Reuben Randle

Ive been thinking a lot about the shrinking possibility of getting Michael Floyd so I have spent some time researching the other receivers in this draft. I think that a lot of people are under the assumption that we can get a starter in the 3rd or 4th round but I am not one of those. So anyways after looking at tape of Floyd, Blackmon, Wright, Hill, Jeffrey, Quick, Sanu, and Givens I wasn't really crazy about the prospects that were projected to be late 1sts early 2nd round picks either for our offense or skill. Randle was different. He really stuck out compared to the other players in terms of not only ceiling but ability to play out of the gate. I really think that he could come in much like floyd and day one be our #2. Not only that but he has the ability unlike most receivers to be a stud and potential #2. He's fast, has good hands, and runs good routes. He actually reminds me a lot of Floyd but has worse qb play and better competition. I still prefer Floyd to him but I actually think this draft could pay off even more then taking floyd in the 1st.

So anyway heres what I propose.

At 10 either take Kuechly or Gilmore: Fills an immediate need on defense and both can start immediately.

Trade picks 41 and 105 for the pick 33 (Colts 2nd rounder) and draft Reuben Randle.

3rd: Draft either position we didnt fill in the 1st or Best tackle available.

4th: Draft whatever we didnt get.

5th: Nick Foles or Ryan Lindley-both have excellent tools and have steadily improved. Good size and will be good projects for Lee.

5th: Tackle or Corner Depth

6-7th B.P.A

I'd be all for trading up for Randle. I think he's the 3rd best Wr in the draft behind Blackmon and Floyd and could start opposite Stevie week 1. Good size and great run after the catch ability. Playing with Jefferson as his qb has big his biggest issue. If he were playing with rg3 or luck all these years, I believe he'd be a sure fire top 20 pick, if not higher. The problem with your scenario is, there's a good chance he won't be available when the colts pick....and if he was, I can't see why the colts wouldn't draft him. They're in desperate need for playmakers.

I'd be all for trading up for Randle. I think he's the 3rd best Wr in the draft behind Blackmon and Floyd and could start opposite Stevie week 1. Good size and great run after the catch ability. Playing with Jefferson as his qb has big his biggest issue. If he were playing with rg3 or luck all these years, I believe he'd be a sure fire top 20 pick, if not higher. The problem with your scenario is, there's a good chance he won't be available when the colts pick....and if he was, I can't see why the colts wouldn't draft him. They're in desperate need for playmakers.

then maybe we trade with the giants.

I thought we're trading back into the 1st so we can draft Stephen Hill. C'mon, Hill supporters wake up. BTW where are all the Alshon Jeffery people?

Buddy has been consistent on at least two points regarding this draft: (1) DE talent is weak (hence our bold FA moves); and (2) there is depth at WR--which is why we won't be trading up to grab Randle or any other WR. Fleener is the only player I'd trade up for. You give Fitzpatrick Floyd and Fleener to complement Stevie, Freddie/CJ , Chandler and you've got some nice, young talent at the skill positions on offense.

1335244313[/url]' post='2444135']

I thought we're trading back into the 1st so we can draft Stephen Hill. C'mon, Hill supporters wake up. BTW where are all the Alshon Jeffery people?

Buddy has been consistent on at least two points regarding this draft: (1) DE talent is weak (hence our bold FA moves); and (2) there is depth at WR--which is why we won't be trading up to grab Randle or any other WR. Fleener is the only player I'd trade up for. You give Fitzpatrick Floyd and Fleener to complement Stevie, Freddie/CJ , Chandler and you've got some nice, young talent at the skill positions on offense.

True, but then we'd still have holes at LT, OLB and CB. I understand that we can't fill all of our needs in 1 draft (or can we?), but I'd prefer to wait for a TE rather than trade up for one. I think fleeners a good player, but he had the nations best qb, one of the best lines and running game in the nation. I think lots of guys would look good in his situation.

I'm a trade down kinda guy and barring some miracle we ain't got a partner to trade down with. As I indicated, there are plenty of big WRs so I don't see us trading up for Randle (maybe Hill, though i did have some fun mocking this very move). Fleener is intriguing because he would produce from day one but I think the Gronk/Hernandez flavor of the month is driving up the value of these TEs. Regardless of the target, trading up is going to cost us David or Wagner (our 2nd) and the BPA CB (e.g., Trumaine Johnson, Casey Hayward, Dwight Bentley). That's too rich for my blood!! Maybe next year we'll be ableto afford to make a move like this.

True, but then we'd still have holes at LT, OLB and CB. I understand that we can't fill all of our needs in 1 draft (or can we?), but I'd prefer to wait for a TE rather than trade up for one. I think fleeners a good player, but he had the nations best qb, one of the best lines and running game in the nation. I think lots of guys would look good in his situation.

and bingo was his name-o

I'm all for drafting Alshon Jeffery if he's there in the second round.

If we wait until the third round, I like Marvin McNutt.

For the love of God, stop the madness!! How many times does this team need to get burned by awful 'trade ups' for mediocre (or worse) players?!?!?

There are several WRs in the tier 2 group and If you want one of those that is available at #41, you take him. if not, you take the LB, or OT, or CB or whatever else you didn't address at #10 and look for a WR prospect deeper in the draft.