Mock Draft, one week to go

Kaenon

I absolutely love Fletcher Cox as the first rounder, however, if there is a trade up scenario, it is for an OLT. The likely culprits are Mike Adams or possibly, Jonathan Martin at the end of round one/early round two! Personally, I say they don't trade and select OLT Kelechi Osemele at #41. Ideally, cornerback in round three is selected, oh say Casey Hayward. Wide receiver and OLB are good targets in the fourth round (Tank Carder and Keshawn Martin). After that spree, maybe doubling up on OT is a sound pick, say Donald Stephenson and additional help at CB like Omar Bolden rounds it out in the fifth round. Finally, QB with B.J. Coleman in round six and two remaining picks being DE Cordarro Law and TE Brad Smelley.

10.) DT Fletcher Cox

41.) OLT Kelechi Osemele

71.) CB Casey Hayward

105.) WR Keshawn Martin

124.) OLB Tank Carder

144.) OLT Donald Stephenson

147.) CB Omar Bolden

178.) QB B.J. Coleman

217.) TE Brad Smelley

251.) DE Cordarro Law

I could see why the Bills might take Fletcher Cox in round 1. I don't think they'll take Floyd because of his off-field issues (and I'll concede that he cleaned up his act as a senior) and because of the "depth" at WR. I don't think that any of the possible LTs are "worry-free" and the consensus of those "in the know" is that none of them are sure-fire LTs in the NFL - a lot of risk for the 10th pick, IMHO.

I think that there are enough questions about Gilmore and Kirkpatrick to persuade the Bills to go after a player at a lesser position of need, if they rate them much higher than Floyd, OT and CBs.

Why wouldn't they? They can't rely on having 5 starters, and NOTHING and I mean NOTHING to rotate in. Cox can play DT and DE. What happens if Kyle can't come back...plug in Heard or Troup....are you kidding me....then Mario will double-teamed. Also, Fletcher Cox is a BEAST.

I love the first 2 picks.

I don't think draftin' a stud DL would be a mistake. The Giants have flourished w/ their strategy of draftin' D linemen; they can consistently bring pressure by rotatin' players in.

The Bills can really go a number of ways w/ their pick and get a quality player. OL, WR, DL, LB, even DB (easy, William).

Here is my wish list:

#1 Kuechly

#2 Alshon Jeffery

#3 some big tackle

#4 Egnew

#4 Tank Carder

#5 Russell Wilson

#5 BPA

#6 BPA

#7 BPA

#7 BPA

I like this Draft, but I think a CB in the 4th would be more likely...I would like to see either Kuechly, Glenn, or Gilmore in the 1st...Jeffery, or Randall in the 2nd...Then fill in the needs that remain (from LT, CB, OLB) with the 3rd and first 4th... B-)

My dream scenario with a trade down and add a 2nd:

1. LT Glenn

2. WR Randle

2. LB David (think he falls to mid 2nd because he only fits OLB in 4-3 and not as many teams play or need that position)

3. CB Josh Robinson (Trumaine Johnson if Josh isn't there)

4. QB Russell Wilson (absolutely LOVE this kid)

4. BPA (OT James Brown, LB Tank Carder, DE Oliver Vernon)

5-7th depth...

What I think Nix will do if no trades:

1. CB Gilmore

2. LT Massie/Martin (think one of them falls)

3. WR Quick

4. QB Russell Wilson

4. LB Carder

5-7th depth