Dorin Dickerson

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/05/bills-trying-out-2010-combine-freak-dorin-dickerson/

"Former Pitt tight end/receiver Dorin Dickerson generated pre-draft buzz when he ripped up the 2010 NFL Combine, running a 4.4-flat forty-yard dash with a 42-inch vertical at 226 pounds. But Dickerson has made no on-field contributions since, bouncing between practice squads and having yet to record a reception.

The Buffalo Bills are going to kick his tires."

The primary story… Pittsburgh area kid so they broke the story.

Former 7th rounder… presumably played under Wanny:

http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/1330315-85/dickerson-bills-pitt-tryout-2010-allegheny-buffalo-choice-dorin-draft

Yep. From Wanny's bio on Pitt Panthers' website:

"Over the past two seasons, Pitt has produced 19 wins, the second highest total in the Big East Conference and among the top 25 nationally.

On an individual level, Pitt players again were recognized among the very best in all of college football. Tight end Dorin Dickerson earned first team All-America honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), the third player in the past four seasons under Wannstedt to earn that prestigious accolade."

I think they're looking at him as a receiver, b/c he's light for a tight end.

Edited by Astrobot

Yep. From Wanny's bio on Pitt Panthers' website:

"Over the past two seasons, Pitt has produced 19 wins, the second highest total in the Big East Conference and among the top 25 nationally.

On an individual level, Pitt players again were recognized among the very best in all of college football. Tight end Dorin Dickerson earned first team All-America honors from the Football Writers Association of America (FWAA), the third player in the past four seasons under Wannstedt to earn that prestigious accolade."

I think they're looking at him as a receiver, b/c he's light for a tight end.

^^^

This

He's not playing TE in the NFL at 6'4" 225. I do like that they're taking a look at the guy though. Our rookie mini-camp is going to resemble a carnival side-show. All they're missing is a two headed goat, and I'd pay 3 dollars to take a peek.

Too small for TE, maybe doesn't run good enough routes for WR- the Bills have had some success turning WRs into safeties- Dickerson played some LB in college and might be a good fit for the safety/LB hybrid position of Byron Scott.

With a name like Dickerson he'll fit right in with Wood & Levitre.

:worthy:

Too small for TE, maybe doesn't run good enough routes for WR- the Bills have had some success turning WRs into safeties- Dickerson played some LB in college and might be a good fit for the safety/LB hybrid position of Byron Scott.

Oh toast, I hope not...enough with the projects already, I want players who can already play the positions we slot them at.