Jason Peters

Yoho

I realize everyone has fallen in love with this guys height, weight and speed but let us look at the evidence.

1. NO ONE drafted him. Every scout that looked at him took a pass.

2. The team that did take a look at him cut him at the first opportunity.

There is something that doesn't show up in the draft guides folks. Either he is incapable of learning the intracacies of a pro system, he has no work ethic or there is something else going on that worries all the scouts and the Bills.

Some guys are just draft guide wonders but are not football players. That is why I rarely get carried away with draft guide rankings.

I realize everyone has fallen in love with this guys height, weight and speed but let us look at the evidence.

1.  NO ONE drafted him.  Every scout that looked at him took a pass.

2.  The team that did take a look at him cut him at the first opportunity.

There is something that doesn't show up in the draft guides folks.  Either he is incapable of learning the intracacies of a pro system, he has no work ethic or there is something else going on that worries all the scouts and the Bills.

Some guys are just draft guide wonders but are not football players.  That is why I rarely get carried away with draft guide rankings.

13382[/snapback]

We're from WNY. We like big fat guys (well, except Mike Williams). Sue us. <_<

I'm sure his wonderlic score of 8(!!!!), is part of the reason. I heard one of the coaches interviewed this summer say something to the effect of him being physicaly talented, but can't remember what we're telling him to do. (Not an exact quote, but the idea is there).

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Todd Collins. Rob Johnson. Eric Flowers.

We KNOW already. Heck, ROTHLISBERGER got drafted ahead of Losman...

Who knows? <_<

1.  NO ONE drafted him.  Every scout that looked at him took a pass.

2.  The team that did take a look at him cut him at the first opportunity.

There is something that doesn't show up in the draft guides folks.  Either he is incapable of learning the intracacies of a pro system, he has no work ethic or there is something else going on that worries all the scouts and the Bills.

Some guys are just draft guide wonders but are not football players.  That is why I rarely get carried away with draft guide rankings.

13382[/snapback]

Exactly. You hope somebody with his numbers(no I am not referring to his Wonderlic score), would be someone you can work with and develop. You bring him in, take a look and hope you find a diamond in the rough. It's clear by the fact that he did not make it beyond the first cutdown that it is unlikely that he will be on the practice squad.

You took a shot at a UDFA and missed. No big deal. Cutting him won't be the thing that everybody remembers MM for. We will be fine for several years to come with Campbell, Neufeld & Euhus. Who knows maybe even Trafford is the TE who ends up on the practice squad and turns out to be the diamond in the rough. Onward!

I'm sure his wonderlic score of 8(!!!!), is part of the reason. I heard one of the coaches interviewed this summer say something to the effect of him being physicaly talented, but can't remember what we're telling him to do. (Not an exact quote, but the idea is there).

13389[/snapback]

I think there were at least 2 MM PC transcripts where Mularkey - when asked about Peters, gave very PC responses like 'needs to get into the book more' etc. - I think intelligence may have played a big role - but for something like that you would think PS would be the cure - unless they just consider him hopeless in that regard. It may have been a combination of attitude as well.