Trying to cut costs on TV programming

I have my cell phone service through ATT

I have Direct TV for my TV programming

It is looking like I can roll my cell phone bill and their TV package "TV Uverse" or something like that to save some money month to month.....but they dont carry NFL Sunday ticket

Anyone have any thoughts of how I could work this? Really dont care about the Direct TV at all except for the NFL Sunday Ticket

There are numerous sites on the internet where you can watch football games for free.

Unless you have a group of people watching the game with you, I would watch it on my computer instead.

When I've done that, the picture is not great, gets blurry when the action is fast and there sometimes is a lot of buffering going on.

When I've done that, the picture is not great, gets blurry when the action is fast and there sometimes is a lot of buffering going on.

I don't watch online as much as I used to, just the occaisonal Celtics game here and there...honeslty, as expensive as the various sports packages are, for me, as much as I love watching NFL, NHL and NBA games, they are well worth it... watching online just ins't the same for me.

I will say, John, if watching the games live isn't of the utmost importance to you, the NFL Rewind is pretty great. The picture is excellent, no buffering...although, as I was bummed to learn this past season, if you are a Mac person, you can't watch on your Mac.

You could buy a PS3 and watch Sunday Ticket through that. I know there were problems at the beginning of last year but you could look it up and see if it improved.

The catch with that is you have to either have Direct Tv or live somewhere that doesn't let you have Direct TV. I think the point of the OP was that he wanted to get rid of Direct TV.

You could buy a PS3 and watch Sunday Ticket through that. I know there were problems at the beginning of last year but you could look it up and see if it improved.

I got Sunday Ticket to go last season. You can watch on your computer, phone, or PS3, but its $350 and the quality, at least for me, was horrible. I can't recommend not getting the 'to go' version enough. You're much better off streaming for free from one of the other well-known sites.

I don't watch online as much as I used to, just the occaisonal Celtics game here and there...honeslty, as expensive as the various sports packages are, for me, as much as I love watching NFL, NHL and NBA games, they are well worth it... watching online just ins't the same for me.

I will say, John, if watching the games live isn't of the utmost importance to you, the NFL Rewind is pretty great. The picture is excellent, no buffering...although, as I was bummed to learn this past season, if you are a Mac person, you can't watch on your Mac.

To the OP:

I had NFL Rewind for the first time last season - - if you have a fast enough Internet connection the picture is HD. You can check picture quality for your particular Internet connection by signing up for the preseason package - - price declines as you get closer to the regular season. I signed up for something like $5 when there was only 1 preseason game left just to check my video quality at home. If it's fast enough to get acceptable picture quality, you can then sign up for the whole regular NFL season for about $40.

And if you want to stream Internet video to your TV so you can watch on a bigger screen, several options are explained here:

http://www.dailyfinance.com/2011/02/22/savings-experiment-cutting-the-cord-on-cable-tvs-pricey-bill/?ncid=txtlnkusdail00000004

Good luck.