Will Moats make the team?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see he's listed (at least for now) as an OLB. Does he have the talent/athleticism to drop into coverage?

That's the question.

Moats actually has decent straight line speed and quickness but to play the kind of LB that Wanny wants, he'll need to improve his movement skills.

He might be handicapped by having been a college DE and in any case, he might not be a good enough athlete to play LB in the NFL.

We shall see.

Good post Turbo.

I too think Kelsay will be the Week 1 starter opposite Mario. I think he'll split time with Anderson throughout the year, but Kelsay will defiitely be a player this year. His depth will be the reason why he doesn't get cut. Its nice having a position of strength instead of one of weakness for once.

If Kelsay could play RDE it would solve some problems, but I think that he will have trouble making the switch. I think Anderson will start at RDE and play most of the snaps. Bills may think about pulling Dareus or K Williams in obvious passing downs, dropping M Williams down to DT and lining Kelsay (or Merriman) up as the other DE. Other than that I see Kelsay's playing time as way down, which is too bad because he's the third best DE on the team right now.

If Kelsay could play RDE it would solve some problems, but I think that he will have trouble making the switch. I think Anderson will start at RDE and play most of the snaps. Bills may think about pulling Dareus or K Williams in obvious passing downs, dropping M Williams down to DT and lining Kelsay (or Merriman) up as the other DE. Other than that I see Kelsay's playing time as way down, which is too bad because he's the third best DE on the team right now.

RELEASE THE HOUNDS!!!

Based on what we know now and until we know otherwise, Kelsay would seem to be the 2nd string LDE and would work as part of a platoon system. If Merriman is healthy, I see him starting over Anderson. Big if though. Love the idea of sliding Mario over to DT and getting another edge rusher on the field, but damn, it's hard to take MD or KW off the field, too.

Nice problem for the coaches to have. Some guys just aren't going to make the team. Kelsay may indeed get caught in the numbers game.

GO BILLS!!!

I seriously want Moats and Batten to make the team but i think it's finally come to the point that the Bills have upgraded their talent (finally) that it might make promising players such as the Moats and Batten expendable. I really hated even thinking or writing that. I like these guys a hell of a lot but the team must be upgraded every year at every position and I think they'll have a tough time hanging on this year or next. If they improve to make them worthy to stay on then the better for the team!!

As much as we like players, bottom line, the team needs to be always improving.

I think a lot depends on Merriman this training camp. If he gets hurt or cannot go full tilt, I see Moats making the team as a situational pass rusher.