Run defense and the draft

Our run defense was awful again last year. It's been awful since Pat Williams left town. While watching games this year, I often wondered why teams even bother to throw the football against us. It seemed like they were doing us a favor.

Nothing has been done this off season to address this. Does anyone out there think naming Wanny as the DC will change this without a personnel upgrade?

There is a chance to upgrade the run D in a big way in the draft. Inasmuch as I feel Sheppard was a big part of the problem, my pick is Luke Kuechly of Boston College. Second to Von Miller for the Butkus award in 2010. Won it last year. Lead the NATION in tackles two years in a row. Good instincts. As a bonus, good in coverage too.

He will remind Wanny a bit of Zack Thomas and he will lobby Buddy for him. He should be the pick in round one.

Unless somehow Tannehill falls.

Our run defense was awful again last year. It's been awful since Pat Williams left town. While watching games this year, I often wondered why teams even bother to throw the football against us. It seemed like they were doing us a favor.

Nothing has been done this off season to address this. Does anyone out there think naming Wanny as the DC will change this without a personnel upgrade?

There is a chance to upgrade the run D in a big way in the draft. Inasmuch as I feel Sheppard was a big part of the problem, my pick is Luke Kuechly of Boston College. Second to Von Miller for the Butkus award in 2010. Won it last year. Lead the NATION in tackles two years in a row. Good instincts. As a bonus, good in coverage too.

He will remind Wanny a bit of Zack Thomas and he will lobby Buddy for him. He should be the pick in round one.

Really?

I think moving to a 4-3 defense will help this team. We never had the players for a 3-4. It was a square-peg-into-a-round-hole kinda deal. Having Dareus and Williams up the middle in a playmaking role, rather than an eat-up-blockers role will help just by itself. Additionally, with M. Williams, Merriman, Kelsay, Anderson, Barnett and Morrison setting the edge and keeping contain on the outside to funnel everything back inside or string plays to the boundary will help as well. All that being said, I love Keuchly and think he'd be a great player for the Bills. We need LBs that can play multiple positions and cover, so I would all for taking him at 10.

Umm, you must have just emerged from under a rock? Ask any other team if they would like a front four with Mario Williams, Kyle Williams, Marcel Dareus and Kelsey/Carrington/Mark Anderson...and I think they'd want a piece of that! Add Wanstache and life is looking good.

Edited by Green Lightning

:lol: