Bills Depth

Not according to this recource: http://www.nyjetscap...s/bills2012.php

We'd save about $5mil releasing Merriman. But, imo, he's worth keeping around regardless.

I think that site is wrong.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24815/shawne-merriman-thrilled-with-bills

Tim Graham reports that $3 mil of his 4 mil salary this season is guaranteed and they already paid him a 1 mil roster bonus a month or two ago. I would trust that a lot more.

I think that site is wrong.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/24815/shawne-merriman-thrilled-with-bills

Tim Graham reports that $3 mil of his 4 mil salary this season is guaranteed and they already paid him a 1 mil roster bonus a month or two ago. I would trust that a lot more.

Oh, I definitely trust the ESPN articles, and Tim Graham, over what looks to be a Jets fan board. But Im not sure either site clears it up as to exactly how much we could save by releasing him. I was surprised that the site I linked had it at $5mil+.

Either way, I'm in favor of bringing them all into camp and letting the strongest survive. This team needs competition, AND a deep talented DL will only help make out OL better too. :thumbsup:

It is too early to cut more players... After June 1st many teams will be adjusting their rosters including the Bills. I do feel now that Jackson is re-signed that Byrd and Levitre are next in line to get re-signed early. It may mean letting one or two of the higher paid and older defensive players go earlier than thought...

The four backups on the D-line are presently thought to be Kelsay, Troup, Carrington and Merriman... Everyone but Kelsay was brought in by Nix and Nix did re-sign Kelsay... He likes him... So the others may go... Time will tell.

Oh, I definitely trust the ESPN articles, and Tim Graham, over what looks to be a Jets fan board. But Im not sure either site clears it up as to exactly how much we could save by releasing him. I was surprised that the site I linked had it at $5mil+.

Either way, I'm in favor of bringing them all into camp and letting the strongest survive. This team needs competition, AND a deep talented DL will only help make out OL better too. :thumbsup:

You can't add 1 to 3, reach 4, and then subtract 4 from 5? ;)

His contract is about 5 million for this season, 4 in salary and 1 in roster bonus. 3 of the 4 in salary is fully guaranteed. The 1 mil bonus has already been paid. We could have saved 2 mil by cutting him before the bonus was paid, but now we only save 1 mil if we release him.

Edited by Kelly the Dog

You can't add 1 to 3, reach 4, and then subtract 4 from 5? ;)

His contract is about 5 million for this season, 4 in salary and 1 in roster bonus. 3 of the 4 in salary is fully guaranteed. The 1 mil bonus has already been saved. We could have saved 2 mil by cutting him before the bonus was paid, but now we only save 1 mil if we release him.

Hmmm... Let me consult some of my old Calc text books and get back to you. :thumbsup: