Is it Too Soon to Say...Good Job!

Lurker

Director of Player Personnel Doug Whaley and Director of College Scouting Chuck Cook--nice draft board for a pair of "rookies."

(Gee, I sort of remember this tingly feeling I used to get after the draft back in the late'80s...)

On paper it looks good, but every team in the league is happy right now. Let's talk about it in 3 or 4 years.

No doubt. But these picks are "that's the ticket" prospects that you don't get the impression were picked out of a draft guide.

Smart, tough, battle tested kids that played against some of the best competition in the country and shouldn't be intimidated about playing on Sundays. It's a welcome feeling, even if there's a lot of football to be played before we know what we truely have...

On paper it looks good, but every team in the league is happy right now. Let's talk about it in 3 or 4 years.

yes and no. i am an eternal optimist but there were a few recent drafts i haven't felt real good about. having said that, i love this draft...linebackers and o-line! competition and depth, somehow, someway, we will be better because of this draft.

What impresses me most about this group is that they're taking players that fit their system. They're not like the prior goofballs that drafted guys because they thought they were good, the Bills have measurables that they've defined as being important and that's how they're building their draft board.

I'm impressed with the work the entire organization put in.