Lou Dobbs...

Reported that 8 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were registered to vote.  Good thing every vote counts, huh?

More government will likely fix this kind of stuff.

182382[/snapback]

All 19 drank water, does that mean water is bad? What is the connection here?

Gee, why don't you use your big attorney brain to figure out why that would be a significant story.  Are you friggin' kidding me?

182538[/snapback]

Where were they registered to vote, here or in their home nations? I am just not sure what argument you are trying to make here. Do you want us to spend more money on voter registration security or less?

"big attorney brain" ;) I'm going to try that the next time my wife and I disagree: "C'mon honey, trust me, I have a 'big attorney brain' so I must be right". They wouldn't find my body until spring.

Where were they registered to vote, here or in their home nations?  I am just not sure what argument you are trying to make here.  Do you want us to spend more money on voter registration security or less?

"big attorney brain" ;)  I'm going to try that the next time my wife and I disagree: "C'mon honey, trust me, I have a 'big attorney brain' so I must be right".  They wouldn't find my body until spring.

182847[/snapback]

Registered to vote HERE. WTF would I care about them being able to vote in another country?

Voter registration security? Probably time to open another department in DHS. We'll have Al Gore chair it and Kitty Harris be "under Secretary".

C'mon Mick, cognitive reasoning. I have seen you use it on occasion. Run with it in your long winded way!

Registered to vote HERE.  WTF would I care about them being able to vote in another country?

Voter registration security?  Probably time to open another department in DHS.  We'll have Al Gore chair it and Kitty Harris be "under Secretary". 

C'mon Mick, cognitive reasoning.  I have seen you use it on occasion.  Run with it in your long winded way!

182905[/snapback]

But what is your complaint? Government is so stupid they let hijackers vote so we shouldn't trust government to do anything right, is that it? See, I am a model of brevity.

But what is your complaint?  Government is so stupid they let hijackers vote so we shouldn't trust government to do anything right, is that it?  See, I am a model of brevity.

182965[/snapback]

I am not sure what his point is. Maybe its the fact that the other 11 were not registered? Maybe that immigrants should not be allowed to vote? Maybe if all 19 were registered to vote in Florida Al Gore would of won the election? I am not sure what hes getting at

Reported that 8 of the 19 9/11 hijackers were registered to vote.  Good thing every vote counts, huh?

More government will likely fix this kind of stuff.

182382[/snapback]

I can't believe of all people you are stating this. The voting process in this country is the most obsolete and decentralized thing we have going.

What's gonna fix it... Nothing?

Ya... Why don't we just keep the vote process decentralized and at the county level... That will surely keep the loopholes and cracks intact. :lol::lol:

Actually Darin... This story is a product of NO Government at the voter level... It is so decentralized EVEN WITHIN states it is not even funny.

There is no reason why every state can't have a centralized voting system (Like the way it collects taxes... Sorry AK is behind there...) of it's own choosing... And then the nation would vote as a whole (the same way) for PREZ. ONLY.

????

Why not link voter reg. to SS numbers... The minute that ballot is cast it becomes "Australian."

Technonolgy needs to be a fact... It is the only thing that can tame and handle 100 million votes effectively, accurately (at least consistent), and efficiently.

:lol:

The problem and it is A FACT... Many counties (mine included) simply do not have the resources.

I can't believe of all people you are stating this.  The voting process in this country is the most obsolete and decentralized thing we have going.

What's gonna fix it... Nothing?

Ya... Why don't we just keep the vote process decentralized and at the county level... That will surely keep the loopholes and cracks intact. :lol:  :lol:

Actually Darin... This story is a product of NO Government at the voter level... It is so decentralized EVEN WITHIN states it is not even funny.

There is no reason why every state can't have a centralized voting system (Like the way it collects taxes... Sorry AK is behind there...) of it's own choosing... And then the nation would vote as a whole (the same way) for PREZ. ONLY.

????

Why not link voter reg. to SS numbers... The minute that ballot is cast it becomes "Australian."

Technonolgy needs to be a fact... It is the only thing that can tame and handle 100 million votes effectively, accurately (at least consistent), and efficiently.

:lol:

The problem and it is A FACT... Many counties (mine included) simply do not have the resources.

182976[/snapback]

Alaska is quite far ahead of the US on the voting thing. Thanks very much.

We've also got a pretty hefty surplus at the state level this year (thanks to ridiculously high crude prices :lol:). Currently reported in the neighborhood of $300,000,000.00. Apparently they're even talking about not implementing more programs and instead saving it for when times are rougher. How novel.

Alaska is quite far ahead of the US on the voting thing.  Thanks very much.

We've also got a pretty hefty surplus at the state level this year (thanks to ridiculously high crude prices :lol:).  Currently reported in the neighborhood of $300,000,000.00.  Apparently they're even talking about not implementing more programs and instead saving it for when times are rougher.  How novel.

183011[/snapback]

You totally missed the boat... This isn't a pissing contest. I made a mischoice in words by saying BEHIND... It wasn't intended to demean AK... Just to state that it doesn't need (because of being blessed with cash natural resources) to collect income tax.

Do you think it is morally right to run that surplus on the backs of some of the lower 48? In that I mean, is it right to take more money from the federal government than AK sends back? When will it be time for states like AK to start to pay back for the jump start? Help out? I know it isn't your problem, it is just that such states are part of the problem. Think individually, locally and things seem fine. I have used the ANALOGY of the group at the bar that buys "rounds" for the party... AK and other states strike me as the convienent "Johnny come lately" that has no intention of ponying up first... Then leaves convienently when it is time to start buying... :lol:

See that's the problem... It is great that it works for you and the other 875,00K people in AK... I have no problem with that... It is always easier to manage the few than the many. You take a cavalier attitude that things are fine, just as long as YOU stay ahead of the game. The people or states that fall BEHIND the game you strongly fault.

I don't know what it is about you Darin but, you must strongly feel vindicated for past wrongs or injustices?

Peace.

You totally missed the boat... This isn't a pissing contest.  I made a mischoice in words by saying BEHIND... It wasn't intended to demean AK... Just to state that it doesn't need (because of being blessed with cash natural resources) to collect income tax.

Do you think it is morally right to run that surplus on the backs of some of the lower 48?  In that I mean, is it right to take more money from the federal government than AK sends back?  When will it be time for states like AK to start to pay back for the jump start?  Help out?  I know it isn't your problem, it is just that such states are part of the problem.  Think individually, locally and things seem fine.  I have used the ANALOGY of the group at the bar that buys "rounds" for the party... AK and other states strike me as the convienent "Johnny come lately" that has no intention of ponying up first... Then leaves convienently when it is time to start buying... :lol:

See that's the problem... It is great that it works for you and the other 875,00K people in AK... I have no problem with that... It is always easier to manage the few than the many.  You take a cavalier attitude that things are fine, just as long as YOU stay ahead of the game.  The people or states that fall BEHIND the game you strongly fault.

I don't know what it is about you Darin but, you must strongly feel vindicated for past wrongs or injustices?

Peace.

183102[/snapback]

Dude lighten up. I wasn't being the least bit serious and I'm very concerned about the direction this country is taking and the deeply rooted fundamental problems like voting.

BTW, there ain't nowhere near 875K people in Alaska. Way high.

We can have the argument about payer/debtor states for the next 100 years and it doesn't bolster your side one bit. There's truly no reason for the Federal government to exist if they don't redistribute taxes to the states that are logistically behind, even if they simply handle their Constitutionally mandated duties. I would argue that they haven't come close to living up to their end of the bargain on things they promised the state when we accepted statehood.

Vindicated? Please. I find it REALLY funny that someone who obviously favors a progressive tax structure on individuals doesn't like it when it's redistributed the exact same way from the feds to the states. That's genuine. :lol:

Dude lighten up.  I wasn't being the least bit serious and I'm very concerned about the direction this country is taking and the deeply rooted fundamental problems like voting.

BTW, there ain't nowhere near 875K people in Alaska.  Way high.

We can have the argument about payer/debtor states for the next 100 years and it doesn't bolster your side one bit.  There's truly no reason for the Federal government to exist if they don't redistribute taxes to the states that are logistically behind, even if they simply handle their Constitutionally mandated duties.  I would argue that they haven't come close to living up to their end of the bargain on things they promised the state when we accepted statehood.

Vindicated?  Please.  I find it REALLY funny that someone who obviously favors a progressive tax structure on individuals doesn't like it when it's redistributed the exact same way from the feds to the states.  That's genuine.  :lol:

183179[/snapback]

Okay... I will take your advice... SOMETHING has to be done with regards to voting?

I don't mind the way it is redistributed... I support it. What gets me is the people that wanna bite the hand that helps them, the indignant (you)... The one's that cry foul or poor-mouth. You obviously misread me... All I am saying is quit the sniping and moaning.

Anyway... I stand corrected: 643,786. :lol::lol:

Okay... I will take your advice... SOMETHING has to be done with regards to voting?

I don't mind the way it is redistributed... I support it.  What gets me is the people that wanna bite the hand that helps them, the indignant (you)... The one's that cry foul or poor-mouth.  You obviously misread me... All I am saying is quit the sniping and moaning.

Anyway... I stand corrected: 643,786.  :lol:  :lol:

183193[/snapback]

Yeah, I hugely benefit from the federal largess that hits Alaska. You're obviously an expert on Alaska, why don't you break down where the money goes for me.

BTW, I'm a tax PAYER. I pay more than my share of the federal budget every year and have been for a LONG time. Can you say the same? Did you spend more than 8K per family member in federal taxes last year?

Biting the hand that feeds me. That's rich. :lol:

Yeah, I hugely benefit from the federal largess that hits Alaska.  You're obviously an expert on Alaska, why don't you break down where the money goes for me.

BTW, I'm a tax PAYER.  I pay more than my share of the federal budget every year and have been for a LONG time.  Can you say the same?  Did you spend more than 8K per family member in federal taxes last year?

Biting the hand that feeds me.  That's rich.  :lol:

183210[/snapback]

Yes I did.

Yeah, I hugely benefit from the federal largess that hits Alaska.  You're obviously an expert on Alaska, why don't you break down where the money goes for me.

BTW, I'm a tax PAYER.  I pay more than my share of the federal budget every year and have been for a LONG time.  Can you say the same?  Did you spend more than 8K per family member in federal taxes last year?

Biting the hand that feeds me.  That's rich.  :lol:

183210[/snapback]

I subsidize my own job with the federal tax I pay. :lol:

No need to get testy.

No. Glad you guys pull in that much or have that many assets... Nice to see that you contribute. If I did, I would gladly pay it...

Are you a military family? Work closely with federal agencies?

:lol::lol:

No.  Glad you guys pull in that much or have that many assets... Nice to see that you contribute.  If I did, I would gladly pay it...

183220[/snapback]

Of course you would. Everyone says that until they actually have money and realize just much they are paying in and how their hard work doesn't actually mean more money, nor are the programs that MY money goes to pay actually available to me or my family members.

Don't tell me how you'd feel because you have NO idea.

Of course you would.  Everyone says that until they actually have money and realize just much they are paying in and how their hard work doesn't actually mean more money, nor are the programs that MY money goes to pay actually available to me or my family members. 

Don't tell me how you'd feel because you have NO idea.

183228[/snapback]

Oh... Yes.. I do.

Who really cares? I came from nothing and can return to nothing.