Obama's New Campaign ad

The issue here is honesty. I'm not so naive to think that politicians don't slant things, but a line has to be drawn somewhere. Everything Obama does is about him. Nothing seems off limits. He's arrogant enough to spend ridiculous amounts on his own recreation during these economic times, and partisan enough to say or do anything to further his reelection. He is not the President of all of the U.S. He's the President of his base and those that can get him over the top for his second term. I truly believe that he would sacrifice the welfare of the U.S. for his own ambitions. It's not that I just disagree with him about policy but that his standards are written in invisible ink and can only be seen under his own little blacklight.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And then there's this from that article:

Mr Obama has faced criticism even from allies about his decision to make a campaign ad about the bin Laden raid. Arianna Huffington, an outspoken liberal who runs the left-leaning Huffington Post website, roundly condemned it.

She told CBS: ‘We should celebrate the fact that they did such a great job. It's one thing to have an NBC special from the Situation Room... all that to me is perfectly legitimate, but to turn it into a campaign ad is one of the most despicable things you can do.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2137636/SEALs-slam-Obama-using-ammunition-bid-credit-bin-Laden-killing-election-campaign.html#ixzz1tZvXQ7sV

And this:

‘In years to come there is going to be information that will come out that Obama was not the man who made the call. He can say he did and the people who really know what happened are inside the Pentagon, are in the military and the military isn’t allowed to speak out against the commander- in-chief so his secret is safe.’

Imagine...a President giving operational control to the operational commander at the scene. That actually makes me feel better about the whole thing.

Me too. Why is not following in LBJ/McNamara's footsteps is a bad thing?

Newsflash...people throw elbows in politics. Republicans always relied on the foreign policy / military issue as an asset. Now that Obama has taken that away from them they're calling foul. If the mission had failed, Republicans would have been screaming for investigations and saying how Obama was another Jimmy Carter. He made the tough call, it succeeded, and now people need to be reminded of where we were in Iraq and with al Quida before Obama took office, and where we are now.

But, that's what happened anyway. :lol:

The only thing the people who matter will take away from this: "Of course I would have given the order. Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order".

Bam. Knockout. That's the end of this news story. It ends with scoffing at the ad, story, the question posed, and anybody trying to use it....and it comes with an Obama = Carter kicker.

The winner of all of this: Yet again, Romney. I don't know if somebody loaded him up with his response, or if he did it on his own. If it's the latter, then the concerns about Romney in the debate?

The only flaw was he stuttered a bit...which makes me think somebody gave it to him.

People said he can't run on his record and would resort to games and detractions.... he starts to run on something substantial on his record and people are up in arms?

I don't understand?

People seem to feel National Security is pretty important, it appears so does Barack Obama.

So it's run on your record, but then you are spiking the ball by running on your record?

Some of yourguys are just as bad as Supier Liberals who said they would leave the country if Bush won a second term, only the target has changed.... LOL

As I said, the only thing that matters now is: Obama's campaign was soundly beaten, again, by Romney's. "Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order" :lol: That's a multi-layered beat down. It's rare you can hit the candidate, his party, their ideology and their legacy all in one sentence. :lol: And they just served it up...they made it easy.

This keeps happening over and over. The Obama campaign needs to wise up and stop reaching being so desperate, and reaching. It's been causing them to make major mistakes.

This has nothing to do with anybody else but the Obama campaign. They're the ones who keep doing this. We just keep :lol: at it, because it's hysterical.

Me too. Why is not following in LBJ/McNamara's footsteps is a bad thing?

But, that's what happened anyway. :lol:

The only thing the people who matter will take away from this: "Of course I would have given the order. Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order".

Bam. Knockout. That's the end of this news story. It ends with scoffing at the ad, story, the question posed, and anybody trying to use it....and it comes with an Obama = Carter kicker.

The winner of all of this: Yet again, Romney. I don't know if somebody loaded him up with his response, or if he did it on his own. If it's the latter, then the concerns about Romney in the debate?

The only flaw was he stuttered a bit...which makes me think somebody gave it to him.

Romney came off as a jackass as usual.

Plus, he said he wouldn't have wasted millions/billions of dollars going after one man. Changed his tune once again I see.

Edited by fjl2nd

To be honest, it's fair game for him to do this. What makes it embarrassing is that he had to first announce that we don't need to spike the football, right before we start to spike the football.

Can we put "spike the football" in context though? If I remember correctly I believe he was referring to releasing the pictures of OBL after he had been killed. I don't believe he was talking about bragging rights.

Not that that really changes much. Any president would have made the same decision. The difference is how would they have made it. Air strike? or surgical strike. Obama chose surgical.

And any president would be using this to their advantage in their re-election bid.

1335828258[/url]' post='2454098']

You're not listening. It's fine to "spike the ball" about killing UBL, even after you said you wouldn't. (Essentially) Claiming your rival wouldn't have because of a sentence taken out of context isn't okay. So he gets a flag for excessively inappropriate celebration.

Exactly. I expect the celebration. Atthe same time, saying Romney wouldn't have makes him look stupid.

As I said, the only thing that matters now is: Obama's campaign was soundly beaten, again, by Romney's. "Even Jimmy Carter would have given that order" :lol: That's a multi-layered beat down. It's rare you can hit the candidate, his party, their ideology and their legacy all in one sentence. :lol: And they just served it up...they made it easy.

This keeps happening over and over. The Obama campaign needs to wise up and stop reaching being so desperate, and reaching. It's been causing them to make major mistakes.

This has nothing to do with anybody else but the Obama campaign. They're the ones who keep doing this. We just keep :lol: at it, because it's hysterical.

Romney better grow some thicker skin... they are already calling foul and the 2012 election campaign is still in polite mode.... I can't wait till it gets dirty, and right about October 1 America will finally tune in and get all full of election time furvor... all of the sudden everybody will be diggin in their positions, and most of them couldn't name the VP of the incumbent or challenger... LOL....

Plus, he said he wouldn't have wasted millions/billions of dollars going after one man. Changed his tune once again I see.

Thank god he said that. It's a colossal waste of money to chase one guy when it's easier to pick off his generals. But if Romney knew where OBL was, he'd kill him. Pretty simple.

Going into Iraq was a worse mistake, but that was the last election cycle.

Obama Suffers From Early Onset Romney Derangement Syndrome

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2012/05/01/obama-suffers-from-early-onset-romney-derangement-syndrome/

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I keep getting the sense that Obama is going to go into full retard meltdown before this is over. If he's smart, he'll remember an important rule: never go full retard.

Wasn't Romney's response. It was Donald Rumsfeld's. And he should have said "...should follow..."

Ah, Rummy, Romney, who can tell these woman hating, evil corporation loving, non dog eaters apart these days?

:oops:

Another self-inflicted wound by Barack Obama.

Nothing he does works!

He could have taken the high-road by being a statesman but for some dumb reason he and his campaign dragged Mitt Romney into it - when he didn't have to.

Many have called the decision to kill Osama Bin Laden that night a year ago as a "no-brainer".

A no-brainer that even Jimmy Carter could have gotten right!

Obama is an idiot and he has idiots running his reelection campaign.

Another self-inflicted wound by Barack Obama.

Nothing he does works!

He could have taken the high-road by being a statesman but for some dumb reason he and his campaign dragged Mitt Romney into it - when he didn't have to.

Many have called the decision to kill Osama Bin Laden that night a year ago as a "no-brainer".

A no-brainer that even Jimmy Carter could have gotten right!

Obama is an idiot and he has idiots running his reelection campaign.

I think the President will find that it is infinitely harder to run as the incumbant than as a challenger, simply because an incumbant has a body of work to examine/criticize. Or lack of one, either way, it is much easier to attack without having to defend...