Can Anyone Shed Some Light on Our Salary Cap Sitch?

I know we had significant room for spending but we've signed Fitz, Stevie, Mario and now Mark Anderson, and have committed to signing Fred Jackson. Does anybody have the scoop on where we stand now? Is Pegula donating to the Bills personnel fund these days or what?

We obviously must have room to pay our 2012 draft picks as well but it seems like we must be out of cash for a few years now.

Does anybody have the data?

Ive scratched my head with this too.....There is going to have to be some cuts Dwan Edwards seems the most obvious. Then there is some high paid guys we can survive without, Merriman, Kelsay, Maybe Leodis and Spencer Johnson, Brad Smith...dunno

It was reported to be $22 million prior to the Mark Anderson signing by NFL.com. I don't know how accurate that actually is or was, but I can see one more signing possibly before this thing is through. Our own (Bell) or others (McNeill).

Now that that's out of the way, can somebody shed some light on where the abbreviation "sitch" came about? I thought maybe that I invented it, but now that I'm seeing it elsewhere, I'm thinking maybe it was common before I started using it. What's the sitch, yo?

Now that that's out of the way, can somebody shed some light on where the abbreviation "sitch" came about? I thought maybe that I invented it, but now that I'm seeing it elsewhere, I'm thinking maybe it was common before I started using it. What's the sitch, yo?

no, it wasn't you. it was kim possible, yo.

Edited by Dirtbag

Thanks. After doing some research, er, using google, I'm embarrassed that I thought I might have invented the sitch myself. The sitch way predates me.

I saw a neat usage of it, though, as a combination of situation and B word, as in, "Man, what a sitch it will be for Tebow to adapt to Gotham City."

The Bills probably have plenty of money. Remember last year, they were like $25MM under the cap. Don't be dazzled by total figures in the contracts. All that matters is the guaranteed money--the rest is window dressing. Mario Williams is getting paid $50MM although some of it is front-loaded. The $100MM is a mirage as is the Calvin Johnson $132MM.

As Bills fans, we have become programmed to think cheap. The Bills need to spend near or close to the salary cap number to not be cheap anymore. Let's hope they do.

I'm really happy they got Anderson. Never heard of him but before they did that, I was hoping for Couples. But now they can focus on other positions--LB, OT, CB.

I would like the Bills to address linebacker next (FA if any out there). They really need to get a stud in there somehow so teams don't run through anymore. The Reggie Bush game was an embarrassment for all times.