Did anybody else notice during the presser that...

I think the smirk was because he was kinda laughing at the so called experts that think Floyd is worthy of a top 10 pick.

I'll throw this out there... asied from Tim Brown and Deion Branch, what ND wide receiver has been worth 2 schitz. And, Branch is average.

Jeff Samardzija, but he pitches for the Cubs now.

Yeah I thought it was kinda suspicious, I'm guessing that based off that presser and what Nix has said about Keuchly (can play all 3 lb positions), it's gonna be either floyd or keuchly

Yeah I saw that too, Nix also finished off by saying they want to draft a "difference" maker, or "playmaker", at #10. My guess is that he is referring to Keuchly and Floyd.

ok then so much for decastro or any of the tackles for that matter...if we go by what Boodrow Nix says in that presser

I think the smirk was because he was kinda laughing at the so called experts that think Floyd is worthy of a top 10 pick.

I'll throw this out there... asied from Tim Brown and Deion Branch, what ND wide receiver has been worth 2 schitz. And, Branch is average.

Not to mention, of course, that Branch is from Louisville.

But anyways, Floyd was a man among boys. Even with inferior QBs and the other knowing that he was getting the ball, he couldn't be stopped.

Up until Weis took over the program was always run heavy. That tells the rest of the story as to why the Irish haven't produced many WRs.

Judging by reactions, I'd say that Floyd has been taken off of the draft board. They did not look like they were trying to conceal their 1st round pick but rather that they were trying to complement someone whom they were not considering at all.

I think they all turned to cook because Cook is the guy thats done all the leg work on Floyd

That's what I thought too. Maybe they were just trying to let everyone up there get involved. I definitely don't think it was rehearsed. I also don't think they would have so much hope invested in a player that is just as likely not to fall to them, that they would get flustered when asked about him.

When i first watched it several hours ago, i thought the reaction by the guys was different.

I just watched it again.

Whaley immediately turned and looked to Cook. A small smile on his face before they move the camera. It was not a "this is our guy and I'll blow this if I talk" smile. It was a "cake-eater" grin from Mighty Ducks.

Buddy, as only Buddy can do, said "I saw him, but I don't wanna talk about him." AKA - I watched and it was whatever.

Cook seemed like he was the guy who scouted him the most, and said some complimentary things about a young man who the Bills have little to no interest in drafting.

Just my opinion based on what I saw.

When i first watched it several hours ago, i thought the reaction by the guys was different.

I just watched it again.

Whaley immediately turned and looked to Cook. A small smile on his face before they move the camera. It was not a "this is our guy and I'll blow this if I talk" smile. It was a "cake-eater" grin from Mighty Ducks.

Buddy, as only Buddy can do, said "I saw him, but I don't wanna talk about him." AKA - I watched and it was whatever.

Cook seemed like he was the guy who scouted him the most, and said some complimentary things about a young man who the Bills have little to no interest in drafting.

Just my opinion based on what I saw.

I lean the same way in what was being portrayed. I won't claim if it is or isnt their true feelings, but it's no accident that's what they projected at the event. They knew 100% a Floyd question was, and what they wanted people to walk away thinking

You don't get to that level without being thoroughly prepared and having intent with everything you do. This was a draft interview a week out from the start, not a place they'd be caught off guard or unscripted.

A laughing pass, and an "I'm aware of the kid" type answer from the two decision makers before passing it down again isn't accidental - but we have no idea if it's serious.

Didn't Nix also say drafting at #10 the guy should be a starter right away. While that does not rule out Floyd - even though few rookie WR's contribute significantly let alone start - I don't think Kuechly starts right away. Merriman and Morrison have experience and I doubt he beats out Sheppard. He likely only gets time as a situational pass rusher for the first half of the season.

A LT drafted at #10 would be an immediate starter with Hairston being the swing tackle.

I'm not saying that is what is going to happen, just saying you can rationalize anything you want out of any comments, smirks, winks, head bobs, or slips of the tounge they make...