Excluding injury, how many yards would Travis have

Kelly the Dog

IMO, he would have matched Corey Dillon's 1500. He does have a knack for getting hurt, so this is purely hypothetical. But he would do great on the Patsie's, who know how to block and open holes, utilize players, and get RBs through the line into the secondary. Travis would easily run wild on a team like that.

My guess is he'd have about 300 yards rushing (a bit more than Kevin Faulk) because Corey Dillon would still be the starter. Until TH can learn to block as well as run, he won't be a complete back. And if he hasn't started blocking yet, I don't know if he ever will :o

CW

...and in the process, he would get Brady killed with his inability to pass block on blitzes :o !

181721[/snapback]

Ummm, Dillon doesn't block either, nor does he catch, nor does he even play on third downs for the Patsies. In his eight year career, his two best seasons were almost identical to Travis' two best seasons, 1300 and 1400 yards (even though Travis played less than half the years that Corey has) except that Travis scored more touchdowns. The most passes that Dillon ever caught was 43, the exact same number that Travis caught in his second year.

http://www.nfl.com/partners/aol?http://www...playerpage/1681

Ummm, Dillon doesn't block either, nor does he catch, nor does he even play on third downs for the Patsies. In his eight year career, his two best seasons were almost identical to Travis' two best seasons, 1300 and 1400 yards (even though Travis played less than half the years that Corey has) except that Travis scored more touchdowns. The most passes that Dillon ever caught was 43, the exact same number that Travis caught in his second year.

181768[/snapback]

I don't watch many Patriots games, but I've seen Dillon make some nice blitz pickups from time to time. Never seen TH do that.

CW

I don't watch many Patriots games, but I've seen Dillon make some nice blitz pickups from time to time.  Never seen TH do that.

CW

181774[/snapback]

Then you have been watching the Pats and not the Bills because Travis has done that. He absolutely stinks at it, but he HAS done it well from time to time. Just as much as Dillon has.

Travis doesn't have the same abilities that Dillon has. Dillon has the ability to run outside and smash up the middle.

Travis = A. Smith.

181792[/snapback]

I agree. I don't think Travis is a better runner or player than Dillon is. I think I would rather have Dillon than Travis, slightly. But Travis is just as productive a runner. And they both have liabilities. Dillon is bigger, faster, stronger, and a much better breakaway runner. Travis is better at grinding out tough yards and bouncing off/breaking tackles. They are very close. Besides, the question was only how many yards would TH have on the Patsies, and because of the plays they run and holes they produce, IMO Travis would excel on an offense like that.

ANyone who only counts lost fumbles is not looking at the real game of football. Recovery of fumbles is luck, period. The fact is Travis lays it on the carpet at a rate much higher than Dillon and has been "LUCKY" that more weren't lost. The stats show travis had 7 and dillon 4. Recovery is a moot an invalid arguement.

ANyone who only counts lost fumbles is not looking at the real game of football.  Recovery of fumbles is luck, period.  The fact is Travis lays it on the carpet at a rate much higher than Dillon and has been "LUCKY" that more weren't lost.  The stats show travis had 7 and dillon 4.  Recovery is a moot an invalid arguement.

181884[/snapback]

Do you count dropped interceptions as interceptions as well? And if you're going to say "you're not looking at the real game of football" you would also have to admit that Travis' fumbling problem isn't nearly as pronounced as it was it in the past. Because he lays it on the ground, losing it or not, half as much as hedid before. You would also have to admit that now Willis McGahee has a fumbling problem at a Travis Henry rate as he has laid the ball on the carpet 5-6 times in the last 5 games (depending on if you count the Bledsoe handoff as Drew's or Willis' fault). Recovering fumbles doesn't lose you football games but lost fumbles do.

Besides, if the thread were about who drops the ball more, you would have a valid point, and I would agree with you. Nor have I said that Travis is as good as Dillon is. In fact, I said precisely the opposite. But the thread isn't about fumbling, it's not even about who is better between Dillon and Henry, it's about how many yards TH would have if he played a whole season on the Pats.

181768[/snapback]

Dillon doesn't play on third down because the Pats have Kevin Faulk, who is very valuable as a third down back for his blocking, his pass catching ability and most importantly his nose for the chains which is exceptional. The days of three down running backs seem to be declining.

Dillon is decent to good at blitz pickup (not great). Henry is in the bottom three backs in the league.

Dillon looks like he has been playing with a hand injury this season. Comparing Dillon's worst season for fumbles versus Travis's best and then saying they're similar is not a very level-headed comparison.

I don't think Henry would ever be on the Patriots - they really put a premium on pass blocking because they run so many WR screens and one back sets. The three years of Antowain also suggest that they will sacrifice yards for a lack of turnovers.