Early Bills-Steelers predictions

Madbuf -- Cowher has said in his press conf that he has the bye so that will be his week to heal.  I think Plax will get some plays. I don't think Ward will sit and Randel El is a great slot Receiver.  We need to get some guys into game speed again to see if they are ready for the playoffs.  I think you wil see Duce, Burress, Ward, Maddox (not Ben), and our starting defense with Scott in for Downsend at CB.  Haggins out and Harrison in his place.  Our second stringers have all played at one time or another this year.  We will not pull what the Iggles on Mon Night...

I'm sure you won't. But the guys who aren't playing won't allow your team to win. You're seriously overvaluing your team if you think they can line-up anyone and beat the Bills at home with the playoffs on the line.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure you won't.  But the guys who aren't playing won't allow your team to win.  You're seriously overvaluing your team if you think they can line-up anyone and beat the Bills at home with the playoffs on the line.

183500[/snapback]

I don't get the guys who don't play thing you said, but let's just compare records...

You lost to the Jets, the ravens, the pats, Jax and oakland. ALL teams we have beaten.

Your "GREAT" winning streak you are on you have beaten teams with a combined win pct of .336. WOW, what a run that is. You are now going up against the #1 defense in the league. We have people injured and others have stepped in to fill thier shoes. We wil have our starting CB back in Scott. Duce will be back. Our OL will still play. We have WON games (in the end does it matter by how much??) with MANY starters out. To qoute the emperor.. "It is YOU that are mistaken... About a GREAT many things..." ;)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Scribo  - Yup, I know your front 7 is good.  We have faced MANY good front 7's this year.  we are still the #2 ranked rushing team.  We have played the Jets, Baltimore (twice), pats, Eagles, washington, etc.  All teams that stated the same thing.  we have still controlled the ball well and run the ball effectively.  Krieder coming through the hole has seen Spikes many times.  I am sure he will have a gift for him.

Madbuf -- Cowher has said in his press conf that he has the bye so that will be his week to heal.  I think Plax will get some plays. I don't think Ward will sit and Randel El is a great slot Receiver.  We need to get some guys into game speed again to see if they are ready for the playoffs.  I think you wil see Duce, Burress, Ward, Maddox (not Ben), and our starting defense with Scott in for Downsend at CB.  Haggins out and Harrison in his place.  Our second stringers have all played at one time or another this year.  We will not pull what the Iggles on Mon Night...

183463[/snapback]

The whole game will rest on ONE thing- the matchup of Terrence McGee vs. Hines Ward/Plaxico Burress.

I have confidence in the ability of our recievers to get open in the Steelers secondary, BUT I am afraid that our running game will be less effective, about what it was against New England. Points will be at a premium in this game, but I think our offense will exploit the Steelers D just enough to eke out the win.

BTW, we are the #3 best defense in the league- you seem to forget that. The difference between our defense and your defense is miniscule... hence, the lack of Big Ben and the Bus will tip mthe scales in our favor.

Don't make the same mistake NE did in underestimating opponents... I SAW that Giants game in which you barely pulled it out, giving up 30 points! And that was with your vaunted starters. So, look out.. this game is going to be good. ;)

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I don't get the guys who don't play thing you said, but let's just compare records...

You lost to the Jets, the ravens, the pats, Jax and oakland.  ALL teams we have beaten.

Your "GREAT" winning streak you are on you have beaten teams with a combined win pct of .336.  WOW, what a run that is.  You are now going up against the #1 defense in the league.  We have people injured and others have stepped in to fill thier shoes.  We wil have our starting CB back in Scott.  Duce will be back.  Our OL will still play.  We have WON games (in the end does it matter by how much??) with MANY starters out.  To qoute the emperor.. "It is YOU that are mistaken... About a GREAT many things..." ;)

183518[/snapback]

OHHH, smart guy!! Who did YOU play this year???

CINCI twice vs. CINCI once(2-0, 1-0)

CLEVE twice vs. CLEVE once (2-0, 1-0)

BAL twice vs. BAL once (1-1, 0-1)

NE once vs. NE twice (1-0, 0-2)

MIA once vs. MIA twice (1-0, 2-0)

HMMMM!! Seems as if we are on track with you guys...!!!

Cut the crap... the proof is in the playoff pudding.

You lost to the Jets, the ravens, the pats, Jax and oakland.  ALL teams we have beaten.

Your "GREAT" winning streak you are on you have beaten teams with a combined win pct of .336.  WOW, what a run that is.  You are now going up against the #1 defense in the league.  We have people injured and others have stepped in to fill thier shoes.  We wil have our starting CB back in Scott.  Duce will be back.  Our OL will still play.  We have WON games (in the end does it matter by how much??) with MANY starters out.  To qoute the emperor.. "It is YOU that are mistaken... About a GREAT many things..." :blink:

Your defense is #1 by a whopping 100 yards over the Bills. That's basically the extra game the Steelers got to play against the Browns. And again, take a look at the teams you've squeaked-by over the past 4 weeks. I mean, 33-30 at the Giants?! Come on now. You've got a good team, but to expect them to beat the Bills with backups at a lot of positions and most of your difference-makers on offense is sheer fantasy. But I'll let Sunday's game speak for itself, after which I'm sure (if you dare come back) you'll say "well it was only against our backups." ;)

Your "GREAT" winning streak you are on you have beaten teams with a combined win pct of .336.  WOW, what a run that is.  You are now going up against the #1 defense in the league.  We have people injured and others have stepped in to fill thier shoes.  We wil have our starting CB back in Scott.  Duce will be back.  Our OL will still play.  We have WON games (in the end does it matter by how much??) with MANY starters out.  To qoute the emperor.. "It is YOU that are mistaken... About a GREAT many things..." ;)

183518[/snapback]

I see your point on the teams we've beaten during this streak, but in your post, you comment on the Bills' winning streak and then go on to say "in the end does it matter by how much??" in terms of winning. A team can only beat the teams that are on its schedule. It's not as if the Bills picked and chose the teams to play.

We did lose to some pretty good teams, but we've also improved our play in special teams and on offense. One of the things I've been pleased with is how Bledsoe has been able to manage games better. This is due to the coaches' philosophy of not putting the game in his hands and also to better production out of McGahee than we had out of Travis Henry. With a stable running game, he's been able to just make some good throws here and there as opposed to having to throw the ball just for us to be able to compete. That, as any Bills fan will tell you, has helped this team tremendously. If these trends continue, we'll have a fighting chance.

Bills win! But, so do the Jets and the Broncos....why?

Because if it ended up any other way we wouldn't be the infamous Buffalo Bills.

Wide right, 4 SB's, Music City Miracle, now we would win 7 in a row...have our best season in years...and not even make the playoffs.

as see you all seem to forget who we have beaten. The pats the Eagles, the jets, The Ravens, in fact we have beaten every team on OUR schedule at least once! Giants game we came out flat and the kick off for a runback set the pace for a shoot out game. Oh by the way, we WON that game as well. I reality I wish cowher would send in the practice squad and let you guys walk over us. I just don't think it will happen. I am also looking at total defense points allowed and total yards oh, and wins too...

as see you all seem to forget who we have beaten.  The pats the Eagles, the jets, The Ravens, in fact we have beaten every team on OUR schedule at least once!  Giants game we came out flat and the kick off for a runback set the pace for a shoot out game.  Oh by the way, we WON that game as well.  I reality I wish cowher would send in the practice squad and let you guys walk over us.  I just don't think it will happen.  I am also looking at total defense points allowed and total yards oh, and wins too...

183565[/snapback]

I havent forgotten. I just dont care.

as see you all seem to forget who we have beaten.  The pats the Eagles, the jets, The Ravens, in fact we have beaten every team on OUR schedule at least once!  Giants game we came out flat and the kick off for a runback set the pace for a shoot out game.  Oh by the way, we WON that game as well.  I reality I wish cowher would send in the practice squad and let you guys walk over us.  I just don't think it will happen.  I am also looking at total defense points allowed and total yards oh, and wins too...

183565[/snapback]

No one here questions how good the Steelers are. No one.

To start your starters has it's benefits and it's potential drawbacks. I hope Cowher makes the right decision.

Good luck.

Thanks Gant. TO your team as well. Personally I would like to see the Bills get in. Mostly because if you get in that means the Rats and the Hags will not get it so it is all good. Just hope for a good game with no injuries.

Oh, and about the comment if I DARE come back after the game?? My team is the #1 seed going into the playoffs, why the hell would I be ashamed to lose a meaningless game???

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

183565[/snapback]

HMMMM... let me tell ya this son....

The 15-1 Vikings only lost once, and they didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

A certain Steelers team played the Stan Humphries-led Chargers AT HOME, and LOST.

The little-regarded Baltimore Ravens, a team that was a WILD CARD team, suddenly caught fire, and won it ALL.

The vaunted Indianapolis Colts, juggernaut of offenses, STILL to this day cannot beat the offensively inferior Patriots.

What you do in the regular season means SHIITE.

What you do in the PLAYOFFS is all that matters. Let us in, and you'll see why!

;)

HMMMM... let me tell ya this son....

The 15-1 Vikings only lost once, and they didn't make it to the Super Bowl.

A certain Steelers team played the Stan Humphries-led Chargers AT HOME, and LOST.

The little-regarded Baltimore Ravens, a team that was a WILD CARD team, suddenly caught fire, and won it ALL.

The vaunted Indianapolis Colts, juggernaut of offenses, STILL to this day cannot beat the offensively inferior Patriots.

What you do in the regular season means SHIITE.

What you do in the PLAYOFFS is all that matters. Let us in, and you'll see why!

;)

183617[/snapback]

Oh great... You were able to pull the few upsets... Hooray. looking at your Bills team, I think you would be the last to talk about the playoffs/Superbowls.

So even though my team has beaten the 2 previously undefeated teams this year and the favorites to get to the SB. We have the #1 seed and are unbeaten in 13 games. I should worry? At least now I know who some Bills fans think...

Thanks Gant. TO your team as well.  Personally I would like to see the Bills get in.  Mostly because if you get in that means the Rats and the Hags will not get it so it is all good.  Just hope for a good game with no injuries.

Oh, and about the comment if I DARE come back after the game?? My team is the #1 seed going into the playoffs, why the hell would I be ashamed to lose a meaningless game???

183585[/snapback]

This week is a meaningless game for the Steelers?? Oh man i didnt know that.. I guess you needed to sign up just to point this out to us....thanks for stating the obvious!!!!

This week is a meaningless game for the Steelers?? Oh man i didnt know that..  I guess you needed to sign up just to point this out to us....thanks for stating the obvious!!!!

183706[/snapback]

Umm... I didn't think I was pointing that out to you. It was one of YOUR fans "daring" me to come back after the game. Like I would be ashamed of my team losing a relativly meaningless game. Try to keep up will ya.. ;)