My 2012 Draft: Kalil & Decastro

I'd rather see the Bills draft David DeCastro with that #10 pick

"We’re going to draft a tackle if we can. If there’s one there is what I mean. If there’s one we think can play we’re going to draft a tackle. You can never have too many tackles. This could be an exception, you can have exceptions to this but it’s easier to move a guy from tackle to guard than it is from guard to tackle, obviously. We draft tackles and we are at pretty good shape at guard and center." Buddy Nix

<Take cover>

Why?

There's nothing wrong with this. Fun speculation. I think it's completely unrealistic, but as my sig says, anything is possible.

The difference between this....and the posts that get attacked :devil:....is that you aren't telling us you "know" this option is available....because some internet turd says so, or, because you got a quote from a GM, who is blatantly blowing smoke. You aren't some naive bumpkin who is posting crap, as intended, by media/teams looking to spin. Or, at least you aren't so far.....

If you cross into that nonsense...then yeah, prepare for the beating.

"We're going to draft a tackle if we can. If there's one there is what I mean. If there's one we think can play we're going to draft a tackle. You can never have too many tackles. This could be an exception, you can have exceptions to this but it's easier to move a guy from tackle to guard than it is from guard to tackle, obviously. We draft tackles and we are at pretty good shape at guard and center." Buddy Nix

Yea I know the Nix speak well. I have been pushing for drafting a top LT since the Bills traded away JP. I suppose I just bought into this draft scenario to get Kalil and wanted DeCastro as well. I just see DeCastro as a future all pro guard who would help solidify that line from getting caved in. I still have visions of Jets NT Kris Jenkins being triple teamed by both guards and the center and he still got to the QB. I realize Jenkins is long gone now, but the Patriots still have Wilfork.

Yea I know the Nix speak well. I have been pushing for drafting a top LT since the Bills traded away JP. I suppose I just bought into this draft scenario to get Kalil and wanted DeCastro as well. I just see DeCastro as a future all pro guard who would help solidify that line from getting caved in. I still have visions of Jets NT Kris Jenkins being triple teamed by both guards and the center and he still got to the QB. I realize Jenkins is long gone now, but the Patriots still have Wilfork.

You have to stand pat sometimes...When Freddie got hurt he was 3rd in the NFL in Rushing...Fitz was one of the least Sacked QB's in the NFL...The Bills O-Line is not perfect...But they are 4 deep (plus Jasper) from OG to OG, and they have GLARING needs elsewhere including LT, OLB, CB, and WR...

Taking an OG at #10 would be worse than taking a RB at #8 when you already have 2 RB's on the Roster with Pro-Bowl potential...

Oh wait... :unsure:

;)

This assumes that OBD's plan is Fitz for the next 2-4yrs

Trade up for Kalil:

2012 2nd

2013 1st

2013 2nd or trade Mckelvin (or both if required)

Draft Decastro with this years 10th pick

Draft WR/CB/LB with remaining picks in 2012 and fill any remaining gapes with FA/training camp/preseason cuts.

RESULT: Quite possibly the Best O & D lines in the NFL in 2-3yrs. Best for 5-10ys.

*NOTE: I would sacrifice our #1 in 2014 to recover a 1st selection in 2013 to snag a QB. (Like Wilson. He should be the starter in 2014. Our O & D lines will turn 3yrs old that season and should be a welled oiled machine. I cannot imagine a more perfect scenario to then start your franchise QB!!

THIWR (Thats How I Would Roll)

<Take cover>

NUTZ... Sorry, but that would be a huge step backwards... Jason Peters was an UnDrafted TE out of Arkanasa... Bell was a low round pick... A top OT can be drafted and developed without selling the future...

I'd go w/ Ingram at 10 (who will be BPA), and trade back into the first to get Martin or Adams. Or wait for one to fall to us in the second. I also think Dartko from Florida State is an underrated talent that I wouldn't mind getting in a later round. We need instant impact playmakers.

Edited by RyanC883