops during the regular season, but I LOVE the NBA playoffs :thumbsup:

The C's are definitely more experienced, and know how to win in the playoffs...what Kevin Garnett did last night was, honeslty, astounding.

The problem the Celtics have right now, is consistancy. I don't see all their games during the regular season, but I would venture to guess, I saw, at least half of them, if not a little more...when they were good in this series against the Hawks, they looked better than they had all year...but, then, they always have at least one quarter per game, where they just can't get anything right...they will be on fire, shooting, and just go completely cold, as a unit...I suppose that happens to every team, most games...but it is hard to watch...a hungry team, like the 76ers, if they paly it right, can rip the game away from the C's during one of those down periods...Hawks came close to doing it to them last night, but Garnett just found his youth again...and Rondo is sneaky good. Pierce and Allen can be dominant offensively, or just diappear at times...but they never stop palying defense.

What the Celtics can always rely on though, is their defense. They are a poor rebounding team, but play pretty tenacious D, 1-12...they have to, to be on this team. Even Ray Allen, the sharp shooter, will go all out...I think the Celtics will win...but it isn't going to be a sweep...it will go 6 games, maybe even 7. I wouldn't be surprised to see Philly blow the Celtics out in one of the first two games...but the Celtics always respond.

I love the playoffs as well! Good luck!

Edited by Buftex

The C's are definitely more experienced, and know how to win in the playoffs...what Kevin Garnett did last night was, honeslty, astounding.

The problem the Celtics have right now, is consistancy. I don't see all their games during the regular season, but I would venture to guess, I saw, at least half of them, if not a little more...when they were good in this series against the Hawks, they looked better than they had all year...but, then, they always have at least one quarter per game, where they just can't get anything right...they will be on fire, shooting, and just go completely cold, as a unit...I suppose that happens to every team, most games...but it is hard to watch...a hungry team, like the 76ers, if they paly it right, can rip the game away from the C's during one of those down periods...Hawks came close to doing it to them last night, but Garnett just found his youth again...and Rondo is sneaky good. Pierce and Allen can be dominant offensively, or just diappear at times...but they never stop palying defense.

What the Celtics can always rely on though, is their defense. They are a poor rebounding team, but play pretty tenacious D, 1-12...they have to, to be on this team. Even Ray Allen, the sharp shooter, will go all out...I think the Celtics will win...but it isn't going to be a sweep...it will go 6 games, maybe even 7. I wouldn't be surprised to see Philly blow the Celtics out in one of the first two games...but the Celtics always respond.

I love the playoffs as well! Good luck!

Good luck to you, as well! I have a ton of respect for the Celtics...if the Sixers can't win it all, I hope you guys do. :thumbsup:

Wow, take THAT Celts! I still don't think we'll win the series, but we're gonna go down fightin' dammit

What a win for Philly! But can they stop Garnett?

Great game for the 76'ers. It was an ugly game, to be sure, looked more like a Flyers/Bruins game at times...Pierce and Allen have been mostly invisible since the second game against Atlanta...I assume they will wake up at some point...I know people hate Garnett, but I am damn proud of the way he has been playing...I thought, for such a physical game, there were some awfully ticky-tacky fouls on the Celtics down the stretch...Dick Stockton said that Doug Collins had been in the refs ear all night, about Garnett setting illegal screens, so why do they wait until the waning seconds of the game to call one? Funny things is, Garnett had his feet planted and didn't move them...questionable call...but that is the NBA. Sheesh! :P

This is going to be a tough series for whoever wins...if the 76ers can keep up the defensive intensity, they could knock of the Celtics...but honestly, I saw the Celtics having a stinker in one of these first two games at home...can't wait until Wednesday!

Great game for the 76'ers. It was an ugly game, to be sure, looked more like a Flyers/Bruins game at times...Pierce and Allen have been mostly invisible since the second game against Atlanta...I assume they will wake up at some point...I know people hate Garnett, but I am damn proud of the way he has been playing...I thought, for such a physical game, there were some awfully ticky-tacky fouls on the Celtics down the stretch...Dick Stockton said that Doug Collins had been in the refs ear all night, about Garnett setting illegal screens, so why do they wait until the waning seconds of the game to call one? Funny things is, Garnett had his feet planted and didn't move them...questionable call...but that is the NBA. Sheesh! :P

This is going to be a tough series for whoever wins...if the 76ers can keep up the defensive intensity, they could knock of the Celtics...but honestly, I saw the Celtics having a stinker in one of these first two games at home...can't wait until Wednesday!

I've always liked KG actually...I'm probably in the minority in terms of sixers fans, but I enjoy watching him play. We're definitly not going to out-shoot you guys, so we need to rely on hustle and solid D. I'm proud of the win tonight even though I only saw part of the game. Looking forward to the series moving back to Jan Brady town, baby!!! :thumbsup:

:devil: Celtics always answer when they lose...Sixers had me sweating it out late first, early second, but the sleeping giant has been awaken...as cliche as it is, the Celtics define the "heart of a champion" axiom. Garnett had another awesome game, as did Rondo...put Paul Pierce, IMO, was the one who forced his will onto the game, before it got away from them...so proud of this team...I wish all my sports teams had the same character.