Mocck Draft page

A CB in the first would not make me happy.

Our top needs are OT, WR and an OLB who can cover TEs.

Any BPA at those positions in the first, I say. I wouldn't mind trading up (or is it down?) to get Kalil in the first and drafting Randle (just looked at his highlight reel--looks like a potential Bill to me) in the second.

What would we have to give up typically to get the 3rd pick? As long as it's not something like the Falcons did last year, and we don't lose a second-rounder, I'd be in favor of this.

Also trust Nix and Co., so I'm not worried. Was ticked about Spiller a couple years ago, but now we all realize it was a solid move.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So we don't have to search several other posts...

Armchair GM's mock draft 2.0:

1.) Luke Keuchly, LB - BC; Tackling machine that can play all 3 LB positions in the 4-3, and play them all well.

alt. pick Stephen Hill, WR - Georgia Tech; May be a reach at 10, but I can't get over this kids physical tools (stop with the "lack of production" bs...he was in a Triple Option O and still averaged 29.2YPC)

2.) Rueben Randle, WR - LSU; This kid just gets better and better every day. Savvy route runner with great strength/size combo. Creates separation and has big play (YAC) potential all over him. Characterized as an extremely hard worker, on and off the field.

alt. pick Shea McClellin, OLB - Boise State; RELENTLESS...never stops and makes plays sideline to sideline

3.) Matt McCants, OT - UAB; Production, production, production...Started 7 games as a true freshman and played in 11 out of 12. Aside from the 2008 season (sat out because of academics) he's started every game @ LT and is considered one of the best offensive players ever to come out of UAB. Simply doesn't allow sacks.(Bench reps are a concern, but a good strength and conditioning program will fix hat)

4a.) Michael Egnew, TE - Mizzu; Tall, strong & sure handed receiving TE that can attack the seem and be a red zone threat. Plus he's got a step on most LB's in the NFL.

4b.) Josh Norman, CB - Coastal Carolina; Big South stand out that squashed any concerns with his ability to play with the big boys at the E/W Shrine game and Sr. Bowl. Opposing teams caught on and avoided throwing his way.

5a.) Jack Crawford, DE - Penn St; decent production, hard worker that makes all the hustle plays. Tall with long arms and has a knack of getting his hands up and in passing lanes. Will provide quality depth and most likely surpass the competition for rotational duty @ DE.

5b.) Coryell Judie, CB - Texas A&M; Late start in football, but has exceptional ball skills and savvy hands. Strong and athletic and has good closing ability. Attacks WR at the line and is a blitzing threat.

6.) Tank Carder, OLB - TCU; A LB named Tank...fitting, eh? Attacks gaps and closes well on the ball carrier. Blows up blockers and makes plays...plus, great story behind this kid, although may cause some concern due to the severe nature of past injuries, albeit many years ago.

7a.) Andrew Datko, OT -Florida St; Totally worth the risk if he falls this far after suffering a 2nd major shoulder injury. Prior to the injury, ha had a day 1 grade.

7b.) Dale Moss, WR - SD State; Although a HS Standout in Basketball and Football, he went to SD St. on a BBall scholarship and played only 1 year of football...but, it was a great year (61/949/6) and his pro day performance (4.38 40, 41.5" vert and a 6.32 short shuttle, that holds the record for fastest ever at any position) instantly put this kid on te radar. Rare size/speed combo @ 6'3" with explosive change of direction (see shuttle time). I hope this kid continues to fly under the radar, but someone is bound to find him...I hope it's the Bills.

Flame away...

The more I look at your draft the more I like it but I do wish we take Russell Wilson instead of one of your 5th round picks

1. melvin ingram de/olb

2. alshon jeffery

3. bobbie massie ot

4. nate potter ot

4. ladarius green te

5. cliff harris cb/kr

5. Logan Harrell dt

6. Donte Paige-Moss de

7. chris rainy wr/rb

7 adrien cole lb

I like your first two picks. After them my mock would be:

3. Mychal Kendricks LB

4. Nigel Bradham LB

4. Tommy Streeter WR

5. Zebrie Sanders OT

5. Kellen Moore QB*

6. Nate Potter OT

7. Andrew Datko OT

7. Vontaze Burflict LB

*- Kellen Moore's TD/INT ratio, accuracy, and record and football knowledge at Boise State can't be overlooked.

Less than 20 days away. Here's my opinion -

1) Dre Kirkpatrick, CB, 6'3" 192, Alabama - Elite size for the position. An extremely physical player especially at the line of scrimmage. Very solid tackler and has a reputation for being a hard worker. Great instincts make him the best zone coverage corner in the draft, but he is also a solid cover man as well. Was considered a top 10 player until a marijuana arrest raised some suspicions.

2) Bobbie Massie, OT, 6'6" 316, Mississippi - Massive tackle with long arms and quick feet. His eye-popping numbers at the combine highlight his athleticism. He is very effective at corralling speed rushers and is a solid LT prospect.

3) Marvin McNutt, WR, 6'3", 215 Iowa - The best receiver in the Big 10 last season. Great hands and size, very physical. This is the type of WR Buddy was talking about when he said "we need a guy who's open even when he's not open."

4a) Bobby Wagner, LB, Utah State 6'0" 240 - Smart player with a nose for the ball and a tackling machine. Prototypical build for a 4-3 OLB.

4b) Nick Foles, QB, 6'5" 240, Arizona - Ideal size, strong arm. Was probably slotted as the #4 QB in the draft and a high 3rd round pick until his disastrous pro day dropped his stock a bit.

The Bills draft strategy and why we'll take Kirkpatrick:

- Don't buy into all the BPA nonsense. That can be interpreted in many ways, especially if you phrase it as "best player available that helps our team the most" - and that's more along the lines of what Nix means IMO. There's also an old saying that you "build a defense from the lines out." That was true in the run-heavy NFL of the 70s and 80s, but has no weight in today's pass-happy game. QB is the hardest position to fill, followed closely by pass-rushers and cornerbacks - and good luck signing a top CB in free agency unless you have the means to hand out $50M+ contracts.

- There's a need. Currently our top 4 CB's consist of an oft-injured aging veteran (McGee), 2 shaky (at best) coverage men (Florence, McKelvin), and a promising 2nd year player that doesn't have a full season under his belt (Williams). Yes, we all know that an improved pass rush will help our CBs, but there is still a glaring need in our secondary. Look for the Bills to draft a second corner later in the draft as well.

- Nix has also made no secret of our need for CB's with quotes like "you can never have too many" and "don't be surprised if we draft another one high next year."

- Nix also seems high on players from strong conferences like the SEC.

- The physical traits of Kirkpatrick make him a tailor made matchup against the two-headed TE monster playing in New England.

Solid job and pretty convincing.

Kudos again.