Anyone have draft experience?

mrags

Ok, I have previous experience with the 2 day draft as I was there as recent as 09. Does anyone here have experience with the new format, specifically round 1? I am going to be in the vacinity of NYC on Thursday night as I have work Friday morning. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how things worked last year. In 09 we had to show up the night before and wait in line for hours for a ticket. Just curious how that works now considering it's held primetime now. Being in a weekday I was hoping it wouldn't be as busy but I'm sure that's a pipedream. Is anyone going? Anyone go last year that can give me some I sight of when I need to show up to get tickets?

Thanks for your help.

Um. Bump for help.

While I have no insight or experience into how to attend the draft itself, here's a link to an offsite Bills Draft Party at McFadden's in NYC as organized by the NYC Buffalo Bills Backers. I'm old friends with one of the founding members of the nycbbb's thus I'm on the email list despite living far from NYC and having never set foot in McFadden's on game day. Maybe if you sign up for their newsletter and/or reach out to some of the members, you'll find some local intelligence from last year.

Good luck and Go Bills!

http://nycbbb.com/2012-emails/draft-party-11-years/

Hey mrags, I will be there this year. Actually the format has not changed at all. Your best bet will be to stand in line the night before Day 1 to get the wrist band.

I'm not that crazy about the draft being 3 days long.

So I recommend that you get to Radio City on Wednesday as early as you can, just to get an idea of how everything is being set up and if anyone is waiting in line. I would not be surprised if people are waiting at noon time.