Ohio State....

No one bothers to chase rouge Boosters on a Penn St. team that goes 3-8 every year.

They figure that's punishment enough.

184772[/snapback]

Rogue boosters, my arse...

I'll bet by the time this thing is done, there's gonna be a whole lot of heads rolling in Columbus.

Didn't you hear the report that had Tressel on the phone, looking for goodies for his athletes?

Did you see that Buckeye Alamo Bowl win over Okla. St. last night. 33-7. What a killing ! Woohoo !

Did you hear the reports that reports must be verified and rumors don't give a University the recruiting death penalty ? I'll just watch and let things sort out. I'm sure many violations are true and that's up to the NCAA to conduct their investigation.

Did you see that Buckeye Alamo Bowl win over Okla. St. last night. 33-7. What a killing ! Woohoo ! 

Did you hear the reports that reports must be verified and rumors don't give a University the recruiting death penalty ?  I'll just watch and let things sort out. I'm sure many violations are true and that's up to the NCAA to conduct their investigation.

184788[/snapback]

I'm sure Michigan fans everywhere are holding their breath in pent-up ecstasy.

now if only THAT program would get dinged, too.....MWAHAHAHHAAAAAA!

:doh:

Something's fishy in Chuckeye land. Say waht you will about JoePa, but I'll guarantee this kinda shite isn't going on on his watch.

Classy org they got ther in o-HI-o.... :doh:

184760[/snapback]

Whattya got? A rogue booster gave money to Troy Smith. Both knew it was a violation, they did it anyway. As soon as OSU finds out and verifies, they suspend Smith, their starting quarterback, for the bowl game at least. This "big story" which ESPN broke yesterday, was in the local news in Columbus on Monday.

Whattya got?  A rogue booster gave money to Troy Smith.  Both knew it was a violation, they did it anyway.  As soon as OSU finds out and verifies, they suspend Smith, their starting quarterback, for the bowl game at least.  This "big story" which ESPN broke yesterday, was in the local news in Columbus on Monday.

184847[/snapback]

I heard something on ESPN the Radio this AM, but didn't catch the whole thing about Tressel actually COORDINATING these exchanges between boosters and players.

if true, they're in deep doo doo.

I heard something on ESPN the Radio this AM, but didn't catch the whole thing about Tressel actually COORDINATING these exchanges between boosters and players.

if true, they're in deep doo doo.

184854[/snapback]

I don't believe Tressel has any complicity - if he does he will be fired by the Board of Trustees. As for AD Andy Geiger, he is 66 and his contract is up in June '05. He has been talking about retirement for a couple of years, so it is unlikely he would be here after June '05 under any circumstances. For every a**hole booster stupid enough to do this there are 10,000 ready to wring his neck for the damage done to the perception of the program. OSU will do what it has always done, self-report, self-sanction, cooperate with the NCAA and deal with the results of the investigation, good or bad. As far as the pilers-on like like that dink Trev Alberts, they can kiss my scarlet and gray butt.

I believe it was Jason Taylor who once joked on Dan Patrick's radio show that he ended up going to Akron instead of Ohio St because he "actually wanted to go to class".

All kidding (maybe) aside, Clarett's a whiny, spoiled brat. He's probably right about the stuff that's going on there, but that still doesn't vindicate him at all.

I believe it was Jason Taylor who once joked on Dan Patrick's radio show that he ended up going to Akron instead of Ohio St because he "actually wanted to go to class".

All kidding (maybe) aside, Clarett's a whiny, spoiled brat. He's probably right about the stuff that's going on there, but that still doesn't vindicate him at all.

184871[/snapback]

Went to Akron because OSU never offered him a scholarship. They missed on that one.

This stuff happens at most division one schools in the country. I have two cousins, one went to Syracuse and the other to Pitt on athletic scholarships. They both have told me stories similar to Clarett's. Who cares, its not like we don't know its the development league for the NFL.